ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Thread

For the 29th year in a row since I expended my collegiate eligibility, the NFL has once again denied me as a first round pick. As disappointing as this has yet again been, I am still hopeful I will be picked today or tomorrow. The fact I have not been called to be invited to a camp as a UDFA should not put a damper on my hopes.

As far as our Jackets go, my predictions are as follows...

-DJ White goes in the 5th round tomorrow
-Adam Gotsis goes in the 6th round tomorrow
-Jamal Golden and Tyler Marcordes will be UDFA's
-Broderick Snoddy might get a sniff as a UDFA

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Oh my!!! Shocker! Gotsis goes to Denver at end of 2nd round. Awesome!!!!!!!

I always thought he would go higher than projected, due to his motor and upside. The only mitigating factor IMO was the injury. He was a sleeper from the word go.

Demond Smith and Broderick Snoddy both sign with the Packers per the AJC.

DJ White in the 6th round was probably about right(IMO). Other thoughts on him?

I know JT622 had him in the fifth(good prognostication), but a few of the experts including Kiper had him sooner.

I think Gotsis has a high ceiling and Denver made a wise choice. I think somebody else snatches him in potentially the 3rd round but certainly by the 4th. He was obviously very high up their board in general and certainly among more highly hyped DL's (by the media). While they could have risked waiting and probably had a 50-50 shot at him still being available late in the 3rd round at their pick, it wasn't a risk they were willing to take. The Broncs took another NATS player with a very high ceiling who went earlier than most expected and look at where he is today - Bay Bay Thomas.

White could be an absolute steal in the 6th round. I think the UDFA with the best chance to make the team is Golden with Atlanta. He brings a skill set and experience which includes special teams and that can be an added plus for a guy who may be borderline when the Turk makes his final call at the end of August.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT