ADVERTISEMENT

G.T. 2018, 19, 20, 21, 22.WBB Recruiting, (5)Commitments.

Decatholete, Jen Hoover of WF offered her. She has camped at Furman. Trials out at Colorado for 16U, previously. Certainly there is more, but I believe her strength is in long range shooting for hoops.

Thanks for the heads up. Great to see a '19 commit. Rising soph. Getting earlier and earlier these days. Hopefully not too early.

I guess the three S.C. Juniors are being heavily recruited by W.F., Clem., G.T. for a reason. They see an opening with Dawn Staley not having room for all 3 of 'em.

I expect Coach Jo to start focusing in hard on post players for the '18 and '19 classes. We are in great shape as far as quality depth for this season and next ('17-'18).

Having said that, the '17-'18 season will have 5 of 6 post spots as Jr's (2) or Sr's (3) assuming no attrition takes place and at the current view leaving only Diouf as the returning post player heading into '18-'19. Way way far out into the future I realize, but just something to keep an eye on moving forward with these distant future signing classes.

Coach Jo got caught in a bit of a bind 2 or 3 years ago when she didn't have point guard depth which led to Sydney Wallace having to move from her natural 2-guard spot over to play PG. While Sydney did a great job (as expected), I think it wasn't optimal and Coach Jo won't let that happen again. When you look at how she has signed classes since, she has a PG in every class and looks that way into the future...

'14 signing class = Tilford
'15 signing class = Cryor
'16 signing class = Cook (and that was before Cryor transferred out)
'17 signing class committed = Cummings
'18 signing class committed = Sutton
'19 signing class committed = Nimmo (though she may be more of a combo guard and winds up at the 2)

2018-

Shalyse Smith (Tacoma, Wash.), Northside Swarm – 2018
Easily one of the biggest stock-risers of the second half of July was this 6-2 power forward. Smith quickly picked up an offer from Georgia Tech after coach Machelle Joseph sat on her game at Augusta Prep on Thursday evening. Her length, athleticism and rebounding allow her to make an impact regardless of the competition that she is facing. Her offensive skill set is rounding out as she is showing a nice spin move to score over her left shoulder. Smith’s defensive versatility is what could potentially have her contributing big minutes at Power 5 Conference School. She can block shots in the paint or double team the ball screen 25’ away from bucket.

6'4 2018 Elizabeth Dixon - Ridgeway HS - Memphis, TN - YouTube
YouTube › watch
Video for elizabeth dixon basketball
Duration: 1:39
Posted: Feb 3, 2016

Last edited:
Good range. Looked like she was playing against 4th graders at times.

Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing her in W&G one day in the future.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT