ADVERTISEMENT

Softbees Thread

Bummer. Softbees lose in bottom of the 12th on a walk off HR, 3-2.

The good: Anderson pitched better going 11.2 IP with 8K with State hitting .214. The bad: of the 2 extra-base hits she gave up, 1 was the walk-off HR. Also, Tech struck out 13 times and only managed 6 hits (hitting .140 for the game).

While a loss, it's something they can build on this weekend.

Thanks Kurt. I look forward to following them this weekend. Hopefully the All Access package for video of the spring sports games and matches is worth the subscription this year.

Jenna Goodrich getting her first collegiate start tonight. First pitch at 7:10pm. Getting ready to watch via ESPN-3.

Go Softbees!!

One slight nit pick correction... T-Babes hosting the Cesspool. Hopefully, the tennis center will be sprayed for fleas afterwards.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Anderson takes the loss in the 8th vs. Ohio St., 4-3. Makes us 0-3 and Soft Bees so far.

Goodrich keeping Purdue/Purdon't scoreless in the third, 0-0 game.

Watched the loss vs Ohio State. Softbees got ahead early, gave up a 2-run bomb to tie the game, showed some guts to come back in the top of the last to send it to EI. Tough loss, but liked what I saw for the most part.

The offense will be a struggle all season from what I've seen.

She has shut down the Boilergals on three hits through six. Like you said, we have termites in our lumber, no runs!

....and then the horse ran out of the barn, 3-0 defeat.

Last edited:
Btm 6th, bases loaded for the Softbees and nobody out. We get no runs. Story of the early season so far.

Hopefully, Mother Nature will cooperate for both the Softbees and JJ's today. I like what I've seen of our infield defensively. They've made some slick plays so far to really help our pitchers. Anderson looks significantly better than last year and Goodrich made good strides from Game 1 to last night's Game 2 of her early season pitching. Unfortunate about the top of the 7th, but it's a learning curve.

If the hitting/scoring ever does get going, this could be a decent-to-good team by time A.C.C. rolls around. Having said that, we are no threat to the upper third of the conference (F$U, NCSU, etc.). Finishing around 7th or better would be progress over last year I'd think. Still very early of course. Team just needs a win right now. Any way, any score.

Ziese homers to tie the game in the top of the 7th. Nice! Hopefully, the Softbees can bust through here and snag a win for the weekend.

Ugh. Another 1-run walkoff loss for the Softbees. Host St. John's for a DH on Tuesday. Gotta get a W. Any how. Any way.

Feel bad for Anderson's mental mistake that allowed the winning run to score. Another walk-off homer would have been better.

Softbees lose game 1 Saturday 4-0 to UCSB to move to 0-8 on the season. I believe they have now started back up the continuation of yesterday's game against Southern Utah with the game tied 1-1 in the 5th... http://ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-softbl/tournament/boxscores/20160227_v77i.xml

The 2 teams are scheduled to then play a game once the continuation game ends.

Note, the icons at the Live Stats interface are incorrect.

Last edited:
Softbees bust it open in the bottom of the 6th. On the verge of finally breaking through with a much-needed win. Up 5-1.

Softbees get the win. The Gauchos tournament central live stats are all screwed up though.

Softbees win 2-0 in game called after 5 innings (darkness). 2-8 now on the season.

They face South Carolina Sunday at 12pmET (or at least that's the schedule).

Nice DH sweep of Mercer yesterday. First A.C.C. series of the season at Louisville coming up this weekend. Getting 1 win at UofL would be noteworthy I think.

Softbees DH at Louisville Saturday moved back from noon first game to 1:30 first game.

Lost big in Game 1.

Down 2-0 in the 6th the Softbees scored 2 to tie it. Just scratched across 2 runs in the top of the 7th to take a 4-2 lead in the last in Game 2.

Softbees could get a very unexpected road W here and make the trip successful.

Make it 5-2 in the top of the 7th. Way to go, Softbees! Helluva comeback.

Hopefully, they can hang on in the bottom of the last and split the DH today.

Big 5-2 win in Game 2 today. 1-1 in the A.C.C.

Nice job, Softbees!!

Softbees tweet advises UofL had the bases loaded in the bottom of the last and we turned a DP to end the game.

Nice!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT