ADVERTISEMENT

GTWBB, 2016-2017 Season

Regarding the schedule, a few notes...

• Hoping a LOT of these ACC games are streamed live via ACC Network Extra
  • Pretty certain the home game against the Cesspool will be streamed live via ACCNE...hoping the same for games like Michigan and Princeton as well...in truth, they should near all be streamed live if the ACCNE streaming package will be anything like SECN+
  • Road game at Bama should be streamed live at minimum via SECN+
  • Road game at Kennesaw State may be streamed live via A-Sun.tv
  • Opening day on Nov. 11 probably features a DH with MBB
  • When the Junkanoo Jam released the schedule originally, it said the winner of Tech-Dayton will play the winner of Creighton-Missouri on Sat., Nov. 26, at 3:15
  • Will be interesting to see where they relocate the ACC Tournament...I'm selfishly hoping at UVA

Regarding the schedule, a few notes...

• Hoping a LOT of these ACC games are streamed live via ACC Network Extra
  • Pretty certain the home game against the Cesspool will be streamed live via ACCNE...hoping the same for games like Michigan and Princeton as well...in truth, they should near all be streamed live if the ACCNE streaming package will be anything like SECN+
  • Road game at Bama should be streamed live at minimum via SECN+
  • Road game at Kennesaw State may be streamed live via A-Sun.tv
  • Opening day on Nov. 11 probably features a DH with MBB
  • When the Junkanoo Jam released the schedule originally, it said the winner of Tech-Dayton will play the winner of Creighton-Missouri on Sat., Nov. 26, at 3:15
  • Will be interesting to see where they relocate the ACC Tournament...I'm selfishly hoping at UVA

Does C'Ville have enough hotel space to host 14 other schools -- plus whoever is in town to play UVA in baseball, etc?

No question there are plenty of rooms for fans.

I actually need to amend my comment to say enough hotels with the ability to cater in-house team meals, etc. that each individual school does as normal business these days. The Omni is Tech's current go to in Charlottesville, probably the same choice as for many of the other 13 schools. There would generally be two or three teams in a single hotel in Greensboro. Need to have at least five hotels that power five programs feel fit their image.

I can only think of one other hotel in Charlottesville that we have used in the last decade. And there have been others over the years that we once used that I can't imagine any program in the ACC now staying in. Then again, there are a couple of new ones that seemed to have opened as well that could perhaps fit the role.

There are plenty to do those kinds of things. Most teams stay at the Doubletree these days.

I'm just hopeful they find a place where it will be supported. My fear of going to a place like Gwinnett or Clemson's new coliseum is will the fans come out. UVa, as you know, will support it with locals - though their home women's crowds have gotten smaller over the years towards the end of the Ryan era and into this current regime who, like Tech, has been pushed down to middling in the ACC nowadays. Outside of the state of NC, Charlottesville seems like the next best thing in terms of 1) being a center area for fans to travel to and 2) having the fan interest to follow.

Other options of course are to go to South Bend where there should be plenty of local support, but not as easy for most all of the schools to get to. Or, go crazy and have it at the Carrier Dome. I personally think they should do it in Vegas. At a middle school gym works. :D

Schedule update...

...Dec. 17, Sat., game at Alabama will tip at 3pmET/2pmCT and will be streamed live via SEC Network Plus.

The players attended the financial portion of the Total Person Concept today.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ACC HC's pick Lady J's to finish 8th in the ACC. 8th in the loaded ACC should at minimum mean on the NCAAT bubble. We'll see.

Link: http://www.seminoles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=32900&ATCLID=211220553

The top seven went in the same pattern in both polls, with Notre Dame predicted to win the conference. Louisville followed in second, then FSU, national runner-up Syracuse, Miami, Duke and NC State.

In the Blue Ribbon Panel, UNC was selected eighth, followed by Georgia Tech, Virginia, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, Boston College and Clemson. The ACC head coaches chose Georgia Tech eighth, then UNC, Virginia, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Pittsburgh and Clemson.

More... http://www.hokiesports.com/wbasketball/recaps/20161012aaa.html

Last edited:
Excellent. Myrtle Beach makes for a nice trip for those attending. Lots to do there. More than Greensboro that's for sure.

rr.com has updated some of the WBB schedule to designate some games for TV and/or ACC Network Extra live streaming... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/geot-w-baskbl-sched.html

• already reported in this thread, but now shows the Cesspool game (Nov 20) on ACCNE
  • (new) Michigan home game (Dec 1) now shown as ACCNE
  • (new) Notre Dame home game (Jan 2) now shown as ACCNE (side note, yesterday the Irish were voted preseason #1 in the nation for the first time in program history)
  • (new) Clemson home game (Feb 23) now shown as ACCNE
Also note...

• Kennesaw State road game (Nov 16) not shown at rr.com as ESPN-3, but WatchESPN and KSU websites have that listed as will be streamed live via ESPN-3
  • Alabama road game (Dec 17) not shown at rr.com as SEC Network Plus, but WatchESPN and Alabama websites have that listed as will be streamed live via SECN+
Additional comment...

I'm very disappointed that our live video streaming offerings for Lady J's games aren't any better. I was hopeful with the addition of the ACC Network Extra thing that we'd come near all home games being streamed - just like the SEC Network Plus thing does for the SEC programs. And, with the recent news that the All-Access PPV package is disallowed to stream these games, it makes it even more depressing for those of us far away in particular who want to see the games. I shouldn't be surprised though because I don't think the current regime at the GTAA cares about women's sports at all. And, their communications about the All-Access PPV package not streaming live video is unethical while going against how they market the package. Just wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT