ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 7 of 14 (Oct. 14-15)

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Week 6 Recap: As we approach the halfway point to the season, this past week belonged to Texwood as he hit on 7 of 9 picks (Tennessee-A&M was a push). Just behind him were BFLJr and SPRITE6 at 6-3. And for the third week in a row, yours truly posted the worst week. Onwards and forwards!

Standings thru Week 6:

SPRITE6 34-23 (59.6%)
BornAJacket 34-23 (59.6%)
Texwood 33-24 (57.9%)
stech81 32-25 (56.1%)
RyanS12 30-27 (52.6%)
BFLJr 25-32 (43.9%)
GTJT622 25-32 (43.9%)
Buzzforlife 22-35 (38.6%)
------------------------------------
stinger78 7-11 (38.9%)

Week 7 games and spreads below. Please submit picks before 4pm Friday. Thanks.

Game 1: Fri 7:00 (ESPN) Duke at #7 Louisville -35.5

Game 2: 12:00 (ABC) NC State at #3 Clemson

Game 3: 12:00 (SEC Network) Vanderbilt at Georgia

Game 4: 12:30 (RSN) Georgia Southern at Ga Tech

Game 5: 12:30 (ACC Network) Pittsburgh
-3.0 at Virginia

Game 6: 3:30 (ABC) North Carolina at #16 Miami

Game 7: 3:30 (ESPN) Wake Forest at #14 Florida State

Game 8: 3:30 (CBS) #1 Alabama
-13.0 at #9 Tennessee

Game 9: 3:45 (ESPN-U) #17 Virginia Tech
-19.5 at Syracuse

Game 10: 8:00 (ABC) #2 Ohio State
-10.5 at #8 Wisconsin

Well I sucked last week I'll try some other way to pick
1)Louisville -35.5
2)Clemson -17.5
3)uga -14
4)Ga Tech -10.5
5)Pitt -3
6)miami -6.5
7)WF 21
8)Alabama -13 hope tenn wins
9)VT -19.5
10) Wisconsin 10.5

Louisville - This is an angry team with an extra week and a d-bag head coach who has a proclivity to run up the score anyway. Hide the wife, hide the kids.
NC State - Wolfpack's balanced offense is too good to be getting 17.5 in this spot. This is one of two lines in this week's Pick'em that surprises me.
Georgia - Thoroughly underwhelmed with Vanderbilt which sucks as a Tech fan because that win looked fairly impressive at the time. In retrospect, we rolled over a bad team.
Georgia Tech - This is the other line in this week's Pick'em that surprises me and I jumped on it like Trump jumps women when it hit the books.
Pittsburgh - I know I'm going to regret picking against Virginia in this spot as they play very well against the spread. It's just difficult for me to make the case that the Cavs can slow Pitt's offense - even a little bit.
Miami - Transitivity rule says 6.5 is way too big of a number for this game (UNC wins at FSU, FSU wins at Miami). But transitivity doesn't work so well in sports and rivalry games break all the rules. I think Miami plays enough defense in this one to cover.
Wake Forest - I think Wake is good enough to stay within 3 TD's against a team with a porous defense.
Tennessee - If Bammer coming to town doesn't get this group focused enough to play a complete game, nothing will. If the Vols are able to play said complete game, they can win outright. Take the Vols +400 here.
Virginia Tech - Syracuse stinks.
Wisconsin - I just think 10.5 is too big of a spread for a team that plays defense as well as the Badgers do. Add in that they have had an extra week to prepare for this and Wisconsin looks interesting on both the line and moneyline in this idiot's eyes.

Maybe I can change my handle to Coke 6(I already have about three on this site), so I can rise up like the Falcons and Sprite 6?

The Pro. team is soaring like they are on cocaine and Sprite 6 is killing me in this pool(congrats. to him for being in the lead). Still like Coke Zero better than Sprite Zero.

Maybe I can change my handle to Coke 6(I already have about three on this site), so I can rise up like the Falcons and Sprite 6?

The Pro. team is soaring like they are on cocaine and Sprite 6 is killing me in this pool(congrats. to him for being in the lead). Still like Coke Zero better than Sprite Zero.
Looking at my picks and yours one of us it hit a lot . :)

Looking at my picks and yours one of us it hit a lot . :)

I'm pulling for you mate, since we agree on eight of these. I'll gladly ride your coattails to 8-2 while you get hot again and hit on every single one of these games!!

If I were you loser...errr...lesbians, I would not trust me. I'm at the point where cheating is moving up on my set of options. If I go 40-0 over the next 4 weeks, don't be surprised.

BANDIT

Nice to be on top, but if I were the Head Coach at LSU, I'd be fired.

Got everything locked down early this week for fear of the line moving against me.

Vols +400
Wisconsin +10.5
Good Guys -10.5

Liking the symmetry on the spread plays, and the big whole number on the moneyline play. Good luck, mates!!

BFL, Jr.
------------------

1)Louisville, wins by 39.
2)N.C. St., win straight up by 3....45-42. Remind you of a game in 2008?
3)UGA, wins by 15....45-30.
4)G.T. wins by 14...42-28.
5)Pittsburgh wins by 14...41-27.
6)Miami wins by 7...37-30.
7)F.S.U. wins by 28....49-21.
8)Tenn. wins straight up by 7....47-40.
9)V.T. wins by 21....49-28.
10)Wisconsin wins straight up by 1....42-41.

Mine...

Duke (I think it was Jim Morrison who wanted to be your Backdoor Man...Duke wants to be this week versus the huge spread)

Clemson (last 2 trips to Death Valley by the Pack have seen them give up 41 and 62...I can see Clemson getting 50...I can't see Clemson giving up more than 28)

Cesspool (from the pool of mediocre SEC teams...Vandy is terrible...if Tech can beat them by 31, then I think the Dwags can at least cover 14)

Ga Tech (offense will click...defense will too)

Virginia (last time I said I wasn't sure UVA could score enough to keep up, they hung 49 on Central Michigan as home underdogs)

Miami (don't like this game at all...flipped a coin)

FSU (Noles have won last 3 at Tally over Wake by a combined score of 126-3...I think they'll open up a can on one of the weakest 1-loss teams in the nation)

Alabama (just too many injuries to overcome and Vols are too careless with the ball...starting out flat will bury them this week and make it very difficult to recover)

Va Tech (Hokies have been dominant since turning it over a zillion times at Bristol...Syracuse = Vandy = sucks)

Ohio State (Ga State has scored the most points on the Badgers this season...that includes LSU, Michigan and Michigan State...but, Buckeyes are in a different stratosphere than all of those...I'll trust Urban Meyer)

???
Clemson
uGA
GT
UVA
Miami
FSU
Bama
Wisc

as for the first game...
I don't think Louisville will cover 35.5 points

I've got you down for Duke in Game #1. I need you to reply with a pick on the Hokies-Orange game that is left out please. Thanks.

so that's a tossup as well.
I went out on a limb with Syracuse already and got burnt, So I guess I'll pick against them this time.

VPI covers

Week 6 Recap: As we approach the halfway point to the season, this past week belonged to Texwood as he hit on 7 of 9 picks (Tennessee-A&M was a push). Just behind him were BFLJr and SPRITE6 at 6-3. And for the third week in a row, yours truly posted the worst week. Onwards and forwards!

Standings thru Week 6:

SPRITE6 34-23 (59.6%)
BornAJacket 34-23 (59.6%)
Texwood 33-24 (57.9%)
stech81 32-25 (56.1%)
RyanS12 30-27 (52.6%)
BFLJr 25-32 (43.9%)
GTJT622 25-32 (43.9%)
Buzzforlife 22-35 (38.6%)
------------------------------------
stinger78 7-11 (38.9%)

Week 7 games and spreads below. Please submit picks before 4pm Friday. Thanks.

Game 1: Fri 7:00 (ESPN) Duke at #7 Louisville -35.5

Game 2: 12:00 (ABC) NC State at #3 Clemson

Game 3: 12:00 (SEC Network) Vanderbilt at Georgia

Game 4: 12:30 (RSN) Georgia Southern at Ga Tech

Game 5: 12:30 (ACC Network) Pittsburgh
-3.0 at Virginia

Game 6: 3:30 (ABC) North Carolina at #16 Miami

Game 7: 3:30 (ESPN) Wake Forest at #14 Florida State

Game 8: 3:30 (CBS) #1 Alabama
-13.0 at #9 Tennessee

Game 9: 3:45 (ESPN-U) #17 Virginia Tech
-19.5 at Syracuse

Game 10: 8:00 (ABC) #2 Ohio State
-10.5 at #8 Wisconsin

What up with that? I'm ahead of BFL... just saying...

Dook +35.5
NCSU +17.5
UGA -14.0
GSU +10.5
Pitt -3.0
Miami -6.5
WFU +21.0
Alabama +13.0
VPI -19.5
Wisconsin +10.5

Nope. He's 15 strokes ahead. And, he's already cleared the windmill hole.

too many big spreads this week

I've often wondered how much action those big spreads take. They seem like such a crap shoot that I wouldn't think they would attract much handle. I do know that I've been impressed at how often those spreads are accurately reflected in the final scores of lopsided contests.

I think he's boasting his better win percentage?

Yeah, I know. Unfortunately for him, that's not the way the winner will be decided. At least, not right now. I still may change it later on. Plus, if we were going by winning percentage, I would've quit after Week 1. :D

We've got 2 foursomes in the clubhouse drinking at the 19th hole, while awaiting RyanS12 who is studying his picks diligently this week.

No unanimous picks this week.

I notice that stech81 is always first into the clubhouse to get a head start on the beer.

It's actions like that which reinforce why he is on the fast track to being 3rd shift assistant supervisor at Walmart. You know, management material. While the rest of us labor at 8 bucks an hour making radios.

Stech81 has to finish up quickly so he can watch the Trump Rallies on the News Channels. They never factor in any issues, just hate for The Clintons(Bill admits to being a redneck, oh joy), Media hate, denial of extreme advances toward women(did I say that nice enough?)and downing America in the present.

NCAA games I've locked in at my book...

Cesspool -14 over Vandy (Vandy sucks...Cesspool isn't much to brag about either, but they've got Chubb back and he should take a lot of pressure off their freshman QB)

GT -10.5 over GSU

Kansas State-Oklahoma over 58.5 (obligatory B12 high scoring affair)

Pitt-Virginia over 61 (both teams will score at least in the 30's...it's a Pitt game thing)

Va Tech -20.5 over Syracuse (Hokies continue to roll)

NFL games...

Eagles-Redskins over 44.5 (this game normally plays to high point totals...expecting more of the same)

4-team 6-pt teaser:
Pats -2.5 over Bengals (Cincy misses Tyler Eifert much more than they ever expected)
Steelers -1.5 over Fish (best thing that happened to PIT was getting their butts handed to them in Week 3 at Philly)
Bills -1.5 over Niners (Niners stink, early east coast start, Rex Ryan and crew have renewed life after opening 0-2...see the same for *MY* Redskins)
Cardinals -1.5 over Jets (Palmer is back at QB, Jets' pass defense is atrocious...though getting Revis back this week may help some...Zona can't afford another bad outing especially at home)

UofL-Duke O/U = 71

APB out on RyanS12 for this week's picks. Breaker breaker 1-9, RyanS12, gotcha ears on there, bub?

Thursday deadline of 4:00p.m.
You have the patience of Jobe, my friend!

Thank you for making these threads, the enjoyment of Fall Season!!

Cesspool -14 over Vandy (Vandy sucks...Cesspool isn't much to brag about either, but they've got Chubb back and he should take a lot of pressure off their freshman QB)

Always pick the mutts. If they win, you win. If they lose, you still win.

It's actions like that which reinforce why he is on the fast track to being 3rd shift assistant supervisor at Walmart. You know, management material. While the rest of us labor at 8 bucks an hour making radios.
UofL-Duke O/U = 71

APB out on RyanS12 for this week's picks. Breaker breaker 1-9, RyanS12, gotcha ears on there, bub?
Does he need me to proxy his picks?

This weeks' deadline is 4pm Friday. And agree as well to the enjoyment of this weekly thread. Thank you!

Just a heads up for next week's list of contest games, there are only 4 games involving ACC teams next week (including one on Thursday night - Miami at VPI&SU). So, there will be a lot of non-ACC games next week...at least, more than normal. Six ACC teams are playing either Bye Week or Open Date next week...GT, FSU, Clemson, Pitt, Duke and Wake.

While here and on the subject, the ACC awaits to release the season schedule in late January or early Febraury each year in cahoots with TV partner, ESPN, with the purpose of and I quote "optimizing TV opportunities". Well, seems like once again they really failed for Week 8. The Canes-Hokies game on Thursday night could be one of the biggest games in the ACC. Sounds great. Well, for the first half until the majority of the FB-viewing nation turns the channel over to the Packers-Bears game. Head-to-head, the NFL always crushes NCAA.

Then, on Saturday, we have these "thrillers" to display ACC FB... NCSU at UofL, Cheaters at Massah Jeffuhsun's Univuhsity, and Syracuse at BC. Yipeeeeee! Sarcasm

Can we pick the Tech vs. Bye game? I can use another tie where you can't lose for choosing either side.Takes one off the board.

I'm thinking 0-0, with the over/under at zero? I'll take Tech in that match.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT