ADVERTISEMENT

Hope some old buddies drop by to say hi

It's not football, but it's during football season....

What do you gents. think of our early MBB verbal? How about the six official visits happening between late Aug. & the end of this month?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/video-wat...igh-school-highlights/P959xP4HcwI0uy9UvjfDVP/

(6)Nas. Little, Matthias Tass(GT or St. Mary's), Michael Devoe, Manny Bates, Xavier Johnson, Landers Nolley.

Walk-on's, 2017-18:
Malachi Rice, PG, 5'10" -Jon Brown, PG/2G 6'7" -Evan Jester, SF 6'7" -Avi Schafer, C 6'11".

Last edited:
Reactions: Texwood
Our MBB verbal from Texas has as pure of a stroke as you will ever find in a guy six nine. When CJP directed his staff to find kids who can shoot the basketball, I think he meant it.

As for the upcoming visits, fingers crossed!! Great to see GT MBB in the running for those type of recruits again!!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I like the Walk-on guys for this season(what say you Four?). If GTJT622 has any athletic eligibility, we could have a 5 man squad. At least for good practices and you never know who breaks through with some real nice playing time. 622 might be coaching AAU ball again, which is cool too!

Since we have this extended football break prior to Sept. 23 & 30, with another one happening right after those two during Oct. 7 week....Where do you prognosticate MBB finishing in the ACC? I think top 10, maybe 7 or 8 with a few breaks. Possibly 20 wins again. Right on the NCAA bubble for either direction. Tadric Jackson is a key piece for more improvement. Wish he was 6'5", then again-I want to be wealthy and try that lifestyle.

GTWBB is going to hover around 6th place, but watch out next year and future seasons. Recruiting is busting upwards. The Italian big is going to surprise several who have not seen her play. The Detroit guard Fletcher, will be special on the Flats!

I like the Walk-on guys for this season(what say you Four?). If GTJT622 has any athletic eligibility, we could have a 5 man squad. At least for good practices and you never know who breaks through with some real nice playing time. 622 might be coaching AAU ball again, which is cool too!

Since we have this extended football break prior to Sept. 23 & 30, with another one happening right after those two during Oct. 7 week....Where do you prognosticate MBB finishing in the ACC? I think top 10, maybe 7 or 8 with a few breaks. Possibly 20 wins again. Right on the NCAA bubble for either direction. Tadric Jackson is a key piece for more improvement. Wish he was 6'5", then again-I want to be wealthy and try that lifestyle.

GTWBB is going to hover around 6th place, but watch out next year and future seasons. Recruiting is busting upwards. The Italian big is going to surprise several who have not seen her play. The Detroit guard Fletcher, will be special on the Flats!
I'm 270 so I can play on the OL . Not sure what my speed is in the 40 ,have not been able to do it without rest twice. But can drink 12 beers .

Casma is 5'10" and 240, listed. You are taller buddy, and hide that extra 30 lbs. mighty well. I want you on my side if a game breaks out!

Played in a touch football game recently against old buddies from H.S.
A close friend who is an Attorney now was racing down the field as it started raining hard, with the ball. I tracked him down and could only touch him with two hands up high. Yep, he fell face first in the mud-I flopped over him keeping my balance. He was mad, not sure if our friendship will endure the memory, even though I offered laundry money or to wash that muck of a Jerry Springer show mess.

Casma is 5'10" and 240, listed. You are taller buddy, and hide that extra 30 lbs. mighty well. I want you on my side if a game breaks out!

Played in a touch football game recently against old buddies from H.S.
A close friend who is an Attorney now was racing down the field as it started raining hard, with the ball. I tracked him down and could only touch him with two hands up high. Yep, he fell face first in the mud-I flopped over him keeping my balance. He was mad, not sure if our friendship will endure the memory, even though I offered laundry money or to wash that muck of a Jerry Springer show mess.
Get a dog they make better friends

I'm 270 so I can play on the OL . Not sure what my speed is in the 40 ,have not been able to do it without rest twice. But can drink 12 beers .

I'm only 250 so not a candidate for the OL, but I have confidence in my 12 beer 40-time. You wanna make this interesting stech81?

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I'm only 250 so not a candidate for the OL, but I have confidence in my 12 beer 40-time. You wanna make this interesting stech81?
12 beers in a little over 2 1/2 hours could have done better but had to pee 3 times. :) I'll pass on the 40 unless you want to time us walking. And at 250 you would make a good DE.

Yes, BAJ! CJP and staff have spent many a moon watching & recruiting Nas Little. He is a take even if they use the 3 schollies before he decides. I'm confident we will have a four or even a five man class after our spring period of '18 ends.

Unless attrition occurs, 2019 is going to be very small!!

Malachi Carter
WR
Verbal #15

Per Rivals:
RR: 5.5
Mountain View
Lawrenceville, GA
6'3" 180 lbs Class of 2018
VERBAL COMMIT - GEORGIA TECH

Last edited:
Ga. Tech 7.5 point fav. over Pitt.

About right?
Pitt. looked overwhelmed with Penn. St. & Okie St.
---------------------------------------------------------
UNCheat @ GT, Noon, ESPN2
Sept. 30

Last edited:
Yes, BAJ! CJP and staff have spent many a moon watching & recruiting Nas Little. He is a take even if they use the 3 schollies before he decides. I'm confident we will have a four or even a five man class after our spring period of '18 ends.

Unless attrition occurs, 2019 is going to be very small!!
it is hard to predict, but Tech does have some attrition from time to time.

it is hard to predict, but Tech does have some attrition from time to time.
Right now, we have only one to give for 2019. Attrition is our trademark, as you already know.

I was mainly pointing out Nas. Little in Orlando as our five-star, automatic take!
Look who is lurking:

Pressley Harvin, P, is questionable with a lower body injury.
Shawn Davis was an all-state punter at Union Grove High.

The injury report three players as out, linebacker David Curry (lower body) and offensive linemen Andrew Marshall (lower body) and Brad Morgan (upper body). Defensive tackle Kyle Cerge-Henderson (lower body) is probable and is expected to play.

I have access to two more tickets for the Pitt. game tomorrow, if any of you gents. can make it?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walked down to the Sonesta Hotel here in Duluth. No, I was sober and not sleepwalking. A little exercise. Ran into the Missy St. Dogs in the lobby, corridor, outside the meeting rooms and walking through plays in the parking lots. They had four large coach busses and Ga. State Patrol cars(ran into the Officers, also). Some big boys, who have not been skipping any meals. The players, not the Doughnut crew.

Go Good Dogs in Athens, whip those Bad Dwogs/Dawgs/Dwags!

Last edited:
Defense shut Pitt. out in 2nd half!
I prefer the attacking style, especially when we find a way to put some pressure on the passer. It definitely helps our secondary.

Might have gotten a break not playing UCF, as they annihilated Myd. today.

Plenty of visits on GTSwarm, placed under 2018, 2019, 2020 potential recruits.

In hoops, Ga. Tech got an ESPN top 60 recruit(highest ranked since Tadric Jackson), in Mike Devoe out of the Orlando area. The verbal commit had narrowed it down to Tech, WF, USC. He should be a 6'4" PG. He stated that CJP had watched him play more than any other coach. Fingers crossed on the big man Tass, down to Ga. Tech & St. Mary's.

Last edited:
Lee missed a few blocks, had a penalty or two, survived an injury. Overall, the line did a good job helping to control the clock and rack up over 400 yards running the ball...

....back to basketball....
hope Nas. Little is not involved in this FBI scandal with those four coaches(not only potentially broke rules, but it has been speculated through arrests, laws, apparently?)and on our local front with recruiting a true center-

....back to basketball....
hope Nas. Little is not involved in this FBI scandal with those four coaches(not only potentially broke rules, but it has been speculated through arrests, laws, apparently?)and on our local front with recruiting a true center-
Louisville has fired its AD and head basketball coach. HUGE story. this wil be ongoing for months and may need a thread of its own.

Pittino asked for it, and the A.D. Tom Jurich, knew about the Hookers(probably other issues too)because the Probation made it evident.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Inside the new lobby, locker room area, etc. w/Ken S.-
http://www.myajc.com/sports/college...ch-new-football-lobby/Mt1BZeBx5yFMhttimEOXLK/

Spoke to Frances Cabral, former G.T. football player who now lives out West(during a halftime water break). He said the Athletic Dept. is now totally self-supporting. Obviously, the A.T. Fund is under their guise. What he was getting at, was no help from the academic side. Naturally, the athletic accomplishments bring students in and garner interest in the Institute.

Last edited:
2018 UNC-GT game visits:
Jordan W. Young
James Patrick Daniels
Quez Jackson
Austin Smith
Parker Devine
Jaylon King
Charlie Thomas
Mike Maye
Justice Dingle
Juanyeh Thomas