ADVERTISEMENT

Hope some old buddies drop by to say hi

Hey buddy, hope you and the guys are well!
May your son have another great season at Berry. Hope they have an awesome one, like Tech.

I'm at the 10 win prediction mark this time. They aren't counting on the new players, which is a good sign.

Working a new job. My boy is in special care. Hey, I did 19 years by myself for him.

Peace and love "bee" with you all,
Buzzforlife baby.

Reactions: SPRITE6
Hey buddy, hope you and the guys are well!
May your son have another great season at Berry. Hope they have an awesome one, like Tech.

I'm at the 10 win prediction mark this time. They aren't counting on the new players, which is a good sign.

Working a new job. My boy is in special care. Hey, I did 19 years by myself for him.

Peace and love "bee" with you all,
Buzzforlife baby.

awesome to hear. I am glad he's getting some additional help.

I am excited about the Tech defense this year. I think they can be much better and with that we will see additional wins. 10 would be great, but over the years I have learned (or taught the hard way) not to be overly optimistic.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
The curses of being a Tech fan....expect the worst, because it will happen way more times than not!

Saddened to hear of Frank Broyles' passing. My step-father will be greeting him over in the golden zone of Heaven. He told me many, many stories of Coaches Dodd, Ray Graves, and Frank Broyles.

yes, sad news it was. But not unexpected, he was 92.

Only thing he ever did wrong was help Vince Dooley get the job in Athens...

Yes sir, on T'Quon-fairly good authority. Matt might be feeling a little more with that previous injury or something new? He could be in the Byerly role for now?

Are they keeping the roof on the new place open or closed? Depends on weather or already determined to keep it shut?

Kirvonte is starting at BBack.

Good to see your post, Mr. Texwood!

Last edited:
Reactions: Texwood
Near 100% certain roof will be closed for all events in the next few weeks.

BFL, as usual your sources were spot-on regarding TaQuon. What are you hearing about Brenton King? Is that groin pull something that could keep him off the field for an extended period? After what we saw tonight, we badly need help there.

Tex.- I believe Bennett Barton is next up. Not sure if Shea Underwood is still backing up Harvin at Punter or doing one or both. When I asked about Brenton King last week, he wasn't healthy enough to PK(groin pull? I tried to inquire how long, but no definite answer on that).

Man, I was disappointed with Shawn on the leg strength for kickoffs and not getting the ball high enough on that last FG. My son has been back with me for the last couple weeks and I told him before the kick not to damage our suite, because the FG will be off again. I even warned about Butch using both timeouts to ice him. Thought we should have called him over to the sideline, like when Ross told Friedgen to tell a joke to Sisson.

Thought I had us two tickets in the Club Level, but fell through. Didn't go out because the other choice(friend works for Aspire)was the upper 300's. Wonder how our buddy Stech81 liked the view?

When is the Ga. Dome imploding, Mr. BuzzFan?
Recently, I was hearing after the new MBS opened. Last year, they were saying an 80% chance of going away. Makes no sense to keep it up, right?

Not a Tech inside source, but a regular Tech fan just e-mailed me: King may or may not kick-off, but FG's are his to try. Take that opinion for whatever value it has.

Sounds good to me, if he's kicking the next 3 days without pain in the groin. Speaking of such a pain, I knew Big Balls Paul was going for two-although against it prior to the call. I must be getting too conservative, like T-rump. Watching the replay on the outside option....Benson could have walked in the end zone with a pitch, lateral or pass...Ricky Juene had the DB sealed to the inside, only one other Vol in the vicinity, but could not have beaten Kirvonte to the corner/pylon.

go look at the replay of the last FG, his plant foot slipped. There was a lot of slips on that field. He hit the all too high and the trajectory was too low. He should have tried a practice kick when he had the chance.....

BFL, thanks for the updates on the kicking situation. Also, thanks for confirming the rumor mill chatter about TaQuon a week ago. My sources are pretty reliable, but yours are definitely better Rock Horns

I miss this board - maybe we can try to restart it during the 2017 football season?

CPJ is letting King and Davis fight it out the next few days per AJC.

Did you gents see that Volunteer dinner plate labeled 121 on their sideline last night? Tech folks call it a trash can!

For my tabulation of visits(Buzzbomb)from yesterday:
https://gtswarm.com/threads/2018-general-discussion-q-a-thread.11806/page-17

KCH said on Twitter he is fine. Reportedly off crutches.
Clinton Lynch should be ready to go vs. JSU.

Great idea, Mr. Texwood! Sure do miss ST81, JT in addition to you men in this thread!!

Posting our GTWBB on the Hive where most interest is. Mr. Musterer sent me a PM on Kira Lewis, correcting me in July that he is a MBB recruit(which I verified as a GTMBB one, instead of a GTWBB)-nobody else even noticed. Kind of pitiful. Me that is!

If you want to review some of the Spring visitors, who are now commits for '18(Dec. signing period):
https://gtswarm.com/threads/spring-game-visits-planned.12026/

Regarding the kicking competition this week, CPJ also said that Davis made every kick in practice today - go figure. From what I hear, Brenton has been hampered by the groin injury for most of the fall camp, and it's just a matter of time before he assumes the starting role a full-ride kicker should.

This is third person news on Brenton King, to me. Told he could have kicked Monday if he would have been able to practice more last week. Same source is saying it is his job to lose this week.

After reading Mr. Texwood, he and his source look spot on. It could get interesting this week with Davis kicking on familiar home grass and the news of today. Thanks for sharing, Brother!

Goes to reason that all things equal, the scholarship kicker wins the job. Especially CPJ wanting to refrain putting another kicker on/in the 85. I'm still worried about Davis with leg strength on kickoffs, FG's over 40. Didn't mean to be critical after the game of him, since I tooted his horn on here even before he walked-on. Heck of a HS toe meets leather guy. Punting, too!

If I were a betting man......wait I am a betting man, so I lay down a big wager that Bailey picks up schollys each of his last two seasons on the flats. It's great to see legacies like Bailey, Kyle, Bruce, Tre and T.D. in the program!

Tex.- I believe Bennett Barton is next up. Not sure if Shea Underwood is still backing up Harvin at Punter or doing one or both. When I asked about Brenton King last week, he wasn't healthy enough to PK(groin pull? I tried to inquire how long, but no definite answer on that).

Man, I was disappointed with Shawn on the leg strength for kickoffs and not getting the ball high enough on that last FG. My son has been back with me for the last couple weeks and I told him before the kick not to damage our suite, because the FG will be off again. I even warned about Butch using both timeouts to ice him. Thought we should have called him over to the sideline, like when Ross told Friedgen to tell a joke to Sisson.

Thought I had us two tickets in the Club Level, but fell through. Didn't go out because the other choice(friend works for Aspire)was the upper 300's. Wonder how our buddy Stech81 liked the view?
I was in section 314 row 1 view was ok a little to high . Getting out was the problem I would rather play in BDS . Hope all of you are doing fine. And even though y'all did not know TM would have been my 3th pick to start. But I was so wrong ( first time :) )
BornAJacket someone asked about the kicker from Berry last year , where is he now ? I remember you saying something about him.

Updated all the known game visitors from Saturday on GTSwarm under individual names, 2018 & 2019 potential recruits.

Great to have Stech81 back over here for his expertise and wild sense of humor!

Nice to see Shawn Davis kick like he does in practice and show leg strength on kickoffs. Did you guys notice #12 Bruce Jordan-Swilling mixing it up on kick coverage? Lots of true freshmen out there, but he and TD Roof are going to break through. Like Mr. Texwood stated, great to see the offspring in the White & Gold. Mr. Swilling was shaking hands with many of the current players as they got off the bus, making their way down YJA before going into the dressing room.

KCH will return for the next game.

11th straight home opening win for the Jackets!

Last edited:
Obie Brannon is not on the Berry roster.....
http://www.berryvikings.com/sports/fball/2017-18/roster
.....awaiting BAJ, & possibly an update on his son?

Thank you.
Obie is definitely not at Berry, but I can't find him in the GT directory either. My son is trying to contact him, but hasn't been able to reach him.

Berry is 2-0. My son is seeing the field more on special teams. Starter on punts, back-up on place kicks. First 2 games have en tight scores and they haven't gone much past the 2 deep.

Thanks for the updates, BAJ!
Great to hear about your Viking getting on the field! Please tell him how proud we are of his accomplishments and patience. You have to be glowing.

Appreciate the digging on Obie...I also researched the Tech Directory and on the GTAA side. Asked around, back when most PW-on's reported. Realize he's a transfer, though. Would have been a good time to compete.

Shawn Davis did show some added leg strength this week. He calmed down, other than pushing that extra point, when the left side let a bandit in. Brenton King has missed most of fall practices. Who knows if the groin and hamstring pulls heal totally during this season?

Obie is definitely not at Berry, but I can't find him in the GT directory either. My son is trying to contact him, but hasn't been able to reach him.

Berry is 2-0. My son is seeing the field more on special teams. Starter on punts, back-up on place kicks. First 2 games have en tight scores and they haven't gone much past the 2 deep.
Happy for you and your son

One of the main reasons we lost the Tenn. game, was because of no letter to CPJ from Stech81. Let's not lose another, never too late to type with the middle finger good buddy!

Second reason is GTJT and the curse he put us under with FCDHall; #2a is where or where is he from the Blue Ridge mountains of Va. to the shores of the Atlantic Ocean or depths of the Potomac River on his raft? Did Bernie Sanders swoop down and hijack him to West Va. for a Town Hall meeting, leaving him there? Forget the G.T. Defense, watch out for those carnivores posing as Hillbillies-good ole pal of ours!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pitt. @ Ga. Tech on Saturday, Sept. 23:
12:20 p.m.
ACC Network-Raycom
Ch. 69 in Atl.

Last edited:
G.T. @U.C.F. game is cancelled, will not be made up this season.

With Ricky Jeune, Anthony Messick graduating-I'm hearing we can take both Malachi Carter & Jalen Jordan at WR. Their both expected to commit soon, as per a source. Carter is a CTR recruit, very underrated in Gwinnett although 1st team all-region. Second team all-state and G.C. WR of the year, last season.

Last edited:
Beautiful. Spacing was magnificent. Concise, congruent, thanks for using a noun. The fact that you inserted rest and practice, back to back, would make any coach proud(even Big Bee O'Leary).

One of the curses is over. Now in the case of the other gentleman in his "defense," we are going to have to put an APB out on him in one of the Virginia's. All Points Buzz-y!

In the good name of Buddha....where are ye? Beam me up _ _ _ _ _ _?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT