ADVERTISEMENT

GTWBB, 2016-2017 Season

Hey mate, I'm going with 19-10/9-7 heading into the ACCT. On the NCAAT bubble. A win at the ACCT might get us over the hump. Our pre-ACC schedule is a bit stronger than the past few years and I'm glad to see it. That should help our RPI...especially if we can win some road games early. Teams like Princeton at home will win a ton of games and be a likely NCAAT team. Same for Middle Tennessee (who we play on the road). Need to win those games and the ones in the Caribbean.

Really looking forward to it. I'll be listening to Richard quite a bit this season since so few games will be televised/streamed. I always enjoy his calls, just miss the video. I think this season I may do a top 5 or 10 list of my favorite WREK commercials. I mean, no offense to Richard, but isn't that REALLY why we tune into the games for anyway? Richard is just a break between the commercials. :D

Reactions: beesball.com
Please put the DeSoto hour in there for me. It's a mellow break from all of that wake you up, blast you out of your set volume tone making the radio fall off the table, having to put it back together in a surgical way, while missing the next hoop with Richard, dilemma I face every season.

I told BFL,Jr. the Lady J's are winning 20 this year. Put me down for 21-8 and 10-6. Love the chemistry....think we go dancing. Really looking forward to having a Center since Sasha Goodlet, with competent reserves. Love the two forwards starting. We can work out the guard play. Got your little pepperpot Imani Tilford back again. You spotted her 622 times prior to me, as I was Cryor-ing with Sydney Wallace.

I'm really looking for Double-E to be an active force from Game 1. Hoping Z is back 100% healthy with her knee (and I think she is) and back to her excellent freshman form from 2 seasons ago. Those 2 will absolutely get after it in the paint. It is time for Z to expand her offensive awareness. IOW, know when to pitch out to open shooters when doubled on the block instead of being a bull against 2 defenders and coming up with an empty possession on a low percentage force of a shot.

I am stoked to see the backcourt and wings. This is as much quality depth as CMJ has had in several years. We will definitely miss RR and AW, but think there is enough upperclassmen and a grad transfer to help 4th-year Kat lead this team.

Can't wait.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Joseph thinks this year’s squad could go 10 deep. Her opinion is based upon the team’s performances in the closed scrimmages.
She thinks Zaire O’Neil will develop into one of the top 10 players in the ACC. The junior averaged 6.6 points and 3 rebounds last season. O’Neil could be the leading scorer, one of as many as four who could score at least 10 points every game.
Francesca Pan has the potential to be one of the five best freshmen in the conference because of her ability to play multiple positions and skill to score from the 3-point line, at the rim, or mid-range. Pan is a 6-foot-1 guard from Italy, one of the eight countries on Tech’s roster.
Joseph likes the diversity of the roster. She has challenged them to confront each other and hold each other accountable. She said the players on the team like each other. “So much diversity coming together is a beautiful thing,” she said. The other countries are: Anne Francoise Diouf from Senegal, Katarina Vuckovic from Serbia, Elo Edeferioka from Nigeria, Simina Avram from Romania, Chelsea Guimaraes from Portugal, Antonia Peresson, who is also from Italy, and several players from the U.S.
Kaylan Pugh could be another difference-maker. Tech should hear on Friday if Pugh will be eligible after transferring from Ohio State to take care of a family member. If the NCAA doesn’t grant the request, Joseph said Pugh, a 5-9 guard, should be eligible by the Alabama game on Dec. 17. “If Pugh is eligible, that’s a whole other level,” Joseph said.

Only 12 unbeaten teams left(GT, is one of them)....nationally ranked Michigan comes to the Pav. tonight for the challenge!

Zaire injured her foot in the Bahamas, according to Coach Willis' "Chalk Talk" before the Michigan game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT