ADVERTISEMENT

Softbees Thread

Not that I know of. Don't even have a replacement A.D. for Women's Sports. Combining jobs.

AT Fund Reps. usually handle the scholarships.

The French defeat the Softbees 6-0 in Game 1 on Saturday at Mewborn Field.

This puts the French 1 1/2 games ahead of the Softbees for the final 8th spot to qualify for the ACCT.

Pieranunzzi with a walkoff 2-run dinger in the bottom of the 11th salvages a win in the series over the French today, 8-6. Tech still on the outside looking in to qualifying for the ACCT.

Watch this catch(2nd on the reel, after the LaCrosse highlight), GT Softball CF leaping over the wall to rob an NC ST. hitter the other night:

BION, the Softbees have a chance to qualify for the ACCT.

There are 3 teams within 1 game of one another for the final spot in next week's ACCT at NC State (who won't qualify as they Pack finishes last in the ACC a year after making it to the Super Regionals at the NCAAT).

Pitt is 7-12. The Softbees are a half-game back at 7-13. The French are 7-14. The French regular season is complete.

Pitt travels to BC for a 3-game series this weekend. BC at 28-21/10-8 is currently 4th in the ACC. That series will be a DH on Saturday and 1 game on Sunday.

The Softbees host the Cheaters (27-22/10-11, 6th in the ACC) this weekend...1 game Saturday night at 6:30pm and then a DH on Sunday starting at 1pm (both games on ESPN-3). I know it has been another rough season. I know battling for a final spot in the ACCT is not where the program aspires to and with very high likelihood that it just means a quick exit against FSU (42-5/19-1) next week. But, for the sake of these young ladies who wear W&G and who have been battling with essentially 1 pitcher over the last few weeks, I hope they get it done. Good luck to the Softbees in their quest.

BC swept Pitt today which opens the door for the Softbees to qualify for the ACCT with a win or two against the Cheaters this weekend.

Cheaters win Saturday's game, 7-0. Softbees must scratch across a win on Sunday to have a chance to keep their season going for at least one more game at the ACCT.

Cheaters win game 1, 8-3. Combined with a Pitt win at BC, the Softbees will miss the ACCT for the 2nd consecutive season.

The GT softball team's 2016 season came to a close after getting swept by UNC this weekend, including 7-1 in the second game today to finish the season 22-33 overall, 7-16 in ACC play
Third year in a row that GT finishes with a losing record. Second year in a row missing out on the ACC tourney.
GT says farewell to seniors Courtney Ziese, Morgan Taylor, and Maddie Lionberger. Good luck in the future ladies. Ziese's hitting really improved over the course of the season.
Hoerner has work to do. Every year she's been here, we've had a pitcher transfer. Cabrales after 2014 and Biggerstaff, 2015.

I just hope Goodrich sticks with it. We need her and the incoming lefty (along with hopefully Anderson getting healthy).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT