ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Tournament thread

Food for thought today as we observe Robert Carter, Jr. nail 3's to keep Myd. in the game and our arch rival having the lead on the Big Blue 'Cats....

We spent too much time on Julian Royal while Brogdon was verbally committed and waiting, and let our open scholarships stay open. Caleb Swanigan from Purdue, Carter transferring out, Jaylen Brown is all-world at Cal. this season, all would have made a good team way better. Other fine talent left the state or played college ball in Ga.

Now a contact close to Pace Academy tells me W. Carter is not really swayed by what Tech has accomplished at the end of our regular season, second game of tournament. The pundits are not even mentioning him with us either. Even though he might be a one and done and not for immediate help, it speaks towards the pulse of the program.

Oh well, please carry on with the N.I.T. chatter.

Joe Lunardi's latest projections late this afternoon still has 6 A.C.C. teams in. He now only has 3 SEC teams in (UK, A&M, USCe). For a power conference to only get 3 teams in out of 14 (perhaps 13 since Mizzou was ineligible, but they weren't going anyway) speaks volumes as to how crappy the SEC is this year.

A 4 pt lead in this championship game is like a 15 pt lead in most other games. Talk about a close game - and at times very painful to watch.

Will all this contact that ACC officials allow translate into success in the tourney?

Will all this contact that ACC officials allow translate into success in the tourney?

No. And, I think as usual you have hit on a very important point, mate. UVA's success in the A.C.C. has not translated into equivalent success the last 2 years at the NCAAT. And, I doubt it will again this year.

I think UNC is very capable of playing a half court game like this with ridiculous grabbing and tugging allowed or an up-tempo game that they actually favor. This is a good sign if you are a fan of the Cheaters and their chances in the Dance. After the first weekend, the NCAAT games tend to become more half court games.

UVA will probably die around the Sweet 16 when their style isn't allowed...again.

Indirectly, Okie St. does have some fallout effect on whether to replace our coach or not. Reportedly, Travis Ford is being let go for a 12-20 season. He has taken them to the NCAA Tournament 5 out of the past 8 years including this one.

With T. Boone Pickens, Okie State is rolling in money. Very different situation I think. Could be wrong.

No, you are right about the money and expectations. But I think back to 2004, comparing our history with theirs, our monumental final four victory over Eddie Sutton and since....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT