ADVERTISEMENT

Softbees Thread

Interesting loss, 5-4, today in the series finale at Louisville. Cards were up 3-0 heading to the top of the 6th when the Softbees scored 4 runs to take a 4-3 lead only to see the Cards score 2 more in the bottom of the 6th. Hopefully, this showing in the A.C.C. opening weekend on the road is a positive sign for this program. Hopefully.

Softbees weekend schedule vs BC revised due to pending weather. Sunday game moved to Friday.

New schedule...

Fri 4pm
Sat DH 1pm

Softbees up 2-0 in the bottom of the 2nd right now. Tech went 6-18 in the A.C.C. last year.

We lost 8-4 but outhit them 12-10. Ugh.

Goodrich pitching for Tech in Game 1 of the DH today. Scoreless heading to the bottom of the 3rd.

The Softbees scratch across a run in the btm of the last to tie Game 1 at 1-1 and send to EI.

Goodrich pitches out of a bases loaded 1-out jam. Heading to the btm of the 8th still tied 1-1. Let's go, Softbees!!

Maybe we should hire a sports psychologist for all these sports(16?)?
Certainly they have already come up with that idea in the GTAA?

Softbees get a run in the btm of the 6th to break a 2-2 tie. Lead 3-2 over Chattavegas heading to the top of the last. Let's go, Softbees!

We still have not had a drop in Atl., although it looks ominously dark right now. My knee is hurting too.

You can tell Crash Davis that I worked at Sears about 40 years ago in Shipping and Receiving, and it did suck!(in response to your comments in another thread this afternoon).

Please carry on with your viewing....make a lot of money this month to pay that credit card bill that Stech81 is running up.

Softbees defeat Northwester, 3-2. That's the best win of the season. The Wildcats are a solid program that has been to the WCWS over the past decade. 3-2 weekend at Clearwater. Hopefully, the Softbees can build on this as they travel over to Orlando during spring break to face UCF Wednesday and then host the Turkey Buzzards next weekend as they get back into ACC play.

Nice job, Softbees!!

Yep. 2 losses to the Hokies in 2 days with a total of 2 hits. Game 2 today supposed to start at 2. Tech is shooting for win number 2 in the ACC.

(the number 2 approves this message)

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Lionberger with a walk off homer to win the series finale, 1-0. The 9-hole hitter gets it done.

Hooray!

For any sadistic Tech fans who enjoy death and destruction, the Softbees head over to Hell for a 6pm game tonight. You can watch the carnage via SEC Network Plus...which is another way of saying ESPN-3/WatchESPN. Same thing.

WHITE FLAG

We lost 5-0. I'm sadistic now. Give me Valpo. or give me death! No, not directed at the "Homer" boys. The N.I.T. Final. They keep saying the G.W. Coach would be perfect at Ma Tech.

The G.W. coach is an arrogant prick. So, yes. He would probably fit in real well with us.

Just kidding...well, not really on the first sentence above.

Our expectations are so low, like in softball, that I'm with you. Give me players that step on the field or court to win half the games on talent alone. See: nice guy Bobby Cremins. We all got excited because he was excitable. Had flair, class and cared about everybody. Gave us his best, with the best until he thought he was tarnishing the memories.

This Lonergan has never finished above third in his league? Not a good guy? There goes recruiting, graduating and pleasing our fan base.

I actually was kind of pleased when I went onto Gametracker last night and saw the game was tied 0-0 heading to the top of the 4th. Seemed like a minor win that we weren't down by double digit margin...yet. That's how far this program has dropped. We lost 5-0 and had 1 hit and I'm thinking that's not so bad. At least we weren't run ruled 15-0 or 15-1 or 14-1 or 20-1 like we have been over the last 3+ seasons. Last time we beat them was March 14, 2012, when they were ranked #8 in the nation and we pulled a home upset, 2-0. Since then, it has been really sad.

Honestly, it's the one team we can't stand to watch play. Feel like grabbing the vial of Amantadine, even though it isn't mine.

Softbees score 4 in the top of the 7th to go from down 5-3 to up 7-5. Hope they can finish off this first game.

Softbees now in a marathon (7-7 in the 13th)...all we can say is this would be great TV for a new ACC Network/Channel. ;)

Oh well. Cuse walks off with the W in the 13th. More misery for the Softbees as we blow a 7-5 lead in the last. Then again, they showed guts to take the lead in the top of the last. This team has invented so many ways to lose games this year. Ugh.

Softbees score a run in the bottom of the last for a walk-off win over Ga State.

The team heads out to Kansas for a 5-game weekend set of games - what for I'll never know.

Softbees defeat North Texas 8-4 in Game 1 today. Next up are the hosts, KU Jayhawks.

Softbees move the record to 16-21 on the season. That matches the win total from a season ago when our gals went 16-34. Progress? I dunno. We'll see.

Softbees were run-ruled by Kansas yesterday, then again this morning by North Texas, and now going for the trifecta as KU is going to run-rule our lasses again.

(but perhaps this helps our recruiting out in the "bountiful" Kansas area...read: I have no clue what we are doing spending money on this team going out there to play these games)

12-1 run ruled. Did you find out what in the Midwestern world we were doing out there?
Tech can stay right here at home or in-state to get our arses whopped!

The football team came out in full force to cheer on the Softbees, after practice ended early for this momentous occasion....results a 15-0 beating.

Up at Pittsburgh today, the Softbees lost the first game in extras. In Game 2, Tech scored 2 in the top of the 7th to swipe the win, 9-8. Hooray!

Not enough money in the budget to hire a premium hitting coach.

Young pitching without depth. Most P5's have at least 6 on the top rosters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT