ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Period(s)for Spring, 2016& Potpouri

Delong as hitting coach? Heard we were going to hire one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
One question for Richard. Will you continue to do WBB as the voice of MBB and Football?

Talk about a task!

Sorry, but I just have to say this...

Brian DavisVerified account‏@BDavisAAS
ESPN PR rep tells me "Longhorn Extra" nightly news show has been cancelled.

OHHHHHHHHHH, HELL NO! What am I going to do with myself now? I sit around and watch this show every night from 11pm to 6am. That's Eastern time, btw.

nail-biting.gif

When you get?

Stay disciplined in the offseason.

I want you to raise your beer intake to 37 Bud Lights per day. And, eat at least 17 burritos per day. Now that you are retired, you have extra time to stay focused on fattening up for the upcoming season, take up an extra 2 or 3 seats at BDS and make the stadium look more full.

Don't you love it when you purchase a season ticket, and the one next to you takes up his seat...half of the other one on his other side....3/4 of your seat? You sit back down and your crotch is on his knee.

That is why you stand until someone tells you to sit. Probably why Stech has 3 season tickets for himself and daughter?

On to another topic....Marta sure is a quiet ride.

Delong as hitting coach? Heard we were going to hire one.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
One question for Richard. Will you continue to do WBB as the voice of MBB and Football?

Talk about a task!

I didn't know I had that decision to make! :)

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Don't you love it when you purchase a season ticket, and the one next to you takes up his seat...half of the other one on his other side....3/4 of your seat? You sit back down and your crotch is on his knee.

That is why you stand until someone tells you to sit. Probably why Stech has 3 season tickets for himself and daughter?

On to another topic....Marta sure is a quiet ride.
I'm a big guy I like the extra room :)

I didn't know I had that decision to make! :)
You better have it, or the rest of us will bee in sufferage. Consider it your public duty to put all of that money from your daylight career aside for us rabid Jackets. It's our dream to have you broadcast as many sports as you can do. This is your time!

In this election year, let us know what we can do to make it happen?

sad news about Willie Clay's son.

We knew his judgment was off when he went to uGA. Now he doesn't even have that. Hope the boy gets his act together and becomes a man one day.

Wing-span potpourri(since two of us had a brief discussion of it yesterday, thanks to JT622 for wisdom), and here it is this morning for confirmation from our H.C. of WBB @ G T:

Z. Cook looking to be in good shape with the upper body. Hopefully, a good sign for her to be playing this forthcoming season.

Bad decision potpourri....
Robert Carter, Jr. goes undrafted. Another bad decision. He sat a year, to play one at Maryland. Didn't exactly blow the scouts away, this past season.

Tech passed on Malik Beasley in recruiting and he goes high. Brogdon went in the mid-30's with a pick.

Z. Cook looking to be in good shape with the upper body. Hopefully, a good sign for her to be playing this forthcoming season.

Agree that is a good sign. Tory will have a huge opportunity to come off the bench and be a significant contributor early in the season in particular before Pugh becomes available. Great to see she is in the weight room working to get in top condition.

Truth is, we really need her to play well as a true frosh.

If the new Atlanta United FC Stadium is delayed in opening, Tech and the Vols need to come up with a contingency plan to open the '17 season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/atlanta-fal...k-at-georgia-georgia-tech-for-preseason-games

Here's the options as I see them...

1. Neyland Stadium - I like this idea of course being a Tech alum and over 85 thousand dollars of my money going to the flagship university in the state of Tennessee for my son to get a quality education. But, I like other options better. Hang with me...

2. Grant Field - I like this idea of course being a Tech alum and the game already scheduled in the city of Atlanta. However, like General Neyland's quarters, it defeats the purpose of a neutral site. Plus, I like other options better. Hang with me...

3. Bristol Motor Speedway - A bit of a drive for Tech people I realize, but with 150 thousand seats available and 125 thousand Vol fans dressed in hunting camouflage and sipping liquids out of mason jars at over $200 a ticket, Tech can draw enough money with a split of the gate which will surpass half of our home games combined. But, I like other options better. Hang with me...

4. Dublin Ireland - I know I know. Tech just went there the season before. And, it is just getting so tired and old with our team having to go overseas yet again. Don't think this is a really good option. Plus, I like other options better. Hang with me...

5. UT-Chattanooga's Finley Stadium - Hey, it is about halfway for each campus. And, Finley Stadium has hosted a bunch of big events over the years. Most namely, the D1AA CFB championships multiple times. The size of the stadium in terms of capacity might be a bit of a problem though. Plus, I like other options better. Hang with me...

