ADVERTISEMENT

Early Signing Period, Nov. 9-16, 2016 & Potpouri '16-'17

Finally something to separate my dilemma of guilt on whether to attend GT football or Ga. St.(love those cavernous domes with open space)games....

Hmmm...wonder what the definition of "academics" is. Pretty sure the football players at Alabama are all now going to be getting 4.0 GPA's in their Leisure Studies and Recreation degree programs.

Of course, at least maybe they'll go to class to get those 4.0's. At Chapel Hell under John Swofford, the Cheaters athletes didn't even have to do that.

BTW, if anyone still cares about the election...
please google, "Fire James Comey". It only took a minute to register and naturally I had to insert a few comments, which were optional.

I care deeply about the election. Just keeping my comments to myself.

Trying to find whatever humor I can in this sad state of affairs. Will be VERY glad when it is over in 8-9 days.

I care deeply about the election. Just keeping my comments to myself.

Trying to find whatever humor I can in this sad state of affairs. Will be VERY glad when it is over in 8-9 days.
I doubt this election cycle will pass without some lengthy recounts.

Note to self...

tumblr_mj1vvzXokC1rm49iao1_400.gif

I've read more than once today in different web articles references to the Cesspool and Kirby Smart's first year as a "rebuilding" or "rebuilding job". Funny how the narrative has now moved to the word "rebuilding".

I mean, you are dealt a roster full of 4-star recruits and a sprinkling of 5-stars. You inherited a team who won 10 games a season ago. They make it sound like the Scumbags went 3-9 last year or have been in the crapper the last 5 years. Rebuilding? Rebuilding what? More like taking a consistently good winning percentage to now perhaps finishing with a season that may set a new standard for underachievement (as well as breaking a postseason appearance streak...TBD).

LOL!

NEXT YEAR is the "rebuild" thanks to this year. This year is not (a rebuild) however they want to explain it away.

I've read more than once today in different web articles references to the Cesspool and Kirby Smart's first year as a "rebuilding" or "rebuilding job". Funny how the narrative has now moved to the word "rebuilding".

I mean, you are dealt a roster full of 4-star recruits and a sprinkling of 5-stars. You inherited a team who won 10 games a season ago. They make it sound like the Scumbags went 3-9 last year or have been in the crapper the last 5 years. Rebuilding? Rebuilding what? More like taking a consistently good winning percentage to now perhaps finishing with a season that may set a new standard for underachievement (as well as breaking a postseason appearance streak...TBD).

LOL!

NEXT YEAR is the "rebuild" thanks to this year. This year is not (a rebuild) however they want to explain it away.
Top 10 signing class the last 10 years. And they think they are rebuilding , they have no idea what real rebuilding is for others .

Top 10 signing class the last 10 years. And they think they are rebuilding , they have no idea what real rebuilding is for others .

If our funky offense can put up more than 7 pts this year, we might just win again at Fred Sanford Toilet Bowl. If we could have just scored another TD last year, we'd be looking at a good chance for a 3-game win streak. Ugh.

Enjoy their misery (Go Cats!)... https://www.dawgnation.com/football/georgias-on-the-verge-of-some-very-unwanted-numbers

Then there’s the offense.

Georgia has 186 points this season, an average of 23.25 per game. The school record for the least points-per-game in a 12-game season is 25.2, during a 13-game season in 2006. (Last year Georgia averaged 26.3 points, which was its lowest total since 2006.)

For as much as last year’s offense was a struggle, Georgia is on pace this year to have less total yards. It has 2,984 through eight games, needing 1,920 over the final four or five games to equal last year – which was the team’s lowest yardage total since 2009.

First Accessible Golf Car for Kids to Benefit Staten Island Family

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2016/11/prweb13818387.htm

The Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation (CSF) has partnered with E-Z-GO®, an operating division of Textron Inc., to produce handicap-accessible golf cars designed for children and adults with physical disabilities. Utilizing technology developed by engineering students at Georgia Tech and made possible by a CSF grant, these vehicles will allow children with paralysis to easily maneuver a golf course in comfort with plenty of room to swing a club.

E-Z-GO golf cars are designed and manufactured by Textron Specialized Vehicles Inc., a Textron Inc. (NYSE: TXT) company. CSF’s work to help create the golf car was borne from its work with the family of legendary golfer Bobby Jones, who struggled with mobility issues due to syringomyelia.

“I’m so thankful to Georgia Tech, E-Z-GO and the Jones family for partnering with us on this project to improve the lives of children, and to give them the opportunity to enjoy the sport of golf with their friends and family,” said Dorothy Poppe, CSF Executive Director.

This week, Jackets in NFL potpourri:
Jeremiah Attaochu, Chargers, OLB: No tackles in a 43-35 win over the Titans.
Morgan Burnett, Packers, safety: Six tackles in a 31-26 loss to the Colts.
Adam Gotsis, Broncos, DT: One tackle in a 30-20 loss to the Raiders.
Michael Johnson, Bengals, DE/OLB: Team was off last week.
Shaq Mason, Patriots, OL: Team was off last week.
Daryl Smith, Bucs, LB: Six tackles in a 43-28 loss to the Falcons.
Demaryius Thomas, Broncos, WR: Five receptions for 56 yards in a 30-20 loss to the Raiders.
Darren Waller, Ravens, TE: Two catches for 17 yards in a 21-14 win over the Steelers.
Philip Wheeler, Falcons, LB: One tackle in 43-28 win over the Buccaneers.
D.J. White, Chiefs, CB: No tackles in a 19-14 win over the Jaguars. He is out injured.

This week, Jackets in NFL potpourri:
Jeremiah Attaochu, Chargers, OLB: No tackles in a 43-35 win over the Titans.
Morgan Burnett, Packers, safety: Six tackles in a 31-26 loss to the Colts.
Adam Gotsis, Broncos, DT: One tackle in a 30-20 loss to the Raiders.
Michael Johnson, Bengals, DE/OLB: Team was off last week.
Shaq Mason, Patriots, OL: Team was off last week.
Daryl Smith, Bucs, LB: Six tackles in a 43-28 loss to the Falcons.
Demaryius Thomas, Broncos, WR: Five receptions for 56 yards in a 30-20 loss to the Raiders.
Darren Waller, Ravens, TE: Two catches for 17 yards in a 21-14 win over the Steelers.
Philip Wheeler, Falcons, LB: One tackle in 43-28 win over the Buccaneers.
D.J. White, Chiefs, CB: No tackles in a 19-14 win over the Jaguars. He is out injured.
Waller got a TD last night. He's becoming a good TE for the Ravens

--------------------------------------------

Unrelated:
Volleybees split this past weekend. Losing on Sunday in a conference game to a nationally ranked #8 squad.

Did anyone notice Brian Gregory sitting directly adjacent to the Mich. St. bench the other night(believe it was the State Farm Classic), as the players came off the court during a timeout you could see him counseling a few of them?

I guess the next Izzo opening goes to him, if the contract allows him to work without forfeit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT