ADVERTISEMENT

Vandy@G.T.

Tech is a 6.5 pt favorite.

(side note, Miami opened as 5 pt favorites at Appalachian State...that line has now dropped to 3 pt favorites for Spray Tan Boy's thugs)

Thought I noticed GT opening at 7.5?

Would make sense to me that early money rides with Vandy. The UNDER total seems like a good play as well (if 40 or more when released). Tech's offense may struggle mightily (again) against a solid Vandy D. Also, though several days away, looks like the game will be played in rain from start to finish.

Tech is a 6.5 pt favorite.

(side note, Miami opened as 5 pt favorites at Appalachian State...that line has now dropped to 3 pt favorites for Spray Tan Boy's thugs)

App State is playing some good football. They should have beaten Tennessee, but melted late in the game with the heat. Fort Lauderdale will be a tougher conditioning test for those mountain boys.

Thanks for that cheery forecast. We might as well ride Marta, find some seats behind standing students or drunks who are cursing and soak in some more humidity.

Maybe the Tech Police can ask us to move next to the Jordan Johnson reserved seats?

Would make sense to me that early money rides with Vandy. The UNDER total seems like a good play as well (if 40 or more when released). Tech's offense may struggle mightily (again) against a solid Vandy D. Also, though several days away, looks like the game will be played in rain from start to finish.
Hopefully the rain is gone by time the Clemson game rolls around. I don't know if I can listen to my wife complain for 4 hrs about having to sit there and get rained on. Might have to leave her at the hotel and go by myself.

Thanks for that cheery forecast. We might as well ride Marta, find some seats behind standing students or drunks who are cursing and soak in some more humidity.

Maybe the Tech Police can ask us to move next to the Jordan Johnson reserved seats?

Ha ha. Hopefully somebody will find my baseball cap at the stadium. It's white. With a GT on the front. With everyone wearing GOLD, hopefully it will stand out. I lost it 20 years ago. I'm starting to think somebody stole it. I'm also (sniff) starting to (sniff) give up on ever finding it (hooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnkkkkk).

Stech81 is storing that cap in the seat next to him. He calls it the "leg room, paraphernalia" area. Old unpermitted umbrella, permitted clear bag(not sure what's in there, but it's not popcorn like others bring in), hat, sunscreen, braziers, panties, under the seat directions in finding General Grant, D.B. Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa, etc.

Stech81 is storing that cap in the seat next to him. He calls it the "leg room, paraphernalia" area. Old unpermitted umbrella, permitted clear bag(not sure what's in there, but it's not popcorn like others bring in), hat, sunscreen, braziers, panties, under the seat directions in finding General Grant, D.B. Cooper, Jimmy Hoffa, etc.
9e1d03628d38f41bd64c473344ebaa70.jpg

Did you happen to write Vince Dooley is an ass clown under the brim of that cap? If so I found your hat along the side of a road in Buckhead. I adopted it and took good care of it until losing it on the flume ride at Six Flags Arlington TX in a brain fart moment. If that's your hat I hope this provides some closure.

That's not it. I think it does say Looking To Hook Up With Lefty possibly.

Practice notes, 09-12-16:
GT H.C. C.P.J. said his two suspended freshmen Jackets, Dedrick Mills and KirVonte Benson are both cleared to play this week. Mills will compete with sophomore Marcus Marshall for the starting B-back spot.

"(Dedrick) will play wherever he fits. If he ends up winning the starting job, he will start," Johnson said. "It is a clean slate. (Marcus Marshall) was okay, but just okay."

Johnson said he expects a dogfight this week with the Commodores. The Jackets are 1-0 under Johnson against Vanderbilt beating the Dores in Nashville in 2009 56-31. Coach Johnson indicated he expected a slightly different game with the Derek Mason led Vanderbilt squad.

"Vanderbilt is really physical and big. I'm really impressed with the linebacker #41 (Zach Cunningham), the free safety #14 is a good player (Ryan White) and they got some size and some good players. They will certainly be an upgrade over last week," Johnson said.

Practice notes, 09-12-16:
GT H.C. C.P.J. said his two suspended freshmen Jackets, Dedrick Mills and KirVonte Benson are both cleared to play this week. Mills will compete with sophomore Marcus Marshall for the starting B-back spot.

"(Dedrick) will play wherever he fits. If he ends up winning the starting job, he will start," Johnson said. "It is a clean slate. (Marcus Marshall) was okay, but just okay."

Johnson said he expects a dogfight this week with the Commodores. The Jackets are 1-0 under Johnson against Vanderbilt beating the Dores in Nashville in 2009 56-31. Coach Johnson indicated he expected a slightly different game with the Derek Mason led Vanderbilt squad.

"Vanderbilt is really physical and big. I'm really impressed with the linebacker #41 (Zach Cunningham), the free safety #14 is a good player (Ryan White) and they got some size and some good players. They will certainly be an upgrade over last week," Johnson said.

If Marshall fumbles once in practice this week, then he will not start. I am glad Mills was able to get back in the coach's good grac

If Marshall fumbles once in practice this week, then he will not start. I am glad Mills was able to get back in the coach's good grac
This is one time hearing CPJ talk after practice each day last week,it still did not sound like he was mad at Mills.

So what if the two boys stayed out a little late one night, together? CPJ had to punish, but he understands.
-----------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile tuning into a show called "Cheaters", expecting to find Larry Fedora or Roy Williams or some likening to Miss Pink Dress Commish. Instead I found a woman chasing a man around with a purse, moderated by a young Clark Gable dude.

Back to the news channels, where they don't need weapons in the election fight. Instead, crooked tongues do the lashing out.

I just got off my daily call about the defense with CTR. Due to likely another rainy game and Vandy featuring a power-I running game where they would like to hand the ball off to their talented RB, Webb, about 30 times (most all between the tackles), we will be deploying a different defensive scheme this week.

We are going with a 9-7-1 formation. We're stacking 16 guys in the box and daring them to throw the ball. We figure with 16 guys against their 6 or 7 blockers, we are bound to get at least 1 or 2 guys into space where they might be able to tackle somebody.

You can thank me Saturday evening if this works. If it doesn't, blame CTR. I'm just a consultant after all.

I just got off my daily call about the defense with CTR. Due to likely another rainy game and Vandy featuring a power-I running game where they would like to hand the ball off to their talented RB, Webb, about 30 times (most all between the tackles), we will be deploying a different defensive scheme this week.

We are going with a 9-7-1 formation. We're stacking 16 guys in the box and daring them to throw the ball. We figure with 16 guys against their 6 or 7 blockers, we are bound to get at least 1 or 2 guys into space where they might be able to tackle somebody.

You can thank me Saturday evening if this works. If it doesn't, blame CTR. I'm just a consultant after all.
On the safe side you may want to mix it up and use the 7-9-1 a few times , you know to kept Vandy thinking.
Do you and CTR have to book how to stop the power I ?

and remember one thing.

th

Not to nit-pick, but I might encourage you to go on watchespn and look at that fumble that was called on Marshall. His entire forearm was down when the guy wrestled the ball out of his grasp. It was very close, but it was clearly (IMHO) not a fumble on the replay. Aside from that call and the very late whistle at the GL on Wiemer, they on stopped out O on one drive all day.

Our O looked far better than I thought upon viewing the replay.

Also, Mercer could not run the ball on us. Nor did BC too well (176 yards). I think our front 7 is pretty good against the run this year. We gave up a crapton of yards on those little dink and dunk passes Mercer was throwing all day long. Given that Vandy can't pass well, I think it sets up pretty good for us. I'm confident we'll come out with the W.

Random stat du jour...

...if Tech defeats Vandy, it will represent 4 of the last 6 years we have opened the season 3-0 thru our first 3 games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT