ADVERTISEMENT

Jose Alvarado, please come on down....

tumblr_inline_nlu6okOv5u1rnh8ob.gif

tumblr_li40vjL1j71qhsdh9o1_500.gif

tumblr_nodalt34gz1rdkhz0o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_m2su7wfSRR1qhlnuu.gif

BFL, Jr. has the same shirt:

Glad I was wrong, listening to the NY papers! After his visit, we all thought we had him. Hence, this thread to try to seal it-if he happened upon us.

Now we need Jose to become a recruiter to help CJP land Jordan Nwora. Let's get this recruiting snowball rolling baaaaabyyyyy!

In all seriousness, I think getting a commit from a recruit like Alvarado early is a really big deal for Pastner. He has a lot of scholarships to give and tons of playing time to promise, but to attract top talent he has to make the case that GT can be competitive quickly. This is about as good of a start as I could possibly imagine for CJP.

Hopefully, Herb Jones has a great visit this weekend. If we can land 2 or 3 or 4 among Jones, Nwora, Hammonds, and Obiagu, in addition to of course Alvarado...and, as they say "we are cooking."

Just like as they say in the game of beesball, I've always thought in hoops you've got to be strong up the middle. And by that, I mean it starts with a smart point guard who is your coach on the court along with an enforcer down low. That is, a guy who blocks and alters shots defensively. Obiagu fits that enforcement role perfectly. Hopefully, JA can help us attract Obiagu.

Totally agree, and in basketball fortunes can change with just one recruiting class. I've been astounded at how quickly CJP has been able to get big names considering GT. I really didn't expect much for the 2017 class, but now I'm cautiously optimistic about a quicker than expected turnaround.

Buzzforlife, you are now perfect on your "please come on down..." threads for CJP. Keep up the good work Brother!!!!

Thinking Ray. Hammonds could end up at Ala., hope that chatter is misguiding(Norcross camp)-glad we have backup plans at all positions. The fortunate part of the rebuild is with many open slots, you can recruit to talent instead of position only.

Totally agree with the point and the pivot, JT.

Mr. Texwood, I've been thinking all day about starting another come-on-down thread. Called an AAU friend who is neutral, local and asked him who he thought we had a shot with in Metro Atlanta? Answer was the same as who I was thinking about & maybe dreaming for. May this not "bee" a jinx! I'll delete if you should ask me to do it. Bless you Brother and the other Brother's!!

Per Scout.com-

The decision was not an easy one for Jose. "As it got closer to the date and time that I set it made me realize how hard it was reaching my decision. Choosing Georgia Tech was the best decision for me.” Jose felt in his heart that he had made the right decision. “A lot of people thought I was going to go to Rutgers or Seton Hall but in the end, Georgia Tech was the best fit for me."
The official visit to Tech last month was one of the deciding factors that led to Jose choosing Tech. “It just felt like the best spot for me both athletically and academically.” Jose felt comfortable with the coaches and the players. “Ever since my visit, I saw playing in the ACC as a great opportunity."

Jose felt that Coach Pastner and his staff would get the best out of him and help him to turn around the program. “Coach Pastner is tireless. It showed in his recruitment of me.” Alvarado was impressed with the way the Tech staff came in and did a great job of recruiting him in a short amount of time.
Coach Pastner has let Alvarado know that he wants him to be an impact player. Tech wants Jose to take charge and run the team. “He told me the ACC is the best conference in basketball and that it takes a special point guard with toughness and floor leadership to be a starter in the ACC. He says he expects that from me and he expects me to score (laughing). Jose feels that he is mentally and physically tough and he also feels he has the leadership qualities that Tech wants from him.
Now that he has committed to Tech, look for Jose to sign his letter of intent in November. "I can't wait to be the first recruit to sign with Coach Pastner."
Jose will now put on his recruiting hat. He wants the 2017 class to be the one that lays the foundation for the future. “I have several players that I’ll be talking to about coming in with me.” Vermont Academy recruit Jordan Nwora will be one of those players. "I know I will be talking to Jordan Nwora as much as I can. We talk a lot on Twitter. I’ll be hitting him up as much as I can."
Jose’s family is very happy with the decision. "They couldn't be happier for me. They all feel I made the right and best decision.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT