ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2016.

A few recruits like pro-style QB, Bailey Hockman, are moving on after his potentially future Coach Richt did from our hated rivals. I do love the quote attributed to the situation(has relevance in athletes leaving the home state/team with the pressure being applied, or generally related to all of us in life):
"Don't live your life trying to appeal to people you'll never meet".

Errin Joe's petition for a 6th year was denied by the NCAA.

“I know I gave it my all for Tech,” Joe said. “I’ll forever be a Yellow Jacket. Whatever the program needs from me as an alum, I’ll do it.”

Welcome Branch we need all the help we can get on the D- line.

And to the NCAA go F yourself .

Errin Joe's petition for a 6th year was denied by the NCAA.

“I know I gave it my all for Tech,” Joe said. “I’ll forever be a Yellow Jacket. Whatever the program needs from me as an alum, I’ll do it.”
The coaches have known this information since Dec. 5th, if you look back on page two of this thread. One reason they scoured the OL market for rangy types. Still have offers out. Here was part of that post, copied:
"Tyler Stargil, Errin Joe will not be back".

Reactions: Texwood
Compilation of State of Ga. H.S. Championship games:
Enjoy the video listening to some of Wilhelm Richard Wagner-Flight of the Valkyries.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see if GT has any room left for another rush end:
http://nashville.suntimes.com/vande...34782/allen-cater-visits-gt-looking-for-offer

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Allen-Cater-81124/RecruitInterests

http://data.tallahassee.com/recruit/athlete/allen-cater-georgia-2016-football/

https://mobile.twitter.com/3_ac_

This FCA from Mt. Paran is still open with his recruitment, even though committed to Indiana U., recent visit to Ark., WF has offered, many others in non-P5 conferences. Can't coach height, at 6'5" and now is still filling out his frame around 250 lbs.-while maintaining his speed/quickness. The desire to excel at the highest level is present.

Updated/edited to share this:

Last edited:
Last edited:
2017 recruit Deejay Dallas decommitted from UGA. Has
Reopened recruitment, not committed to Missouri, not pledged to Arkansas:
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/195377/caron-baham
http://sports.yahoo.com/smu/football/recruiting/player-Ca'Ron-Baham-151560

GT(Bryan Cook)offered last week. Scheduled visit on 01-22-16.

Colorado visit scheduled for 01-15-2016. Memphis visit scheduled for 01-29-16.

https://mobile.twitter.com/k_cutta1

This would be a great addition to the class! All of the pavement pounding by the staff in this non-MEG off-season is hugely appreciated.

What do you make of Deejay Dallas decommitting from UGA? He looks like the type we could entice by legitimately recruiting as a QB (ala Justin Thomas). I know he's a 2017 recruit (so off topic) but would be interested in your thoughts.

Texwood-
My contact(s) are on vacation. Therefore, speculation only. When "junior days" and "summer camps" heat up, more will surface. A freshman Richt and Butch Jones were both recruiting, naturally is now looking at Tenn. as his prom date. Meaning it's never too early. One kid UGAG had, flipped to Auburn today(2016). In DJ's case it will depend on Rocker, Pruitt and Everette Sands. If they all wind up at USC-East, he will probably go that way. Otherwise, wide open to the process.

C.J.(17 y.o. son is at MorningStar in Brunswick, Ga. through the holiday)might know more than I do about the young man? Glynn Academy kids tend to lean more away from us, but Lamar Owens can recruit. I don't know his intended major, however athletically you are right on the mark with the JT5 analogy. Bailey Hockman, got new offers today. The buzzards are chasing what is left over from the big buzzards prey(or mutts, muttations, whatever you want to call those evil ones).

Texwood-
My contact(s) are on vacation. Therefore, speculation only. When "junior days" and "summer camps" heat up, more will surface. A freshman Richt and Butch Jones were both recruiting, naturally is now looking at Tenn. as his prom date. Meaning it's never too early. One kid UGAG had, flipped to Auburn today(2016). In DJ's case it will depend on Rocker, Pruitt and Everette Sands. If they all wind up at USC-East, he will probably go that way. Otherwise, wide open to the process.

C.J.(17 y.o. son is at MorningStar in Brunswick, Ga. through the holiday)might know more than I do about the young man? Glynn Academy kids tend to lean more away from us, but Lamar Owens can recruit. I don't know his intended major, however athletically you are right on the mark with the JT5 analogy. Bailey Hockman, got new offers today. The buzzards are chasing what is left over from the big buzzards prey(or mutts, muttations, whatever you want to call those evil ones).

The combination of your colorful prose and inside info is a big part of what makes this place special. This is where I come first for anything related to GT athletics.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Thanks brother, we all seem to bring our gifts year 'round. I've noticed my own posts are almost exclusive here. This is a first stop for me too! We respect each other and still share our passion for G.T. When I don't see a post from say, Melanie for several weeks, I start praying.

Sent one of my poems to Stech81 back in November, and must have scared him away. Seriously though, he deserves a great retirement starting in 2016. Need to get him drunk(going to take several, lol)and to a basketball game. Not sure what order that should take place in?

Thanks brother, we all seem to bring our gifts year 'round. I've noticed my own posts are almost exclusive here. This is a first stop for me too! We respect each other and still share our passion for G.T. When I don't see a post from say, Melanie for several weeks, I start praying.

Sent one of my poems to Stech81 back in November, and must have scared him away. Seriously though, he deserves a great retirement starting in 2016. Need to get him drunk(going to take several, lol)and to a basketball game. Not sure what order that should take place in?
I'm still here just trying to finish up at work. They only have me for two days after today.
And I would like to thank the government for taking 40% of my bonus check again this year. The joke on them since this is my last year of working.:)

Congrats, mate. Make sure to tack on an extra 5 or 10 minutes when laying a deuce at work over your remaining hours. They'll pay you even longer for unloading during working hours. Woohoo!

(extra points to you if you ceremoniously take home some work toilet tissue with you announcing that you need something "to remind you of this place"...bonus points to you if you tape some mistletoe to the bottom back of your shirt [assuming you are wearing a shirt of course]...you know, being the Christmas season and all)

Now that you are going to have more time on your hands, I'm guessing you will spend that drinking more beer, wasting more time, and procrastinating all honey-do items. You know, what you do now, just with more time to do it of course.

:D

Congrats, mate. Make sure to tack on an extra 5 or 10 minutes when laying a deuce at work over your remaining hours. They'll pay you even longer for unloading during working hours. Woohoo!

(extra points to you if you ceremoniously take home some work toilet tissue with you announcing that you need something "to remind you of this place"...bonus points to you if you tape some mistletoe to the bottom back of your shirt [assuming you are wearing a shirt of course]...you know, being the Christmas season and all)

Now that you are going to have more time on your hands, I'm guessing you will spend that drinking more beer, wasting more time, and procrastinating all honey-do items. You know, what you do now, just with more time to do it of course.

:D
I told my better half drinking starts at 8:00 am and if she wants me to do something if I can still walk after drinking I'll think about it. ( big talk when I know she is the boss)

Being a seasoned married veteran yourself, you know the best way to get out of working is to royally F something up. As that perve Bill Cosby once said..."it takes a lot of work to get out of working."

SWMBO thinks all these years that she has me trained up. Every time she tells me such and such in the house broke down and she's going to call the repair dudes to come fix it because she knows if I do it I will just F it up...well, I go to the bathroom and just smile in the mirror while patting myself on the back for a good 10 minutes knowing my master plan to get out of working has come to fruition.

Every now and then I just out of blue volunteer to do some DIY improvement project around the house just to test her and assure the plan is still working. So far so good. She knows not to take me up on the offer. If she calls me on it, I will start asking a lot of dumb questions (which comes naturally for me of course) or share my DIY plan with her to which she will immediately say forget it and she'll just call the professionals in to git r done.

Wait. What does this have to do with foosball recruiting and the GT signing class of '16? Let me go drink a bunch of beer while listening to Beesball Richard call this Lady J's game over Bama in the second half and maybe I'll come up with something.

;)

(congrats one more time, btw...that's seriously awesome)

Recent chain of events for Arkeem Byrd, WR, Savannah:
-Colorado St. and Mike Bobo visit in-home after Fresno St. win on Nov. 30.
-Cincinnati visits and offers on Dec. 2.
-W. F. offers on Dec. 2.
-G.T. offers Dec. 6. CPJ, CLO visit in-home on Dec. 9. Official set up for 01-29-16, now moved up to 01-22-16.
-Tenn. offers on Dec. 7...on Dec. 8th offers him as a safety. No visit scheduled, yet.

-Coach said Willie Martinez made a courtesy call on Dec. 8.

Edited to update: Tenn. visit on 01-15-16.
http://savannahnow.com/sports/2015-...ffensive-player-year-arkeem-byrd-jenkins-high

Last edited:
#STRecruiting: New USC staff renews the interest in OL Jordan Johnson (UPDATED)

December 18, 2015 by Phil Kornblut
Jordan Johnson
USC’s old staff offered and worked OL Jordan Johnson of Jacksonville. It didn’t go all that well for the Gamecocks because Johnson committed to Georgia Tech in July. But former USC assistant Steve Spurrier Jr. never stopped recruiting him and when Johnson decommitted in November, the Gamecocks were right back on his list. And the new staff has continued the relationship now that they’ve had a chance to sort thru some things in recruiting.
“When they changed coaches I went like a week without talking to anyone and then (earlier this week) Coach Elliott reached out to me, and he was like, ‘Oh yeah, we’ve just been trying to get everything situated,’ and that’s why they didn’t come see me,” Johnson said. “I basically asked him where I stood with them because I had gone a while without talking to him, and I said, am I still on the board at South Carolina. I thought I was going to take an official visit up there. He was like, ‘Are you still interested in South Carolina?’ And I was like, yeah. And he was like, ‘That’s great.’ He said he was going to call me, and he did, but I was busy.”
Johnson notified us Friday morning that he and Elliott did get back together on the phone and they set an official visit for January 29th. He’s also looking at January visits to Central Florida and Georgia Tech at this point. Those are the three schools he’s eyeing at this point with no favorite. He said coaches from Miami, Mississippi State, Duke, Virginia Tech, Louisville and Georgia Tech were in to see him during the live period.
As for what he sees for USC with Muschamp, Johnson expects positive things. “I feel like they have a legitimate chance to be a powerhouse in the SEC.”

#STRecruiting: New USC staff renews the interest in OL Jordan Johnson (UPDATED)

December 18, 2015 by Phil Kornblut
Jordan Johnson
USC’s old staff offered and worked OL Jordan Johnson of Jacksonville. It didn’t go all that well for the Gamecocks because Johnson committed to Georgia Tech in July. But former USC assistant Steve Spurrier Jr. never stopped recruiting him and when Johnson decommitted in November, the Gamecocks were right back on his list. And the new staff has continued the relationship now that they’ve had a chance to sort thru some things in recruiting.
“When they changed coaches I went like a week without talking to anyone and then (earlier this week) Coach Elliott reached out to me, and he was like, ‘Oh yeah, we’ve just been trying to get everything situated,’ and that’s why they didn’t come see me,” Johnson said. “I basically asked him where I stood with them because I had gone a while without talking to him, and I said, am I still on the board at South Carolina. I thought I was going to take an official visit up there. He was like, ‘Are you still interested in South Carolina?’ And I was like, yeah. And he was like, ‘That’s great.’ He said he was going to call me, and he did, but I was busy.”
Johnson notified us Friday morning that he and Elliott did get back together on the phone and they set an official visit for January 29th. He’s also looking at January visits to Central Florida and Georgia Tech at this point. Those are the three schools he’s eyeing at this point with no favorite. He said coaches from Miami, Mississippi State, Duke, Virginia Tech, Louisville and Georgia Tech were in to see him during the live period.
As for what he sees for USC with Muschamp, Johnson expects positive things. “I feel like they have a legitimate chance to be a powerhouse in the SEC.”

I've heard from my coaching contacts (non-GT) that pretty much everyone has cooled on JJ after the incident. From what I know of what went down, I hope we have terminated our recruitment of the kid/family.

Donavaughn Campbell, All-Star.

Edited to note/update:
LSU keeping in touch with the family, not the recruit, during this dead period. They lead GT, Ala. (will get a visit because of the HS Principal being a 'Bama Man), and Ark.(might get an OV).

Last edited:
A DB coming over to G.T. for a Jan.15 O.V.:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueBuchanan?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

http://collegespun.com/acc/louisvil...mes-second-louisville-decommitment-of-the-day

http://247sports.com/Recruitment/Baylen-Buchanan-72474/RecruitInterests

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3307990/baylen-buchanan

Coach Ted Roof, recruit. Ray Buchanan, CB of the Atl. DirtyBirds(his son).

Edited to update a Tenn. offer:
https://mobile.twitter.com/TrueBuchanan?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

For other updates, please look back through these four pages(edited updates on each players' last individual posting).

Last edited:
Last edited:
Since recruiting is presently contingent on what the SA reports to the media, et al. for the next three weeks-thought you might want to see what an offer letter contains:

G.T. offers to the "Junior Class":
PLAYER POS LOCATION HT WT STARS GRADE SCHOOL

Jeffrey Okudah
Video | Scouts Report
ESPN 300
S Grand Prairie, TX
South Grand Prairie High School 6'1'' 199 86
List

DeAngelo Gibbs
Video | Scouts Report
ESPN 300
ATH Suwanee, GA