ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson Memories Thread

mbjacket

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2019
My late father ran track and played football in high school, not a big guy by any means, started off in Kentucky and then the family moved to Atlanta where he finished HS at SW DeKalb in 1955. He was a notorious BS’er, but he always told a story of a Clemson football staffer inviting him to campus one time. He walked into Frank Howard’s office and he told my dad that they “eat boys like him for breakfast here at Clempsin.” He ended up on a track scholarship thanks to George Griffin and got out of Tech in 1959. The rest of our fandom story is history.
Maybe that’s why Clemson always ranked right behind UGA for him in terms of games and hatred. This was always one of his favorite games and has become mine as well—probably stirred on by the last 8 years. We’ve had some classics with these guys, some heartbreaks, some that we’ve dealt out. I know he took me to games before but the first vivid memory I can remember of being at BDS was the damn Woody Dantzler game. Anyways, I wanted to start a thread where we could share some of our favorite memories of this game.

Mine is relatively easy retroactively. We were there for the field storm in 2011, but the 2014 Clemson game would be the last GT win he saw in person (he passed in early 2016, and we were at losses in 2015). It also just happens to be the last time we won and we played them this late in a season IIRC. Enjoy:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News