ADVERTISEMENT

GTMBB Recruiting, 2017.

“I would say right now it’s Georgia, Georgia Tech and the top two would be Duke and Harvard,” Carter’s father, Wendell Carter Sr. said Tuesday. “That would be the frontrunners. We’re going to throw Georgia and Georgia Tech in just because it’s the hometown and we’ll take a look at it. You never know.”

Rayshaun Hammonds with his family for an unofficial visit to G.T. on Thursday night, Sept. 22 for football game. Met with CDL and seated next to CJP.

Top 50...in addition to the in-home this morning with Pitino and his parents, Texas Tech has recently put a full-court press on him offering specific playing time.

Look for 2017's No. 89 ranked player, forward Jordan Nwora, to wait until the spring to make his decision. A sharp shooting senior at Saxton's River (Vt.) Vermont Academy, Nwora is a deadeye shooter capable of playing the three or the four, and he's been the rage with college coaches of late. Though he's yet to set any official visits or even set a formal list, both California and Georgia Tech look well-positioned to eventually get officials. Louisville's Rick Pitino is doing an in-home on Monday and others involved include Oklahoma State, Florida, Maryland, UCLA, Utah and Texas Tech, just to name a few.

National signing day for the early-November period is only a little over 5 weeks away (Nov. 9...Wednesday...day after General Election Day). Here's hoping 1 or 2 studs will join Jose Alvarado and ink with the Jackets.

fingerscrossed.png

I hope so. Would be a helluva pump of adrenaline for this recruiting class...and the program's rebuilding efforts in general.

We have immediate playing time available to offer. Hopefully, he has a great time on campus and leaves as a commit...or soon.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I wonder 2 things from that article...

1. How long will it be before Auburn is on NCAA probation?

2. In this day and age (look at UNC still without any significant penalties), will the NCAA even investigate or go through with any probation of Auburn?

These days, it is becoming more and more alarming to me that programs are pretty much sticking their tongues out at the NCAA and doing whatever they want. The NCAA is fearful of the programs (and lawyers) now. And, of course, the NCAA has better things to do with its investigative time like placing Eastern Montana Catholic College for Transvestite's Archery team on 3 years probation for providing a quarter of a scholarship over its allotted maximum. Never mind Auburn basketball cheating or Alabama football or the entire UNC Chapel Hell athletic program for the past 2 decades (and probably more).

I was thinking pretty much the same last night while watching the debate on one screen and WNBA on the other....along comes the prompter at the bottom with Rick Pitino news, he thinks no penalties forthcoming after the self-imposed Louisville ones. The NCAA reached for comment, said it has not closed the case. Maybe when they do clear them, he can start another affair-fairly certain Petrino can pimp for him. Smiley face inserted here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT