UGA - 2-1
VPI - 2-1
UVA 2-1 (will have new QB)
Clemson 1-2 (will likely have new QB)
Miami - 1-2 (may have new QB)
Dook 1-2
Pitt 1-2 (will have new QB)
UNC 0-3 (will likely have new QB)

Next year we can even up all those except UNC. Assuming we lose to UGA and VPI and beat Miami, Clemson, Pitt, Dook, UNC and UVA, We end up .500 or better against all those except UNC over the past 4 years. That result would get us to .500 ball against those 8 annual opponents. Our records would be:

UVA 3-1
UGA 2-2
VPI 2-2
Clemson 2-2
Miami 2-2
Dook 2-2
Pitt 2-2
UNC 1-3

To do this would require we have a 6-2 record in the ACC, and likely an 8-4/9-3 overall record. Doable.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Please put these thoughts in the potpourri, we have enough threads to navigate. Fairly certain everyone reads that thread.

Thanks!

Sure. Tell me where Potpourri is and I will try. I don't see it. Sorry.

Against our main rivals are:
UGA - 2-1
VPI - 2-1
UVA 2-1 (will have new QB)
Clemson 1-2 (will likely have new QB)
Miami - 1-2 (may have new QB)
Dook 1-2
Pitt 1-2 (will have new QB)
UNC 0-3 (will likely have new QB)

Next year we can even up all those except UNC. Assuming we lose to UGA and VPI and beat Miami, Clemson, Pitt, Dook, UNC and UVA, We end up .500 or better against all those except UNC over the past 4 years. That result would get us to .500 ball against those 8 annual opponents. Our records would be:

UVA 3-1
UGA 2-2
VPI 2-2
Clemson 2-2
Miami 2-2
Dook 2-2
Pitt 2-2
UNC 1-3

To do this would require we have a 6-2 record in the ACC, and likely an 8-4/9-5 overall record. Doable.

Thoughts?
With the players coming back ( if we don't get anyone hurt 9-3 )

OK, what do you request go in that thread? Rather than a new thread?
If this doesn't answer your question, go ahead and start all the separate threads that you desire...

potpourri (ˌpəʊˈpʊərɪ)
n, pl -ris
2. a collection of unrelated or disparate items; miscellany

Do you not want people starting threads here? The potpourri thread is fine, just trying to understand what you want.

If we have a GT game to place it under, that is cool. If we have info. on a recruit, we put it inclusive towards a recruiting thread. If it's not our team playing, we stick it in the prediction contest. So on and so forth....

If you look through the potpourri threads(only two this year, spring and fall-usually throw any signings that don't fall under GT Football/Basketball recruiting in it too), you will see what items we post in there. If they want to comment after your post they can. We don't have many people on here, I was only trying to condense or organize things since we can't delete. I started one thread the other day, I wish I put under potpourri where it could have been deleted as a post.

No big deal if it is too confusing.

I put the Marcus Marshall transfer in potpourri and later a thread was started separately, which is fine because we turned out to have several comments and more player talk added.

If we have a GT game to place it under, that is cool. If we have info. on a recruit, we put it inclusive towards a recruiting thread. If it's not our team playing, we stick it in the prediction contest. So on and so forth....

If you look through the potpourri threads(only two this year, spring and fall-usually throw any signings that don't fall under GT Football/Basketball recruiting in it too), you will see what items we post in there. If they want to comment after your post they can. We don't have many people on here, I was only trying to condense or organize things since we can't delete. I started one thread the other day, I wish I put under potpourri where it could have been deleted as a post.

No big deal if it is too confusing.

I put the Marcus Marshall transfer in potpourri and later a thread was started separately, which is fine because we turned out to have several comments and more player talk added.

Cool, just different from other boards I've been part of over the years. Thank for the explanation. All you really had to say was, "Use the potpourri, knuckhead!" so I appreciate the reasoning behind it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT