ADVERTISEMENT

GT@VPI&SU...Nov 12...3:30 on ESPN-U

Really happy to see the Austin twins both have great games. CTR had them in a lot of man coverage today and they came through for their coach. We all know it has been a bit of a rough season for those two, so it's great to see them have breakout performances today!!

Great game happy to see us get number 6 now we just need to go out there and finish the last two games.

The vast majority of our offensive plays went between the tackles in this game, and our offensive line took it to their D-line today. It was physical - and it was nasty to watch at times. Virginia Tech's front four will feel this game when they wake up tomorrow morning. Even after Bud Foster made the adjustment to tighten the box, we were still able to get a push and eek out yardage between the tackles. That my friends, was an impressive performance from our offensive line. The fact that three of those badasses are true freshmen kinda blows my mind.

The vast majority of our offensive plays went between the tackles in this game, and our offensive line took it to their D-line today. It was physical - and it was nasty to watch at times. Virginia Tech's front four will feel this game when they wake up tomorrow morning. Even after Bud Foster made the adjustment to tighten the box, we were still able to get a push and eek out yardage between the tackles. That my friends, was an impressive performance from our offensive line. The fact that three of those badasses are true freshmen kinda blows my mind.
They were keying the pulling guard ML and and going his way . CPJ saw it and pulled the guard and run to the side that the guard pulled from.

Whenever you have that much success while running a tiny portion of the playbook, that means coach exploited stuff that the opposing coach didn't have his kids prepared for. In this game, Paul Johnson thoroughly out-coached Bud Foster.

Texwood this is from the AJC

Paul Johnson did a really great job tonight. He was one step ahead of me. We were always trying to get our front moving;he was always trying to counter that. ( Bud Foster)

I looked at the game again tonight and CPJ was running the dive in the B-gap opposite of the A-back motion to great effect. The trap that busted MM was a work of art. X's and O's are good and all, but if you don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's up front to execute, it's all for naught. My game ball goes to the O-line for this one.

I'll also add this - if Kenny Cooper can get the exchange thing worked out with his QB - Freddie's position on the depth should be in jeopardy.

I looked at the game again tonight and CPJ was running the dive in the B-gap opposite of the A-back motion to great effect. The trap that busted MM was a work of art. X's and O's are good and all, but if you don't have the Jimmy's and Joe's up front to execute, it's all for naught. My game ball goes to the O-line for this one.
Agree and all of them that played in the game will be back next year.Those 3 true freshman are playing great Just think with another off season and next fall practice how good they can be the next few years.

Shocking result. Great game by the defense. I was a little disappointed with the early FGs. Need TDs early. But I was happy with the halftime score.

The defense had the best game of the year. I hope they continue to get better. Great job . Great job.

Lawrence Austin was named ACC defensive back of the week
Parker Braun was named ACC offensive lineman of the week

Congratulations on well earned honors!

LINK

I'll also add this - if Kenny Cooper can get the exchange thing worked out with his QB - Freddie's position on the depth should be in jeopardy.
He did very well. I was still hoping that they could hold off so he could get a year stronger with a red-shirt. But now he has it for later use if needed. I expect him to be a good contributor in years to come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT