ADVERTISEMENT

Game 11 Microscope: Miami Hurricanes

60% chance of t'storms at kickoff Saturday with showers throughout the day and over 1/2 inch of rain expected throughout the day. My ceiling of 15K bodies in stadium now is lowered to 12.5K.

I think Melanie's daughter is listed as questionable. That damn case of cooties is a beyatch.

I think the game Saturday may answer the age-old question "if a team scores a TD at a Hurricanes' home game, does anybody hear it?"

15,000 max in the stadium I betcha.
Put her in coach. She's ready to play. I'll warn you that she plays DIRTY. She is not afraid to kick someone where it hurts, follow it up with a wedgie, and then step on a dude while he is curled up in the fetal position, holding his bits. Whatever it takes. I don't know where she gets it from, but HWMO says he knows and it ain't him. She might be the secret weapon we've needed all season. She's deceptively small, but shifty and sneaky as heck. You'll never find her hidden can of Stick-em. Her nickname is Hurricane (first name).

I noticed a flag on my profile today with a 21 next to it.
After reading Mel's dissertation, I'm willing to give her some of those flaggings.
You go gal! You're the one!

Just a note, today is Friday. I hope everybody enjoyed their extra 2 days of sleep to get back to standard time.

More $ rolling in on the Jackets...line has moved to Jackets favored by 2.5. Boggles the mind, but hopefully the Wise Guys know something.

More $ rolling in on the Jackets...line has moved to Jackets favored by 2.5. Boggles the mind, but hopefully the Wise Guys know something.
Yes I used your credit card to place a $100,000 bet on Tech.

To the offense:

th

to the defense:

th

Depth chart: http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...pdf/2015-16/depth_chart_event/depth_chart.pdf

4 senior starters in the D-backfield...3 seniors starting in the other 18 O/D starting positions...0 seniors on D-Line (anymore)

Assuming no attrition, we will have 9 returning starters on offense next year and 7 on defense (I am conveniently stretching it to consider Brant Mitchell a starter at ILB instead of Marcordes). Butker and Rodwell return for their senior seasons as well.

Might as well say 10 starters on offense, because Chris Griffin was one before the injury. If E. Joe gets an NCAA approval, that could be 11.

Might as well say 10 starters on offense, because Chris Griffin was one before the injury. If E. Joe gets an NCAA approval, that could be 11.

Keep going. We need about 14 or 15.

This goes back to stech81's brilliant 4-6-5 defensive scheme he got CTR to deploy down the stretch last year.

From what I've seen in about 80% of the games against P5 competition, I think we should go with a 6-6-6. 3 more bodies might, and I stress "might", give us a better shot to actually tackle a ball carrier (npi). And, if nothing else, a 6-6-6 scheme might, and I stress "might", just scare the beejeezus out of the opposition.

Miami, you recall, will not run out of the shotgun because if you say 'shotgun' around the Miami team, they all run to scramble for cover.

Btw, on a related note to 6-6-6, I've been reading up on voodoo. Built a little Mark Richt doll, spray tanned it of course, and will practice it by poking little needles into it Saturday night while they are playing the best team in the state of Georgia to see if it works. If you see him bending over in pain, it could be my plan working...or, it could be GI problems he is experiencing from watching his shitty offense.

From what I've seen in about 80% of the games against P5 competition, I think we should go with a 6-6-6. 3 more bodies might, and I stress "might", give us a better shot to actually tackle a ball carrier (npi). And, if nothing else, a 6-6-6 scheme might, and I stress "might", just scare the beejeezus out of the opposition.

Miami, you recall, will not run out of the shotgun because if you say 'shotgun' around the Miami team, they all run to scramble for cover.

Btw, on a related note to 6-6-6, I've been reading up on voodoo. Built a little Mark Richt doll, spray tanned it of course, and will practice it by poking little needles into it Saturday night while they are playing the best team in the state of Georgia to see if it works. If you see him bending over in pain, it could be my plan working...or, it could be GI problems he is experiencing from watching his shitty offense.
I agree a 6-6-6 would be better, do we have enough players ?

th

th

Counting Melanie's daughter, we may be able to field 18 players on defense. Well, that is, if she doesn't transfer out or quit for the season.

Reactions: Melanie1
Melanie calls her daughter "Hurricane", and after having two more players "blow" us off to "concentrate" on their studies, we need to keep our "heads up high"!

These next two teams probably have 420 players between both teams. We have players with 420 between dorms and apartments.

Reactions: Melanie1
The Hurricane (GT version) might draw some personal foul flags if someone isn't distracting the refs. That's what the other 17 players can do. The football won't be the ball the center and quarterback will have their hands on when she's done with them. :);):oops:

Reactions: Buzzforlife
I've got Hurricane listed at 7 1/2 stars at the moment. If she stays on defense, that of course gives her an extra star in my book. Maybe 2. With continued improvement, I figure by 8th grade she'll be up to around 13 or 13 1/2 stars.

Of course, if she signs with Tech, that boosts her up to 15+ stars which is in AJ Gray territory (Calvin Johnson would've been up there too but he played offense...so screw him). If she chooses elsewhere, then she drops to a 1 star. If she chooses the Cesspool, her parents may be persecuted.

My heart says Good Guys get over a hump today and get some much needed breaks to win a close one, 24-21. My mind says another frustrating close loss where the offense shoots itself in the foot over and over, 28-21. I hope my heart is right.

I've watched Miami play a couple of times this year and their defense is woefully lacking when it comes to gap integrity against the run. If that holds to form, our offense should have a good game. That probably means the defense will suck donkey balls today because that's how we roll - if one unit performs, the other blows. That said, I have to believe there will be at least one game this season in which all three units show up to play. Hoping for the win, expecting disappointment.

Ummm....I think I'd give Milton some help there. Miami can score any time they want on a play like that.

I wanted to see JM play but did not want to see JT hurt. Looking bad for next week.

He was supposed to play on goal line opportunities this week. You can see why, he looks quicker than Byerly taking the quick snap and excellerating.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT