ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Period(s)for Spring, 2016& Potpouri

Sexy Potpourri:
According to The Doctors, ABC....1 in 6 people have had sex while driving a vehicle.

I mean that's just inviting a rear-end collision.

FWIW, I don't see Double-E on Nigeria's roster for the upcoming FIBA Women's Olympic Qualifying Tournament in France next week... http://www.fiba.com/oqtwomen/2016/Nigeria#|tab=roster

The FIBA U20 Euro Championships will be held July 9-17 in Portugal. The rosters haven't been posted yet at the FIBA site, but I assume from Coach Jo's tweet earlier in this thread posted by Buzzforlife that both Pan and Peresson will be playing for Italy and Guimaraes will be suiting up for Portugal in this event. Will keep an eye on it next month.

Just a follow-on thought about our WBB players participating in international events, I find this information about a forthcoming Olympic Channel TV network on the horizon interesting... http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/oly...on.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The Olympic Channel announced Monday it had reached content-sharing agreements with 27 international sports federations, including that of basketball, swimming and gymnastics. With the deals in place, the digital network is nearly ready to set a launch date, for some time in 2016.

You'd have to think the inclusion of "basketball" means FIBA and one day some folks with access could start watching some events such as these U17/18/19/20 world and/or continental championships...some which may involve Tech student-athletes (and not just hoops of course).

Are we done with signings for 2016 in Basketball?

Strategic planning? LOL!

Meanwhile, you can still go to the scrolling tweets at the bottom of the GTAA's official website for breaking information and find how the softball team is getting ready to play a game...two months ago! Apparently, our new Director of Communications hasn't noticed that yet in his new job...or doesn't care.

The GTAA is a perpetual mess. Hopefully Bobinski follows Gaudin and gets the hell out sooner than his 5-year contract expires at the end of March 2018.

"Competitive excellence"...the athletic program as a whole has hit a low that it hasn't seen since the early 80's (read: 35 years). This past school year was the worst I've witnessed since Bobby Cremins was just hired.

Chuck Mitchell rumored to get a workout for the Chicago Bulls... http://pippenainteasy.com/2016/06/12/bulls-draft-rumors-workouts-with-mitchell-and-vanvleet/

Mitchell comes in with a much lower profile than VanVleet and doesn’t rank in top prospect lists. He was a hustle player for Georgia Tech and nearly averaged a double-double his senior year with 10.1 points and 9.8 rebounds per game.

Best case scenario for Mitchell is the Summer League. If he makes it that far and impresses, he could be looking at a shot in the D-League. However, it wouldn’t be surprising if he is trying to improve his profile just enough to help himself get a domestic opportunity before looking overseas if he wants to pursue a professional career.

FYI...

...the Volleybees 2016 schedule should be released soon. Maybe next week?

Last few years, it has been released on the following dates...

June 23, 2015
June 4, 2014
June 21, 2013

Of the programs which could step up and into postseason this next school year, I think the Volleybees are a prime candidate to do so. CMC returns essentially her entire team, including TVG who could be an All-American candidate in her final campaign. Hopefully, the recent trip to Brazil will help the team even more during the offseason.

Last year, the team improved from a 13-18/6-12 record in '14 to a 18-14/9-11 record in '15. A similar jump could see the team more like 23-9/13-7 in '16, which is doable I believe. That kind of record should certainly get the team into the NCAAT.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
As always, thanks mate. Will be rooting like hell more than ever for these guys this upcoming season.

Your welcome, and I will be too!
Have been fortunate to get an electronic mail this morning from a friend who was at camp this week. Gave me some insights per one of our Assistants. Looks like 2017 recruiting is going great, very salvageable. 2018 looking real strong, as well as beyond. He had guarded optimism for the team, although the attitude and work ethic is going "super good".

Thanks for the heads up, Richard.

Nov. 25, Friday, vs Dayton
Nov. 26, Saturday, vs winner of Creighton-Missouri

*note I say "winner" as I'm bullish on the Lady J's this upcoming season :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT