ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. Football Recruiting, 2017, (24).

Brenton King
1st Team All-American K by MaxPreps. C/o 17' MILL CREEK HT:6'0 WT: 169 | 3.61 GPA| 31 FGs Made| 165 T-Backs | Old Dominion University commit |

Reactions: Texwood
Good to get a DT commit! Hopefully we get the kid from Hawaii to join him. Brenton King looks like a great plan B to me!

Antwan Owens looked at for the inside....
http://georgiatech.blog.ajc.com/2017/01/24/tech-class-looking-better-after-hectic-two-days/
....Bulovas to 'Bama if they offer, Missy. St. if they don't.

Brenton King on G.T.:
“They offered me a preferred walk on earlier in the year and then they offered the full ride (on Monday),” King said. “It took about 10 seconds (to accept.)”
“I’m excited to kick with Coach Roof because I guess I created a bond with him,” King said. “I think it’s the most important thing on any football team is if you can respect your head coach and from everything I’ve seen and heard everyone loves the head coach there and they really respect him greatly.”

(Moderator Buzzfan, appreciate your service on here. Especially when encouraging me to post by saying "please". A forgotten word in this day and age. Need PM's on here, someone to immediately filter spam daily and others who "want" to join us!).

Last edited:
These next few weeks are going to be a whirl wind of activity on the recruiting trail.

I hope to see GT grab another highly regarded player and several more solid college players (3*)

This was posted in the PWO thread on Jan. 8(just to let you know what can be lurking in there)....

CLO trying to flip an Old Dominion for a Zell?
KING –
@Brenton_King_37
1st Team All-American K by MaxPreps. C/o 17' MILL CREEK HT:6'0 WT: 169 | 3.61 GPA| 31 FGs Made| 165 T-Backs | Old Dominion University commit |
Hoschton, GA·hudl.com/v/hKrTF

....and yes I know we have an abundant number of kickers coming in. Some want a great local education on a pretty good team/program?

17 Buzzforlife, Jan 8, 2017

Is Miami out of the picture for Tariq?
They didn't offer after his visit. He's still a fallback for them and as you probably know, 'Canes are his sweet spot. My hope is the bonding with Owens & this Tech crowd buzzing around him will make him feel special.

My info. today is what I can dig out and my hoops guy advising me on football, bless his heart. I asked him to find out more on Owens. My main buddy left the R.O. & our recent talks are about land speculation because he knows I have an appraisers license. Time for me to help him a little. Another friend is on the road, as our next luncheon on campus together is after signing day. I'll stoke the pavement at the Basketball game, if BFL, Jr. doesn't keep me in the Bookstore all night. Fun time with the next 3-7 commits coming in. I guess we can even blueshirt an 8th one towards next year, if this week brings in "surprise visitors" who pledge? I only expect 5 more, though.

They didn't offer after his visit. He's still a fallback for them and as you probably know, 'Canes are his sweet spot. My hope is the bonding with Owens & this Tech crowd buzzing around him will make him feel special.

My info. today is what I can dig out and my hoops guy advising me on football, bless his heart. I asked him to find out more on Owens. My main buddy left the R.O. & our recent talks are about land speculation because he knows I have an appraisers license. Time for me to help him a little. Another friend is on the road, as our next luncheon on campus together is after signing day. I'll stoke the pavement at the Basketball game, if BFL, Jr. doesn't keep me in the Bookstore all night. Fun time with the next 3-7 commits coming in. I guess we can even blueshirt an 8th one towards next year, if this week brings in "surprise visitors" who pledge? I only expect 5 more, though.

Thanks for the insight Buzzforlife, 25 would be a solid recovery by the staff after the heavy attrition since season's end. Keep an eye out for MJ Walker and Jordan Tucker at the game tomorrow night!

Reactions: Buzzforlife
Buzzforlife, do you know if these Max Prep statistics are correct on Bulovas and King?

Joseph Bulovas 11 of 25 on FGs (3 of 9 his senior year)
Brenton King 31 of 40 on FGs (11 of 14 his senior year)

Last edited:
Bulovas-
In 2015, he was 13-18 in FG's, avgd. 45 y.p.punt(Max Preps had 7-14 in FG's).
In 2016(Sr. Yr.), I'm researching.

King-Looks accurate!

More Bulovas stats.:
STATISTICS
Statistic 2014 Varsity Te 2013 Junior Var
Games played 13 8
Completion percentage 60%
Passing yards 1,500
Touchdown passes 11
Average kickoff distance 70 65
Long field goal 52 40
Touchback percentage 90% 75