ADVERTISEMENT

2016 G.T. Football(incldg. late previews, incoming freshmen, fall camp, articles, et al.)

FYI...F$U at Tech, replay of 2015 game, on ESPN-U Sunday night, July 31, at 10pmET.

Jackets report to team hotel for preseason Wednesday at 3pm and other stuff from the Macon Telegraph... http://www.macon.com/sports/college/acc/georgia-tech/article93273437.html

ATLANTA

The road to Dublin starts Wednesday when the Georgia Tech football team reports for preseason practice.

Members of the team will show up at 3 p.m. at an area hotel, where the players will spend time getting to know each other, bonding as a group and concentrating on the job of getting the track back on the tracks.

“I think we had an outstanding offseason,” head coach Paul Johnson said. “Our guys have worked really hard. We can’t wait to get started this fall.”

Practice begins Thursday morning at Rose Bowl Field, and the annual Fan Day will be held Saturday.

The last time CPJ sounded Positive before the season was in 2014 , could this be a good sign? He is not one to sugar coat things.

That's awesome for Muns. I recall his recruitment in HS. He turned down a lot of offers to lower conference programs to be at Tech. He bled gold before he even arrived as a student.

Great to see!!

Reactions: BornAJacket
That's awesome for Muns. I recall his recruitment in HS. He turned down a lot of offers to lower conference programs to be at Tech. He bled gold before he even arrived as a student.

Great to see!!
Happy for him. And happy to see your Memory is still good at your age. :)

Speaking of "memories", any idea when that fabulous, long-winded, appropriately detailed for each individual football season in all of its glory, with proper punctuation and being grammatically concise, will be released for our viewing?

Yes, I'm addressing you, Mr. Bud Lightness. The King of our Court...or is it "field" of law? Please be civil.

Great to see!!
This is something that Coach Johnson does more than any college coach I've witnessed. He rewards hard work over talent. Many times players like Muns would get recruited over a few times before they are seniors, or driven from the program like we see from so many SEC schools.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Speaking of "memories", any idea when that fabulous, long-winded, appropriately detailed for each individual football season in all of its glory, with proper punctuation and being grammatically concise, will be released for our viewing?

Yes, I'm addressing you, Mr. Bud Lightness. The King of our Court...or is it "field" of law? Please be civil.
Working on it now.
Here is a Rough draft.
Just win .
Working on cutting it back some too long as it is for now.

Working on it now.
Here is a Rough draft.
Just win .
Working on cutting it back some too long as it is for now.

I will cut you some slack considering it is a rough draft and you admit to needing to cut it back some. I found it wordy and didn't get to the point. Currently a D+ but with some editing and better thought into it, I can see a C- out of this potentially. Please think deeper about what you intend to articulate and then do it in at least half of the bevy of keystrokes you've done so far in the draft. I imagine this draft took several hours to piece together. Think about the reader and how long it takes for him/they to have to read it. Our team needs to be working to right a last season wrong, not taking significant time reading long, wordy letters. In truth, with this rough draft in its current form I'd just expect a tl;dr reception.

I too felt the litany of wordiness and the irony of having to count letters in the subject matter of the text, in case it approached a run-on sentence. Although, pleasing me should be last on the list. I'm just a business major with an eye on what's happenin' on Decatur St.

Remembering an old English teacher, Ms. Fanny King(you know they never get married, with that evil look they have), 'tis better to be short and concise. So I will leave this totally in your judgement, as you have proven yourself to be the maistro with our football coaches.

We need the 2 Morgan twins to really step up to build some depth in the interior of the O-Line. From everything I've read and heard from my various spies, they both are very capable...and ready.

Kendarius Whitehead, not on team:
"We will get these first five days out of the way and probably take two weeks to work on ourselves before we start to focus in on Boston College."
The Jackets entered camp fully healthy but offensive lineman Jake Whitley and senior defensive end Kenderius Whitehead are no longer on the team. Whitley was given a medical hardship while Whitehead left for an undisclosed reason.

Injured junior guard Chris Griffin was a full go on Thursday two years removed from major knee surgery and complications.

"We were in shorts and helmets, but Chris got through practice. Chris is a tough guy and he is trying to push through, but it will be a process for him because he has been out for a while. We will see how he does in a day or two. That will be the big question.

Tech had all 105 players on the camp roster practicing today.

Welcome back, Tech Football. I know it is a 365 (or 366 this Leap Year) day a year thing, but the first practice to me is still a special day.

Great to read Griffin is back. We missed him last year...perhaps badly.

We need the 2 Morgan twins to really step up to build some depth in the interior of the O-Line. From everything I've read and heard from my various spies, they both are very capable...and ready.
I'm hearing good things about them, they should get some playing time this year and will help the starters get a little rest.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT