ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking news... Mike Bobinski to take Purdue AD job??

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/08/09/mike-bobinski-expected-to-take-purdue-ad-job/

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT NEWS!!!

WOOHOO!

tumblr_m8m6f5cuwr1rvwq31o1_500.gif

I want to go ahead and throw my name into the hat for the Athletic Directorship of the Georgia Institute of Technology.

My campaign will be named...
MAKE TECH GREAT AGAIN!

Don't worry about funding my campaign. I have the money. Not my own money of course. Come on. I live in a damn trailer park. But, of course, the NRA will be funding my candidacy. Just like they do for all unqualified morons in this country.

Here are some of my platform missions...

1. We are going to build a wall around the perimeter and the Cesspool is going to pay for it.

2. All people from the state of North Carolina are rapists and murderers. They will be deported outside the wall...if we don't execute them first.

3. The NCAA is run by Presbyterians and Presbyterians are evil. Tech will be seceding from the NCAA if our demands to exterminate all Presbyterians from the NCAA's leadership are not immediately met.

4. We cannot trust any pending NCAA legislation from judges of North Carolina decent. We will fight this...with the NRA's financial backing of course.

5. Since I don't have any knowledge of the inner workings of national and international policy and consensus building, I will instead come up with cute labels of my opponents in attempts to deflect my vast lack of intelligence. I will start with Crooked Bill and Lyin' Wayne.

6. The rest of you need to understand that *I* am the only one who can fix this Tech Athletics in the crapper problem that we have now. Now, raise your right hand and swear allegiance to me. If you don't have a right hand, that means you are handicapped and are now in my direct fire for making fun of you. The NRA said I could.

7. We will be discontinuing women's athletics at Tech. After all, women are pigs and blood flows from...well...wherever.

8. I know I will win because the Deep South has a higher than normal history of believing in TV evangelists, pro wrestling being real, and wanting to reenact a war from 160 years ago...that was LOST! Imagine that. So, winning over a bunch of simple-minded boobs should be pretty easy. I'll just say what they want to hear and I'll be AD soon in a landslide. Oh, I forgot to say...WHITE POWER!

9. I will retain the head coaches of all the men's athletic programs that I decide to keep. That is, as long as they suck up to me and kiss my royal hind parts constantly. I like having "yes men" around me. If they have experience with organized crime, filing for multiple bankruptcies, failure to pay bills and workers, hiring illegal immigrants, have hundreds of lawsuits against them for committing fraud, and being an overall con artist, then their jobs should be pretty safe. I'm thinking of creating a fraudulent education program at Tech called "JT University" to teach others how to con people like I do.

10. Finally, while it may surprise you that I can't believe anybody would actually vote for me considering my sample of missions listed above, I know they will because some people are really - and I mean REALLY - f'ing stupid. And, when it comes to stupid, I'm your guy. Georgia Tech Athletics...LIVE THE STUPIDITY! JT for AD 2016!!

I want to go ahead and throw my name into the hat for the Athletic Directorship of the Georgia Institute of Technology.

My campaign will be named...
MAKE TECH GREAT AGAIN!

Don't worry about funding my campaign. I have the money. Not my own money of course. Come on. I live in a damn trailer park. But, of course, the NRA will be funding my candidacy. Just like they do for all unqualified morons in this country.

Here are some of my platform missions...

1. We are going to build a wall around the perimeter and the Cesspool is going to pay for it.

2. All people from the state of North Carolina are rapists and murderers. They will be deported outside the wall...if we don't execute them first.

3. The NCAA is run by Presbyterians and Presbyterians are evil. Tech will be seceding from the NCAA if our demands to exterminate all Presbyterians from the NCAA's leadership are not immediately met.

4. We cannot trust any pending NCAA legislation from judges of North Carolina decent. We will fight this...with the NRA's financial backing of course.

5. Since I don't have any knowledge of the inner workings of national and international policy and consensus building, I will instead come up with cute labels of my opponents in attempts to deflect my vast lack of intelligence. I will start with Crooked Bill and Lyin' Wayne.

6. The rest of you need to understand that *I* am the only one who can fix this Tech Athletics in the crapper problem that we have now. Now, raise your right hand and swear allegiance to me. If you don't have a right hand, that means you are handicapped and are now in my direct fire for making fun of you. The NRA said I could.

7. We will be discontinuing women's athletics at Tech. After all, women are pigs and blood flows from...well...wherever.

8. I know I will win because the Deep South has a higher than normal history of believing in TV evangelists, pro wrestling being real, and wanting to reenact a war from 160 years ago...that was LOST! Imagine that. So, winning over a bunch of simple-minded boobs should be pretty easy. I'll just say what they want to hear and I'll be AD soon in a landslide. Oh, I forgot to say...WHITE POWER!

9. I will retain the head coaches of all the men's athletic programs that I decide to keep. That is, as long as they suck up to me and kiss my royal hind parts constantly. I like having "yes men" around me. If they have experience with organized crime, filing for multiple bankruptcies, failure to pay bills and workers, hiring illegal immigrants, have hundreds of lawsuits against them for committing fraud, and being an overall con artist, then their jobs should be pretty safe. I'm thinking of creating a fraudulent education program at Tech called "JT University" to teach others how to con people like I do.

10. Finally, while it may surprise you that I can't believe anybody would actually vote for me considering my sample of missions listed above, I know they will because some people are really - and I mean REALLY - f'ing stupid. And, when it comes to stupid, I'm your guy. Georgia Tech Athletics...LIVE THE STUPIDITY! JT for AD 2016!!

You have our vote

www_bigbrew.jpg.JPG

I'm thinking of adding you to my Cabinet as Secretary of Kegs. Will have to do a background check to vet you first of course. Need to make sure you have no Mexican ancestry and you aren't one of "them"...you know...Presbyterian.

Pretty sure you have the multiple marriages thing down, which is a huge plus. Are any of your wives illegal immigrants by chance? That would be helpful.

Of course, who am I kidding? I can pick and choose whoever I'd like. I don't need to run any of this by anybody. Because *I* will be the law.

After talking to CPJ, MBob was part of a trade with Purdue. They get him and we get 2 defensive lineman to be named later. Problem is we are still trying to find two that can pass Calculus.

I don't believe it. CPJ would never trade for two defensive linemen. He doesn't even know who our defensive linemen are now. "They", "them", "those guys" are on the wrong side of the ball to him. He will be trading for offensive players. Let's just hope they aren't "offensive" when they get here. Nyuk nyuk nyuk.

(ok ok, it was lame...I admit it...but, it was there and I had to do it)

On a rare serious note, remember this name and remember I said it first...

...John Currie, Kansas State University A.D.

Carry on!

Count on my vote. Crying at sad movies, chick flicks, I consider myself to be in touch with my feminine side(while #7 took much thought, having hardly any contributors for Title 9 in support of the programs at Tech, so who the heck cares?). I will not protest and gladly use the transgender restrooms, when you construct those on campus as the male ones are being occupied by over 70% of all visitors.

If you have a position of recruiting sleazy women to visit the institute during games to make the stands look like the trash in Athens, Ga., I'm all in for that cabinet spot. $622 a year is fine. I will need the call to arms, protecting me as I clean up Decatur St., The Cheatah, etc.

Since Football was the primary sport, can your V.P. John Currie see to it that we double the budget to get locker rooms that don't look like Tom Selleck built them in the previous century? The better teams in our league have way more devoted to the cause, not including payola dough.

And now, for some candidates I'd love to see us consider...

hqdefault.jpg

The lead singer for Kajagoogoo...we need an AD with that hair.

Georgia+Tech+v+Virginia+Tech+s7OVsGLE7zAl.jpg

Though he smiles too much for my taste, perhaps the best solution is right under our noses. I mean, he's CEO of Tech FB, runs the offense, and apparently has been trying to "fix" special teams for years. So what if he doesn't know the names of "those guys...them...they" on defense. Maybe he fires Roof and runs that side of the ball one day eventually too. Make him AD and then hire this guy as HFBC...

ken-niumatalolo-navy.jpg

Or, how about these guys?...

2-e1436282879729.jpg

Experience with ESPN, TV and football. Plus, they eat a lot, which I admire. Both looking for work nowadays so they have the time. Co-AD's? I'm actually surprised Berman (who always sounds like he's trying to pass a really big turd) isn't dead from a heart attack.

We are losing an idiot. Why not replace him with one more (who will soon be unemployed with a lot of time on his hands too)?...

mike-pence-boring_05.jpg

The obligatory mention that has to be mentioned so we aren't void of the mentioning...

1343369.jpg

Curry must have been one of the 60 applying for the broadcasting position.

I ran an ad. for a nurse, and he applied. Nice man, though!

Georgia Tech doesn't have the balls or brains to pick a woman. Femalephobia is rampant it appears among the Miserable Tech Fanbase. But, if we ever did have the courage and were smart (don't count on it), there is a Tech alum who has a great resume' in collegiate athletics.

That is...

maxresdefault.jpg

Former Lady Jacket and 2013 ACC Legend, Danielle Donehew.

Here's her CV... https://wbca.org/about/our-staff/executive-director

But, forget it. The He Man Woman Haters Club of Tech Old Guard Misery will never consider her.

Isn't this guy still on payroll?

95672963-head-coach-paul-hewitt-of-the-georgia-tech-gettyimages.jpg

(I think I just vomited a little in my mouth posting that pic...sorry)

Hey, why not?...

bobby-georgia-tech.jpg
He could join your cabinet, coming out of retirement or consulting, as "Convincer that Sherman burned down Atlanta, Northeners are smarter with better schools, and speak a different version of the English language".

We do have better weather, unless you are visiting a Tech football game. Too hot, stirs up allergies, people standing and cheering making it warmer(all this told to me by the Miserable Society of the Flats).

Actually, at this point, honestly annual underachievement might be a step up for our overall athletic program that our departing AD has helped run into the grave. And when we think of annual underachievement, one name immediately comes to mind...

7161186.jpeg

Give it to this guy...

Mark_Teixeira_basepaths_2011.jpg

...he loves Tech, has plenty of time on his hands, and has more money than our annual budget. IOW, he can take care of our monetary idiocy and mismanagement by himself. Once he's taken care of that, fire him and bring in the lead singer of Kajagoogoo.

That Paul is on permanent payroll. Like Al Hrabosky is lifetime for the Braves. I think a dollar on each ticket sold is commissioned to them forever.

Darryl Richard is perfect. You need to include Marvin Lewis. He might be the most important current on staff financial mind to retain.

Wouldn't it be great to have an AD named Megatron?

635898892249012080209373244_Calvin-Johnson-HD-Wallpapers-9.png

Imagine negotiating a contract or getting a job performance appraisal from a Transformer.

The most educationally qualified candidate?

dc7o53l40dmwa3qifbs4_400x400.jpeg

Gotta be George P. Burdell. I mean, that dude has a degree in every program at Tech. And Tech normally is a really tough school. I say "normally" with the caveat that Hugh Hardison, Bruce Dalrymple and I are all graduates so there are exceptions.

Anybody seen GPB lately?

burdell-586x293.jpg

Couldn't be less invisible than our departing AD now could he?

Calvin can be your Secretary of Defense. He played here for that brilliant defensive mind of Patrick Nix.
How do you go a whole game not getting him the ball but twice? Those were attempts.

I fully expect - with no hope of getting a nice surprise sprinkled with some divergence from our lack of diverse past history - Tech will once again hire a boring, white male with straight hair who looks, sounds, eats, farts, sharts, craps and smells just like the previous boring, white male to put us all asleep for the next 3 to 5 years while managing a small athletic program with no new ideas.

They all look the same...

2006-01-legends-d3e50ec2.jpeg
vt_braine_dave_01.jpg
446096.jpeg
bobinski_mug.jpg

And, unfortunately, we get the same results.

Came here to see reaction -- did my MS at GT years ago after undergrad at Purdue. Wow, GTJT622 really trashes up your board!

I think we need an AD that has blue eyes and can help with recruiting .

my pick
sweden.jpg

I second that nomination. Makes too much sense for us though.

Is that Dave Braine or Newt Gingrich?

I'll give Newt credit, he is loyal to his party all the way to silliness.

Can we wait until Trump losses to replace the "Nowhere Man"? He might meet all of the qualifications to bee the next GT A.D.:
White
Says stupid things to discredit his own party
Likes to build(Leggo, Wally World like the Waltons, Hot Wheel cars)
Capable of annoying those few allies we have
Has hair, I think
Full of himself
Does have a heart now, even if it's purple
Suits made in China

Unfortunately, a guy running to Purdue has once again (for the 2nd time) screwed up the hiring of the Voice of Jackets. Hopefully, whoever the next AD is will clean house at the GTAA - particularly lazy Communications personnel who have been there for 30+ years. The entire place needs an enema.

Again, I use the word "hopefully" when I say I'd love to see an AD who takes the entire athletic program into account. And by account, take great care and interest in hiring head coaches of sports not named Football or Men's Hoops. Then, hold those head coaches accountable.

AJC write up... http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/georgia-tech-ad-bobinski-leaving-purdue/nsCdL/

The release said that Bobinski will begin at Purdue later in August and that a search committee will be named to find his successor. For the search that produced Bobinski, Peterson convened a search committee that was led by Tech graduate and prominent donor Steve Zelnak.

Let's hope we don't make that same mistake again.

He also oversaw the compilation of a strategic plan for the athletic department, a guiding document with a mission statement and objectives that was completed in June.

LOL!

At Tech, the athletic department continued to make gains in academic performance. In April, four teams were honored for having NCAA-measured academic progress rate scores in the top 10 percent of their respective sports, football, golf, men’s swimming and volleyball. Twelve of the school’s 15 teams posted APR scores that were better or identical than the previous year.

Nice. Glad our athletic performance was not mentioned.

His expertise was basketball. Please remind me, what happened during his tenure to help MBB?

Oh yeah, I forgot the N.I.T.(not in tourney). Thanks!

CJP, will not get out worked. He might succeed even without having Silent Bob's new number.

Last edited:
Came here to see reaction -- did my MS at GT years ago after undergrad at Purdue. Wow, GTJT622 really trashes up your board!
If that is so, he has our blessing to do so!
Wait until you have this guy in West Lafayette for 6 months, should he last that long or be found on campus. Terrible communicator. He was our worst going back to Doug Weaver. Scratch that, apologies to Doug or Coach Dodd. Give him the "Bobbie" prize of my last 50 years observing Tech.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT