ADVERTISEMENT

Lady J's WNIT Thread

Syracuse blew Washington away last night by 21. The Orange will likely get killed by UConn Tuesday evening, but great accomplishment by them to make it to the championship game.

This is the 3rd year in a row the ACC (ND past 2 years + Cuse this year) has had a team in the national title game.

Since 2009, now-ACC members Notre Dame (4 times), Louisville (2 times) and Syracuse (1 time) have been in the title game 7 of the last 8 years. Talk about adding power to an already loaded conference.

UConn has of course won 5 of the last 7 titles including the last 3. And, they will be heavily favored to do it again Tuesday night.

Yep. Pretty sure UConn's second five would be ranked in the top 10 if they could. All 4 Final Four semifinal games were blowouts in the MBB + WBB. I won't be surprised at all if the championship games are blowouts either - I am expecting it in the WBB game though hoping Cuse can at least make a game of it in the 2nd half. I think tonight's MBB game should be way more competitive than the semis were Saturday night...well, hoping it will be entertaining.

I've been saying for quite some time that Syracuse was the best team we played all year. I wish them all the best tomorrow vs. UConn.

I watched the WNIT finals on Saturday and was impressed by both FGCU and South Dakota. Both solid teams. I was especially impressed by the 7-thousand fans that SD drew to the game. Man, it just makes me sad we don't get more support for GTWBB. I really don't know what the answer to that one is.. people in Atlanta just have too many other options for their time and entertainment dollar.

I've said it several times, if you can't beat them, join them. Marketing means start with the Retirement Homes/Buildings, work towards Church groups. Plenty more after that, with over 5 million people within our radius. True that almost 4, 991, 000 have almost no interest. That leaves 9k to fight the usual 500 for the seats on Sunday and Thursday nights.

Had three directors ready to bring hundreds in McCamish. Theresa dropped the ball. It was too easy.

This is sadly what it has become...300+ teams in the nation are playing for where Cuse is right now...2nd place and the right to be killed by UConn in the final. Sad but true.

The French picked up a big - and I mean big - commit from 6'9" post Felicia Aiyeotan, who was a high school teammate of Ciani Cryor from Philly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT