ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

Very nice after a slow start. Must say I was not expecting to see our offense create so many great looks! Keep. It. Up!!!

Stephens is struggling. Might be time to give T-Jax some additional time and Q to sit and settle down.

Don't like the way we are draining the clock as deep as we are. I know UVA does that defensively, but we are being too complacent early in the shot clock.

Lammers needs to play more minutes. It is the one advantage we have.

Eddie Martin told me once that of the players he tried to send our way(or did), Malcolm was the one who wanted Sheller Business. When a SA wants to show you what you are missing, watch out!

Stay in the game, it might be their weakness...playing to the level of competition.

This one unravelled in a hurry. With our post season drought, I'm actually looking forward to the NIT game(s). Hopefully we get at least one of them in the ginormous hooter.

Should we come back and win this one in regulation or do you girls prefer we win it in overtime again? Maybe double OT just to mix things up.

Well, at least this clears up my dilemma of which game to pay full attention to Friday night, Beesball at FSU or BasketJackets in DC.

Just looking for rays of sunshine.

Holy crap!! UVA just got called for a moving screen. They've been getting away with that all game long (not to mention tons of contact on their hedges defensively).

Starting to (*cough*) feel really (*cough*) ill now. Going into work around a bunch of Frenchies will be too much to take. Should I call in sick and stay home drinking vodka all day or go in and get them all sick?

Hmmm...

We got them out of a jam liberating them from the Trump zombies back in the 40's. They owe us a few baskets scored in our goal to help out.

19-14. Should be good enough for a decent seed in the NIT MET and host a dangerous mid major in Rd 1.

Other than for Marcus, is there any reason to pay 15$ for a reserved ticket to see this consolation prize?
I believe the other seats are 50$ and 75$ each.

This is a good basketball team. Good enough to win the NIT.

I am angry as hell that it took so long for Brian Gregory to figure out that our PG rotation needed a major overhaul.

I am angry as hell that the program is in a holding pattern around Mt. Hewitt.

I am angry as hell that the big donors won't open their wallets if it doesn't involve something with their name on it.

I am angry, but I love this team. These guys deserve our support!!!

Point spreads for tonight's semifinal FWIW...

UNC -7.5 vs ND (O/U = 156.5)

Virginia -4.5 vs Miami

This is a good basketball team. Good enough to win the NIT.

I am angry as hell that it took so long for Brian Gregory to figure out that our PG rotation needed a major overhaul.

I am angry as hell that the program is in a holding pattern around Mt. Hewitt.

I am angry as hell that the big donors won't open their wallets if it doesn't involve something with their name on it.

I am angry, but I love this team. These guys deserve our support!!!

I agree 100%, but it is not just the big donors.

The small dollar fans are not coming through with ticket sales either, plus the student sections are rarely full.

Different team without Marcus Georges-Hunt. Boy the team went flat when he left the court. They never regained their composure.

In one of the embedded linked articles from a year ago which Bradley wrote, he quotes Bobinski as saying...

“We had figured all that (financial stuff) out. That was not a driver, not a factor, not a decision-maker here.”

In one of the embedded linked articles from a year ago which Bradley wrote, he quotes Bobinski as saying...

“We had figured all that (financial stuff) out. That was not a driver, not a factor, not a decision-maker here.”

I didn't believe him then, I don't believe him now. We will see when he decides to let Gregory go or how he restructures Gregory's contract.

The "small dollar fans" are not going to come out to support the team when basically you have one four year player on the court and Stephens. The rest are basically transfers. Some people will debate how many A C C caliber players we have, because of the infusion of Graduate Transfers we have been taking. We come out to support Tech, the players, the coaches, the arena which is beautiful and basically the A.A.(includes the A.D., in a sense, since we are paying part of his wages). It is losing basketball for five years and more if you count the other regime. 16-15, 19-14 are not "winning seasons" if you factor in the amount of home games, competition and losing conference records for almost the last two decades.

I take issue with a few things Tim Brando said about us last night. Agree that CBG is a nice man. Personally, I compare him favorably and right up there with John Hyder(although I had much more interaction to judge upon with "Whack"). We do not have a "cavalry coming in next season" and I don't see where "he certainly deserves more time". Nice of Tim to say, however might set the program back even further.

If you disagree with my opinions, totally understandable. However I am not alone, witnessed by thousands of empty seats disguised as fans for many games. When you survey some CSC, G T employees, most will tell you that people are very skeptical about our product(unless they smile at you because they have partaken in too much koolaid or stech81's tonic elixir). Fans are not excited, but the metro area is jammed for the H.S. games we have gone to. Like $ EC football, the 5 million plus here and the visitors.

Reactions: Texwood
Today's Bracketology by Joe Lunardi at espn.com has Virginia, UNC and Villanova all as 1-seeds. We went 1-3 against them.

-A.C.C. with 6 in (Syracuse last out)

If it truly does go down this way, this means Syracuse is in the NIT. I think Clemson, Va Tech, Ga Tech and FSU will be in it as well. There are around 11 teams who won their regular season conferences but did not win their conference tournaments and will not get an NCAAT at large bid so they will get an auto bid to the NIT.

5 teams from the A.C.C. in the NIT? We'll see.

As reference, last year the A.C.C. got 6 teams in the NCAAT and 2 teams in the NIT (Pitt and Miami).

Reactions: Texwood
Big Apple Buckets sees it the same way you do, with 5 ACC teams getting in the NIT (and GT as a 3-seed). I'm going to be in NYC on business the last week of March so keeping my fingers crossed that the Good Guys can advance that far!

Pretty sad that we have an A.D. who lies then isn't it?

:mad:
Yes it is sad. because last year was the right time to pull the trigger if he really had the finances worked out. That's the only logical reason for not, unless he's just being nice to Gregory.

The "small dollar fans" are not going to come out to support the team when basically you have one four year player on the court and Stephens. The rest are basically transfers. Some people will debate how many A C C caliber players we have, because of the infusion of Graduate Transfers we have been taking. We come out to support Tech, the players, the coaches, the arena which is beautiful and basically the A.A.(includes the A.D., in a sense, since we are paying part of his wages). It is losing basketball for five years and more if you count the other regime. 16-15, 19-14 are not "winning seasons" if you factor in the amount of home games, competition and losing conference records for almost the last two decades.

I take issue with a few things Tim Brando said about us last night. Agree that CBG is a nice man. Personally, I compare him favorably and right up there with John Hyder(although I had much more interaction to judge upon with "Whack"). We do not have a "cavalry coming in next season" and I don't see where "he certainly deserves more time". Nice of Tim to say, however might set the program back even further.

If you disagree with my opinions, totally understandable. However I am not alone, witnessed by thousands of empty seats disguised as fans for many games. When you survey some CSC, G T employees, most will tell you that people are very skeptical about our product(unless they smile at you because they have partaken in too much koolaid or stech81's tonic elixir). Fans are not excited, but the metro area is jammed for the H.S. games we have gone to. Like $ EC football, the 5 million plus here and the visitors.

No I don't disagree either, but the small dollar fans can help this financial situation if they bought more tickets or if they game more to GTAA. The key is letting them know with these transactions that you are expecting more. GTAA listens more to people who do come than people who don't. Every time I get a call from the ticket office asking me to increase my ticket orders, I let them know this. If more people did, I think we'd be further down this path.

Have been on all sides, giving to AT Fund, then Fund Seating Sections and now game by game. They don't listen to me. Might listen to Taz or Zelnak or ?

Might be listening if the crowds keep getting smaller. This year reminds me so much of the 2010-11 season or the crumbling of Mt. Hewitt. People in the stands were quiet, opponents loud, a few boo birds. Apathy setting in. Then the last few home games, the crowd present was louder.

We shall see, you probably already know what I think is going to happen or must take place. I will be Neal-ing in Church, donating to the basket as the Price of redemption is right!

Frankly I have resigned myself to nothing happening. That was the plan last year for Bobinski to try to get through the Hewitt contract.

FYI - There will be an NIT selection show on ESPNU Sunday evening at 8:30PM EST. I like our chances to get a seed that puts us in the warm and familiar confines of the brimming bosom.

And, once again, a Carolina-based school (and I use that term very loosely in the context of the Cheaters) is in the A.C.C.T. championship game.

FYI - There will be an NIT selection show on ESPNU Sunday evening at 8:30PM EST. I like our chances to get a seed that puts us in the warm and familiar confines of the brimming bosom.

Thanks for the heads up, mate. I recall the year before we went to the national championship game, we played 3 games in the NIT (with Chris Bosh). Of course, I certainly don't think next year will be any kind of repeat of 2004, but some additional tournament type experience (even if a MET) might benefit guys like Q, T-Jax and Lammers...3 guys we are going to rely on heavily next year - perhaps Heath as well.

Assuming 1) UK defeats the Cesspool today and 2) that will knock the Cesspool out of NCAAT consideration, it will be interesting to see if 3) we make the NIT, whether the selection committee brackets us with/near the Cesspool. Lots of potential A.C.C.-SEC matchups with the likes of Clemson, G.T., FSU in the MET.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT