ADVERTISEMENT

Where are the Dave P apologists?

PTCJacket

Gold Member
Dec 22, 2017
Peachtree City
I’m going to do my best to defend CDP, although I still adamantly believe that play calling is one of the larger offensive weaknesses we have right now.

For a decent portion of today’s game, play calling was improved over the last two games. That may not be saying a whole lot, because it has, indeed, been horrible. Take out Tobias’s fumbles and clearly today’s game is a different story than the one that will now be written.

I was still beside myself on our last drive. 3rd&5, then 4th&2 and we twice elect to run the ball effectively into the teeth of the defense? Are you kidding me? We don’t have the personnel for that. We can’t run up the middle, or off tackle, or run a trap. Our best runs are outside. So when it matters, who thinks the best play we have at our disposal is to run up the gut? MUCH LESS TWICE IN A ROW?! Everyone is entitled to make mistakes, but bad judgment and poor decision making is not acceptable.

Lastly, somewhat unrelated, James Graham is clearly the guy with Tobias next. James just needs to settle down and get some experience. He’s a gamer and he needs to be the “starter”.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News