ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft Thread

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
The draft is a few weeks away towards the end of the month (April 28-30), but thought I'd start a thread to heat up any discussions, mock drafts, features, etc.

For starters, here is a "Can't Miss Prospects" feature on defensive tackles where Adam Gotsis gets some love starting around the 2:50 mark of the video... http://www.redskins.com/media-galle...-Tackles/543f01cb-5093-480d-b0f9-9ffbb9dd77ed

Most mocks I've seen have Adam going around the 5th round. I agree with the analyst in the video that some club is going to get a steal in this draft if he falls that far in particular.

Side note, the month of April is very busy for the NFL. The preseason schedule should be released at the end of this week and the regular season schedule release is projected some time between April 19 and 21.

And now from the Admit It, You Just Couldn't Wait For This file...

...the NFL will release the preseason schedule today at 4pmET.

Now, release your enthusiasm.

the-new-phone-book-s-here-o.gif

(note to self...ask [21 year old] daughter if she knows what a phone book is)

Here's the Falcons 2016 picks. The need D-linemen but more DE pass rushers, maybe 3rd or 4th round they might pick him? #81 seems a little high in the 3rd round.

Round 1: Pick 17
Round 2: Pick 50
Round 3: Pick 81
Round 4: Pick 115
Round 7: Pick 238

Reactions: Buzzforlife
NFL just tweeted that the regular season schedule will be released tomorrow (Thu., April 14)...which is about 1 week earlier than most expected.

Likely around 8pm when both ESPN and NFL Network will release live and dissect the heck out of things.

Blockbuster trade just occurred... Titties trade the overall #1 pick to the Los Angeles Rams

Blockbuster trade just occurred... Titties trade the overall #1 pick to the Los Angeles Rams

Tennessee will send the top selection along with its fourth- (No. 113) and sixth-round (No. 177) picks this year to the Rams in exchange for Los Angeles' first-round pick (No. 15), two second-round selections (Nos. 43 and 45) and a third-round pick (No. 76) in 2016. The Titans also will get the Rams' first- and third-round picks in 2017.
:eek:

Sep. 22, Thursday, Clemson travels to Tech...assuming 7:30 kickoff on ESPN.

Sep. 22, Thursday, now announced...Texans at Patriots 8:25 kickoff on CBS & NFL Network

Boldin is now gone. They return Torrey Smith. New HC in Chip Kelly. Could open the opportunity even more with potentially a more level playing field for all competing for time. If DS can come out of the chute making plays, he could be a key contributor for the rebuilding Niners this upcoming season if not perhaps even a starter.

Hope White finds the best opportunity for his career. Sometimes sitting back and learning behind a good veteran is best for new players.

Eagles and Browns trade picks. Eagles get 2 and Browns get 5.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ng-No-2-pick-Eagles-likely-trade-partner.html

The Eagles on Wednesday acquired the No. 2 overall pick from the Cleveland Browns, putting them in position to select one of the top two quarterbacks in the draft.

They gave up the No. 8 pick, a third-round pick (No. 77), a fourth-round pick (No. 100), a 2017 first-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick. The Eagles also received a 2017 fourth-round pick back in the deal.​

Eagles and Browns trade picks. Eagles get 2 and Browns get 5.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...ng-No-2-pick-Eagles-likely-trade-partner.html

The Eagles on Wednesday acquired the No. 2 overall pick from the Cleveland Browns, putting them in position to select one of the top two quarterbacks in the draft.

They gave up the No. 8 pick, a third-round pick (No. 77), a fourth-round pick (No. 100), a 2017 first-round pick, and a 2018 second-round pick. The Eagles also received a 2017 fourth-round pick back in the deal.​

So the Eagles are paying big money to Bradford and Chase Daniel, and know likely to Carson Wentz. Who needs draft picks when you are using all your cap space on 3 QBs?

DRUNK BUDDIES

Looks to me to be a good move by the Browns. They have needs everywhere more than an overpriced QB.

Looks to me to be a good move by the Browns. They have needs everywhere more than an overpriced QB.

They need to find someone to make the picks. You and I and the rest of the past mock drafters would do a better job than the Browns have recently.

They need to find someone to make the picks. You and I and the rest of the past mock drafters would do a better job than the Browns have recently.
This is true for sure. Browns have mis-handled more draft picks than the Falcons recently, but only by a couple.

So the Eagles are paying big money to Bradford and Chase Daniel, and know likely to Carson Wentz. Who needs draft picks when you are using all your cap space on 3 QBs?

DRUNK BUDDIES
Of the 2 top QBs everyone is talking about, which one is a can't miss type of player? I think next year's QB picks might be better long term NFL players. But it is hard to know.

Of the 2 top QBs everyone is talking about, which one is a can't miss type of player? I think next year's QB picks might be better long term NFL players. But it is hard to know.

No one is truly a can't miss player in reality since everyone is an injury away from being a bust. Goff probably has a floor of multi-year starter (Sanchez, Bradford level or so) and a high ceiling. Wentz is probably just below that.

I'm looking forward to *MY* Redskins taking a punter in the first round. Or, we will trade away our 1st rounder for a 7th round pick in 2041.

Oh, wait. We have a legit GM now. Times have changed. Woops.

Nevermind.

Rock Horns

I'm looking forward to *MY* Redskins taking a punter in the first round. Or, we will trade away our 1st rounder for a 7th round pick in 2041.

Oh, wait. We have a legit GM now. Times have changed. Woops.

Nevermind.

Rock Horns
I'm looking for the Falcons to blow it again.

No one is truly a can't miss player in reality since everyone is an injury away from being a bust. Goff probably has a floor of multi-year starter (Sanchez, Bradford level or so) and a high ceiling. Wentz is probably just below that.
obviously injuries are part of the unknown. Like RGIII, wasn't the same after his.

NFL coaches are always chasing potential. It would be interesting sometimes to hear their evaluations. QBs are the guys who drive success and the contracts seem to be hurting franchises a lot when they miss.

OMG!!!

Josh Norman just signed with *MY* Redskins.

Wow!!

Huge get as we desperately needed help at corner. Now, this changes the focus of our draft.

Trade pick #21 down to get more picks. Nice!!!

Woohoo!!

OMG!!!

Josh Norman just signed with *MY* Redskins.

Wow!!

Huge get as we desperately needed help at corner. Now, this changes the focus of our draft.

Trade pick #21 down to get more picks. Nice!!!

Woohoo!!

Nice pick up for a screamin' need. Maybe your Redskins won't draft a punter early this year.

Crazy thoughts, I know.

BANANA SPLITS

Here you go brother. A place to hear Redskins pre-draft information and listen to your new hoop coach at Tech speak on the same show(SportsKing):

I'll be looking for a review? Please?

Edited: Realizing Crowder played WR at Duke...might not be privy to Thursday's Draft knowledge....it was a teaser!

Here you go brother. A place to hear Redskins pre-draft information and listen to your new hoop coach at Tech speak on the same show(SportsKing):

I'll be looking for a review? Please?

Edited: Realizing Crowder played WR at Duke...might not be privy to Thursday's Draft knowledge....it was a teaser!

Thanks for the heads up, mate. Unfortunately, I'll have to miss it as SWMBO and I are driving up tomorrow morning to Pennsylvania to spend some time with our son on his 28th birthday.

Have a safe trip, let us know if he is working on giving us an early verbal with any of your grandchildren. I mean at 28 let's get her done, as Larry the Cable guy would say.

Stech tells me if they can't speak yet, we can take a verbal by proxy.

Notice who this respected NFL mock drafter has as his top 2 picks in the 2017 draft...

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017.php

Tech faces each of them in consecutive weeks on Grant Field this upcoming fall.

Note, there are 4 others on our schedule projected in the 1st round as well.

While I don't think Vad Lee will get drafted this weekend, I do think he will sign as a UDFA with somebody and get a chance to show what he can do. I wish the best for him. His foot injury towards the end of last season denied him the chance to do anything at pro days, etc., for any scouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT