ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 7 of 14 (Oct. 14-15)

My associate, Guido, advises me he expects Tech to open as 3-pt favorites against Bye Week next week. Would be a Pick'Em if played on neutral field. A Bye Week defender, Inside Linebacker Slammer McBrokenbone, was asked this week if they were preparing for Tech's funky offense and if so whether they had any balls to use during practice. His response follows...

"Yeah man, like we been practicin for that triple option and all dat stuff. We ain't got no balls. Don't need 'em. Coach said we don't need to worry 'bout assignment football or any of that stupid stuff. Our job is just to crack skulls."

Watch out, Tech. Bye Week sounds like they are coming to Grant Field on a mission. Well, to crack skulls, I guess.

My associate, Guido, advises me he expects Tech to open as 3-pt favorites against Bye Week next week. Would be a Pick'Em if played on neutral field. A Bye Week defender, Inside Linebacker Slammer McBrokenbone, was asked this week if they were preparing for Tech's funky offense and if so whether they had any balls to use during practice. His response follows...

"Yeah man, like we been practicin for that triple option and all dat stuff. We ain't got no balls. Don't need 'em. Coach said we don't need to worry 'bout assignment football or any of that stupid stuff. Our job is just to crack skulls."

Watch out, Tech. Bye Week sounds like they are coming to Grant Field on a mission. Well, to crack skulls, I guess.
I'll have to bet on Bye till I see if our defense can stop someone on the first drive.

I think that Louisville spread and o/u is the result of having a coach who loves to RUTS having a legitimate license to RUTS. Louisville is officially in the camp of having to win style points. That said, if you actually play a game like this, you might have a gambling problem.

And since we all have drinking problems, draining the clubhouse bar non-stop for the past few days, RyanS12 needs to be our designated driver when he finally shows up.

Reactions: RyanS12
3 additional CFB plays to add...

-Ga Tech-Ga Southern over 47
-UCLA-Washington State over 53
-Washington State -6.5 over UCLA (gave up some to move line from 7.5 to 6.5)

Inside the ACC's Week 7 picks for the ACC games... http://acc.sportswar.com/article/2016/10/14/acc-football-week-seven-staff-picks/

Georgia Southern (3-2) @ Georgia Tech (3-3, 1-3 ACC), 12:30 PM ET Saturday, ACC Network

Line: GT -10.5

Cates: The Yellow Jackets have been scuffling but they should find a way to beat Georgia Southern at home.

Greenberg: Georgia Tech is looking for a way to get over the hump in their games. A visit from Georgia Southern will do just that as the Yellow Jackets will win and cover.

McDaniel: Don’t tell me Georgia Tech won’t cover in this game. Their defense has more than enough in this game to force some Georgia Southern turnovers and win this thing comfortably at home.

Sorry guys. Been down with the flu. Just woke up. Hope it's not too late?
Louisville
Clemson
Vandy
GT
Pitt
Miami
VT
Ohio St
FSU
Tennessee
I'll take an L on the Louisville pick since it's past kickoff

No worries, mate. I've got you down for Louisville.

Need you to check 2 games not included in your picks...FSU -21 hosting Wake and Alabama -13 at Knoxville.

Hope you get to feeling better.

No worries, mate. I've got you down for Louisville.

Need you to check 2 games not included in your picks...FSU -21 hosting Wake and Alabama -13 at Knoxville.

Hope you get to feeling better.
Thanks you. I edited my post and added them. If it's not there I have FSU and Tennessee

I was afraid we had lost a soldier (and designated driver). Hope you are feeling better soon RyanS12! Though we are both on Louisville here, I'm loving watching Todd Grantham getting caught with his pants down against the Cut. Go Dook!!

I'm watching the Volleybees and Duke-UofL game at the same time. Cards look like they are a little rusty coming off an open week. They likely awake by halftime and then lay it on the kids from Jersey. Question is, will they get over 35 by final buzzer?

I was afraid we had lost a soldier (and designated driver). Hope you are feeling better soon RyanS12! Though we are both on Louisville here, I'm loving watching Todd Grantham getting caught with his pants down against the Cut. Go Dook!!
I drink to much to be a DD. That damn Crown Royal Vanilla is my new addiction....

Duke reinforces they are the most schizo unpredictable team in the nation. Tight game with 6:34 left. Wow! o_O

I would like to change my pick to Duke. I'll let you know tomorrow night if I would like to make any other changes.

Last edited:
Late money came rolling in on Clemson driving the line all the way up to +20.5, made this my 4th and final play of the weekend.

NC State's offense has moved the ball at will against Clemson's defense amassing 276 yards of offense in the first half. They just keep self destructing with penalties when they get into scoring position.

Vandy just beat the Dwags in Athens. Haaa haaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

LMAO

Vandy just beat the Dwags in Athens. Haaa haaa haaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

LMAO

So great!! I haven't even been watching the score of that one. Way to go Vandy!!! BANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCEBANANA DANCE

Don't look now, but NC State is poised to take the lead with a minute to go against Clemson.

Make this FG Pack! Would love to see Clemson go down. Their fans deserve some humble pie.

Wow, just missed wide right. Bummer for Wolfpack fans should they go on to lose.

Haven't seen any of the UVA game but that went from being a Big-12 shootout in the first half to a Big-10 defensive battle in the 2nd half. Weird.

Syracuse has hit on some trick plays to stun the Hokies. VPI&SU I think is still the best team in the Coastal. But, they had better step it up right now. Cuse screwed up a 1st and goal at the 2 yard line walking away with no points a few moments ago when they had a chance to extend their lead to 21-3.

Funny. Dwags fans may be asking for Spray Tan Boy back right now. Canes fans right now likely saying they can have him back. Cheaters up 20-3 at the half at Miami.

Wake hanging tough at Tally. And, because I mentioned the game in this week's preview thread, The Citadel appears they will take care of Chattanooga in that big SoCon game (up by 8 with 24 seconds left and about to kick off).

If Syracuse holds on to this lead, that would be a really big upset with that line floating up to 21 by kickoff. I'm in shock that UNC's defense could keep any offense out of the end zone for two 2+ quarters. o_O

I think Orange is going to win this thing and throw a major monkey wrench into the Coastal race.

It's been a long time since I've seen a Bud Foster defense tackle so poorly. WOW!

Hope they tackle this badly when we travel to Blacksburg next month.

It looks like another year of chaos and parity in the Coastal division. Round and round it goes, where it lands nobody knows...

It's been a long time since I've seen a Bud Foster defense tackle so poorly. WOW!

Hope they tackle this badly when we travel to Blacksburg next month.
I agree and I hate to say it but it's our tackling you need to worry about. :)

With this Syracuse upset of the Hokies, the Atlantic Division now takes a 5-3 lead over the Coastal in head-to-head meetings. 2 of the 3 AD losses were from hapless Boston College (to GT and VPI&SU).

I agree and I hate to say it but it's our tackling you need to worry about. :)

Heck, I always worry about that.

Truth is though, in 7 games this season, our defense has given up more than 24 points in just 1 of them. At Pitt. The Panthers have put up 37 or more on every D1A opponent thru 7 games this season so I guess that isn't too unexpected though. As long as our defense keeps giving up 24 or less points, we have a good shot to win. Hopefully, the offense continues to progress after 2 good games - and 2 not-so-good defenses.

When Miami joined the ACC and started playing an ACC FB schedule in 2004, they were just 3 years removed from a national title and 2 years removed for losing a nation title game.

With their home loss to the Cheaters, they likely keep their streak going now of never having played in the ACCCG. I guess things could still bounce their way in a jumbled up Coastal Division, but they now have to travel to Blacksburg on short rest Thursday night where the Hokies are stellar, off 2 straight losses, and an angry Turkey Buzzard bunch who just lost by 2 TD's at Syracuse.

Is Miami the worst return on investment the ACC has made?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT