ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Period(s)for Spring, 2016& Potpouri

Under the potpourris heading:
Acc vs. B$G schedule of teams(not dates or times, per Rothstein) for this coming fall-
Mich St @ Duke
Syracuse @ Wisconsin
UNC @ Indiana
Purdue @ UVA
Louisville @ Ohio State
GT @ Penn State
NW @ Wake Forest
Rutgers @ Rutgers Relocated (Miami)
Minnesota @ FSU
Nebraska @ Clemson
Pitt @ Maryland
NC State @ Illinois
Iowa @ ND
VT @ Michigan

Will be Tech's first trip to Penn State for hoops. In fact, football has only traveled to Happy Valley once (back in 1923 when stech81 was a freshman, losing 7-0). I'd love to see Tech and Penn State play one another more frequently. Seems like we go up against them in recruiting across multiple sports more than is thought of when discussing who our recruiting rivals are some times.

That's good to know, mate. Thanks as always.

What we know...

Non-ACC HOME (3): Cesspool, Michigan, IUPUI (not necessarily "known" but strong assumption as they owe us a return game)

Non-ACC ROAD (1): Alabama (again, going on strong assumption we owe them a return game and will complete contract this upcoming season)

ACC HOME (8): Clemson, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Pitt, Va Tech, Duke, FSU, NC State

ACC ROAD (8): Clemson, Notre Dame, Louisville, Cheaters, Virginia, BC, Miami, Wake

I'm hopeful...

1) the ACC will wake up and go back to an 18-game conference schedule
2) we see a stronger pre-ACC schedule this season...even without Pugh until mid-December, I still think this team needs to be tested more in Nov & Dec than we have the last couple of years...starting the ACC schedule with a RPI SOS in the 180-190 range is not good, IMO

As usual your #1 and #2 smell great! You must have retained the same colon.

Season tickets are very inexpensive, so I can't take issue with that. But as a ticket holder and speaking for JF61(pardon me if I'm wrong), we want to come out and watch strong opposition. If we played the whole league home and home, the Mutts, the B$G, starting in November, I'd be fine with it.

Trust stech81 and me, those indoor practice football facilities are great for keg parties and picking up chicks.

Otherwise, a complete waste of money...especially in the South.

Trust stech81 and me, those indoor practice football facilities are great for keg parties and picking up chicks. Otherwise, a complete waste of money...especially in the South.
Picking up chicks is nice and the beer is great but I do wish they would have put a pool in it.

Picking up chicks is nice and the beer is great but I do wish they would have put a pool in it.

Just got use that engineering intuition that Buddha blessed us with...

Redneck-pool.jpg

Of course, the folks over at Alabama always one-up the rest...

redneck-pool.png

Just got use that engineering intuition that Buddha blessed us with...

Redneck-pool.jpg

Of course, the folks over at Alabama always one-up the rest...

redneck-pool.png
Funny story I guess with the guy in the truck . In 1973 I was in the National Guard summer camp believe it or not I was in the Motor pool ( don't know why). We were washing the dump trucks out and it was hot that day in Fort Stewart . We fill one the the dump beds with water and we decide to swim in it. Had a great time till the captain showed up. That was the last day I worked in the motor pool. ( I guess drinking beer and working in the motor pool was not a great idea. ) pulling KP the last week was not as much fun. I needed to learn to keep my mouth shut. ( still do I guess) :)

Thanks to Richard for keeping us updated:

Commitments - Class of 2017

Jake Brace RHP R-R 5-11 170 Suwanee, GA (North Gwinnett)
Hugh Chapman RHP R-R 6-2 180 Smyrna, GA (Holy Innocents)
Michael Guldberg SS R-R 6-0 170 Marietta, GA (Walton)
Colin Hall OF L-R 5-11 175 Alpharetta, GA (Wesleyan)
Brant Hurter LHP L-L 6-6 230 Canton, GA (Woodstock)
Kale Ledford 3B R-R 6-0 175 Oxford, GA (George Walton Academy)
Joseph Mannelly 1B L-L 6-3 215 Atlanta, GA (Marist)
Chase Patrick RHP R-R 5-11 160 Ellaville, GA (Schley County)
Jason Rooks OF R-R 6-3 205 Marietta, GA (Walton)
Oscar Serratos SS R-R 6-2 180 Lawrenceville, GA (Grayson)
Crews Taylor SS L-R 6-1 170 Lawrenceville, GA (Archer)
Jamie Taylor C R-R 6-1 200 Johns Creek, GA (Marist)
Luke Waddell SS L-R 5-6 160 Loveland, OH (Loveland)

Verbal Commitments - Class of 2018

Kendall Simmons SS R-R 6-2 185 Macon, GA (Tatnall Square)

James Conner, RB, from Pitt. is cancer free and will play in 2016. Took 6 months, but like Eric Berry, he has overcome Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Wonderful story and after the knee injury, he has tackled so much adversity.

Not sure if our resident Virginian caught this transfer in WBB:

....the rest of you(2, probably)can now say, "Why did he post that"?

Thanks, mate. Was just googling her name a few days ago wondering where she eventually wound up. Huge loss for UVA WBB.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT