ADVERTISEMENT

NIT Tournament Thread

Oh well. Bummer.

If there was ever a time for an Adam Smith flurry of 3's, it is now.

This is one of those games where every single 50/50 play is going against the Good Guys. The balls aren't bouncing our way and neither are the calls. Just one of those nights.

We're down 11 and walking the ball up the court at a snail's pace. I don't get it.

I guess we won't have to wait a week to learn whether CBG stays or goes????

That assumes Bobinski is alive of course.

Chuck with a double-double in his final college game. That just makes sense and seems right.

Thanks guys for getting me through this season. The last third of the season was fun. You guys helped make it tolerable.

Thanks to the seniors.

The last third of the season was indeed fun, but it was the sort of fun that you have when going out and getting blasted to forget about your problems. Now it's time for the hangover - and the problems haven't gone away.

The guys fought like heroes this season, and exorcised a lot of demons. They learned they could beat anybody, that they could win a close game, could fight back from a deep hole, could lose and bounce back, etc. These are the type things that a winning culture are based on. Hopefully, the younger guys can take a bucket of that into next season, whoever might be their coach.

Will miss the smile on Chuck Mitchell, while running down court after scoring two.
1)He looks like he snatched stech81 and his last cold beer or warm one for that matter.
2)It could be the look of a happy thief who swiped a credit card off of JT622 with a huge LOC.
3)He found out where Boblinskiville is hiding.
4)Might have located the Easter Bunny with colored eggs at the San Diego Zoo, earlier today.

Ken Sugra. on 92.9F.M. said after the game said he thinks it's 50-50 on CBG staying or leaving.

Now that's going out on a limb, isn't it?

Last edited:
I was very disappointed the game ended like it did. GT just could not get any clean looks, partly due to the smothering defense but there were some very home oriented calls (and no calls) last night. GT should have been shooting a few free throws in the last 5 minutes of that game.

GT couldn't get outside open and the rough play in the middle couldn't get the rebounds that they usually get the put back points.

Boy those SDSU fans are really a great bunch. Cheering their team even when they are in a secondary tournament. Sell out crowd reported, eventhough the stands were not full. Still an awesome crowd. GT fans need to take notice.

I know the trip back for the team will be somber. I hope the seniors get a chance to keep playing somewhere if that's what they want, if not, I hope they go on and have awesome careers elsewhere. Best wishes to each one. Thanks for one of the best seasons in the last decade.

Review of final game for Ga. Tech this season:
http://www.ajc.com/s/sports/tech/

The faction of fans who believe CBG needed 3 or all 5 wins in this NIT to save his job, might want to consider how little this regime is judged upon wins. It was progress shown, changing the offense. He did those things, and if he was indeed a placeholder for financial reasons-the Institute was represented in a classy fashion.

predictions on the NIT finals?

are both coaches possible candidates? winner take all?

http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2016/03/30/could-georgia-techs-next-coach-be-in-the-nit-final/

Kenpom's model has Valpo by 2.

If you say they are candidates then they qualify. MBob isn't talking.

Here is MBobcam:
mouthshut-mouth-shut-zip-zip-it-smiley-emoticon-000626-large.gif

MBob isn't talking.

Here is MBobcam:
mouthshut-mouth-shut-zip-zip-it-smiley-emoticon-000626-large.gif

Stop lying, YOU!

The Bobber has been tight-lipped (some might say dead) for the first 3 years of his position in the GTAA castle. But, you've obviously (there's that word again) not been paying attention over the past 3 or 4 days. He has held 622 press conferences and has leaked out at least 60 names in priority list of who he's going after. Do you not read? Are you illiterate perhaps? Maybe deaf too?

Bobinski has said Capel was his first choice, but then he fell off a turnip truck and realized that K won't let him come to Tech. Bobinski advised everybody of each of those events when they happened, btw. He has also outlined his thought process similarly on all the other candidates. He's all of a sudden a talkative guy.

Wait. That wasn't him was it? Silly me. This is the internet and a bunch of us yahoos that truly don't know Jarrett Jack about what's going on. What's actually funny is that some people pay money to read stuff from yahoos that truly don't know Jarrett Jack about what's going on. LOL!

But, we should believe the internet. Bobinski is a French model I hear.

Not to get all Will Bynumial on you Techsters, but 99.99% of these rumors don't compute. Here is the 00.01% that does:

-Mike Lonergan is really named "Dick". JT622 never lies to us. Unless he talks of his winnings. He likes to fire the I.R.S. up.
-Jeff Capel is mulling over an interview with Bob, or Bobber has already chartered a chopper to Dah-rum and met with him. Interested because where there is money, a wife is pushing you.
-Jay Laranaga, Bryce Drew have never seen the inside of our big Melon Arena.
-Melanie is not a huge "hoops fan", and Stech81 will drink to that.
-Buzzforlife was only joking about having "shooting coaches", not the bald, short, fat donor with money wearing a Ga. Tech hat. Some have Nicholson, some have Bill Murray, some are Cuban in Texas. We proudly announce, Danny DeVito is our dude.

I know one thing, If we don't hear something before Thursday, I will definitely be watching this game with an eye for the coaches. I am guessing that Bobinski has a suite somewhere at the coaches meeting where he is scheduling final interview...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT