ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING The Daily 404: September 16th

Russell Johnson

Recruiting Analyst / Managing Editor
Staff
May 19, 2016
To start.. Ala. LB Rodney Groce did not end up making the trip last weekend for the game.

He had a death in the family, and chose not to take the trip. He will be at Mississippi State this weekend, and then Nebraska for an OV the weekend after that.

I would be stunned if he ended up in Mississippi State's class. Nebraska I am not so sure about just yet.

We'll see after the visit, but as of now he also plans on taking visits to Georgia Tech, Tennessee, and Ole Miss as well.

Something to consider with Groce, is the fact that he is both an early signee and an early enrollee.

His recruitment is still very much open, but it also seems like the end is in sight, with the December signing period being just over three months away.

Speaking of visitors from last weekend, I am told after talking to some sources around the recruitment that Georgia Tech seems to be "back in the mix" for class of 2021 four-star RB Cody Brown.

That would be rather big for the Yellow Jackets, especially with Grayson RB Phil Mafah already being committed to Clemson.

Lastly, do not expect any further comment from Tenn. DL Jay Hardy on his visit, other than what his family told me yesterday.

He's not one that likes to do interviews.

Oh, yeah, that live Q&A mentioned earlier today?

It'll take place on Thursday night, from 9pm-10:30pm EST.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News