6. UNLV's Boyd Stadium - The only legit solution. I'm now hoping Atlanta United FC Stadium will be delayed.

I like #2. Then again that has always been what I am one of the best at. We all have our strengths, and it is how I feel my best afterwards. Heck with the morning hours for concentration purposes.

Also, selfishly, my best chance to see it in person.

Heard about the delays. Sounds like those open and shut steel beams are difficult to hang. Will read your blog later, since this library is limiting me to 30 minutes. Thanks for the options.

It says in the article it will be in the process of demolition. Not an option. Well, so says the article and McKay, CEO of the Atlanta American Football Professional Team.

Seems kind of greedy. Already a professional soccer team has been added. Note sure what else is really needed after that. Well, that assumes Atlanta already has a professional badminton team. If not, then hopefully the Atlanta United FC Stadium will attract one, though they may need more seating.

Those are rising 8th and 9th graders. A little too old. Got any lists for rising 4th and 5th graders by chance?

(j/k)

:D

(seriously, the parent of a local phenom who is now playing for Team USA in Spain and who started out her AAU career in my/our program when she was in 2nd grade - playing on a 5th grade level team - told me not long ago that her daughter started getting offers in the 7th grade...when she of course uses the word "offer" that has to be taken with a grain of salt...all verbal and nothing in writing of course)

Incidentally, following CMJ and her travels to Spain, she had a four hour delay in flight. The good news was knowing she travelled abroad to see those "future Jackets".

Atlanta Swarm Pro Lacrosse needs an Atlanta home. Gwinnett s getting crowded

And yes, Pat Summitt has a difficult disease. Typically once the mind starts loosing its ability to access memories, life becomes much harder. Given the recent news that many former players are visiting her, a recent sudden change must have occurred with the condition.

July 1 is a big day for a lot of collegiate athletic departments considering it is the 1st day for the next school year. It is often the day you see a lot of department's official websites change their format or provider (such as Side Arm Sports, CBSi, etc.). If you didn't know any better, you'd believe ramblinwreck.com is going to change because they are doing absolutely nothing with that website in terms of updating it. Then, I stop and remember the constant incompetence at the GTAA and particularly the communications department, and then I realize it is likely just laziness...as usual.

It is of course good to know at the bottom of rr.com's scrolling twitters that the Softbees game against NC State is soon to start. o_O

Sad to hear that legendary coach Pat Summitt has passed. I know Tennessee is sad, she set up a dynasty and coached many fine players over the years. College basketball will miss her.

Last edited:
Thanks to Richard for the update:
Class of 2017

Jake Brace RHP R-R 5-11 170 Suwanee, GA (North Gwinnett)
Hugh Chapman RHP R-R 6-2 180 Smyrna, GA (Holy Innocents)
Michael Guldberg SS R-R 6-0 170 Marietta, GA (Walton)
Colin Hall OF L-R 5-11 175 Alpharetta, GA (Wesleyan)
Brant Hurter LHP L-L 6-6 230 Canton, GA (Woodstock)
Kale Ledford 3B R-R 6-0 175 Oxford, GA (George Walton Academy)
Joseph Mannelly 1B L-L 6-3 215 Atlanta, GA (Marist)
Chase Patrick RHP R-R 5-11 160 Ellaville, GA (Schley County)
Jason Rooks OF R-R 6-3 205 Marietta, GA (Walton)
Oscar Serratos SS R-R 6-2 180 Lawrenceville, GA (Grayson)
Crews Taylor SS L-R 6-1 170 Lawrenceville, GA (Archer)
Jamie Taylor C R-R 6-1 200 Johns Creek, GA (Marist)
Cameron Turley C R-R 6-4 195 Dacula, GA (Mill Creek)
Luke Waddell SS L-R 5-6 160 Loveland, OH (Loveland)

Class of 2018 [IMG]

Kendall Simmons SS R-R 6-2 185 Macon, GA (Tatnall Square)

More Potpourri...

...kudos to the ACC for awarding the '15-'16 Sportsmanship Award to UVA Field Hockey goalkeeper Rebecca Holden. In overtime of the ACC Tournament semifinal game against Syracuse, during live action, she came out of goal to protect an injured Orange player lying on the ground in front of the goal allowing the Syracuse team to score the winning goal in the process.

Capture.0.0.JPG

Here's a story about it FWIW...

I know some may say Syracuse should have been denied the goal or perhaps even shown some sportsmanship themselves of either not scoring (a lot to ask when live action is going on) or ask for the winning goal to be removed considering the situation, but regardless, it does these eyes good to see competitors like this being selfless and showing compassion for the opponent...especially as she points out in the video, at a dangerous moment.

True sportsmanship. Proving that winning is not as important as life.
Thanks for submitting this, because these eyes would have never known.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT