ADVERTISEMENT

FB: Spring Practice Thread

Format: Full pads with extended scrimmage period

Weather: high 50s, sunny with slight breeze

Today's Buzz: Practicing in full pads for the first time this spring, the Yellow Jackets spent the latter portion of this morning's session going 11-on-11 at Bobby Dodd Stadium. The offense and defense traded big plays throughout. Step Durham, Meiko Dotson and David Curry all recorded interceptions. A-back Austin McClellan scampered down the right sideline for a long touchdown run. Justin Thomas sliced through the middle of the defense and cut to the left corner for a score. Thomas later connected deep down the middle with Ricky Jeune, who eluded several defenders and picked up a key block by Brad Stewart to score. Backup kicker Shawn Davis ended today's practice with a 40-yard field goal.

OK thanks. Ken S article says Simmons is just taking a semester off and will be back. Strange.

Brant Mitchell taking more of a leadership role heading into his 2nd season... http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/article70115877.html

I really like this young man. Reminds me a lot of one of my favorite Jackets of all time, Ron Rogers. If he stays healthy, he could be one of the best linebackers to ever suit up for the Good Guys by time he's done.

Brant Mitchell taking more of a leadership role heading into his 2nd season... http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/sports/article70115877.html

I really like this young man. Reminds me a lot of one of my favorite Jackets of all time, Ron Rogers. If he stays healthy, he could be one of the best linebackers to ever suit up for the Good Guys by time he's done.

Brant looked like a LB to me last season. Like Daryl Smith did as a t-FR. He didn't look like an athlete playing LB or a DL playing LB, he looked like a LB. Had that nose for the ball. Great lateral movement. Low center.. waiting to strike.

He's going to be a good one.

I mentioned he reminds me of Ron Rogers, which is about as big of a compliment I can give him. But, he also reminds me of his position coach and coordinator...which perhaps is as good a compliment as well that can be given.

We have a lot of solid depth along the linebacking corps. I believe Curry and Alexander will also compete for playing time this year. I wonder if Cooksey has successfully bulked up during the offseason so he is more prepared to compete as well. I thought he looked a little skinny coming in as a T-Fr, but could be wrong.

I mentioned he reminds me of Ron Rogers, which is about as big of a compliment I can give him. But, he also reminds me of his position coach and coordinator...which perhaps is as good a compliment as well that can be given.

We have a lot of solid depth along the linebacking corps. I believe Curry and Alexander will also compete for playing time this year. I wonder if Cooksey has successfully bulked up during the offseason so he is more prepared to compete as well. I thought he looked a little skinny coming in as a T-Fr, but could be wrong.

We do have some good-looking young LB's these days. The three you mentioned in particular.

He reminds me of myself , no that is Shamire that reminds me of myself. Got to go get something to eat be back in a few hours.

Try not to eat any small children or adult midgets. We do have standards in our off-season fattening up programs to make BDS look more full.

I don't normally do the run-and-post thing about Cesspool FB players' law enforcement engagements like so many other Tech fans take pride in doing apparently. But, this time seems a little different.

Big Play Clay's son doesn't take long to get in trouble at the Cesspool along with another early enrollee... http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/sp...cle_96470800-00be-11e6-82f9-2bb98f1b7203.html

(didn't really have a good thread to put this in and certainly not worthy of a thread of its own so chose to put in here)

I don't normally do the run-and-post thing about Cesspool FB players' law enforcement engagements like so many other Tech fans take pride in doing apparently. But, this time seems a little different.

Big Play Clay's son doesn't take long to get in trouble at the Cesspool along with another early enrollee... http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/sp...cle_96470800-00be-11e6-82f9-2bb98f1b7203.html

(didn't really have a good thread to put this in and certainly not worthy of a thread of its own so chose to put in here)
I blame this on the liberal gun hating culture of the American education system. The same campus rule that covers this bb gun also covers spitballs and straws. Both are projectiles, really? According to their policy it is.

I see this as no different than the kindergartener a few years ago who eat his cheese sandwich into the form of a gun and waved it around at lunch. Remember when he was suspended from school...

Obviously what they did was reckless, but at the most take the bb gun and make the kids do community service.

I bet Nathan Deal signs that campus gun bill now.

I blame this on the liberal gun hating culture of the American education system. The same campus rule that covers this bb gun also covers spitballs and straws. Both are projectiles, really? According to their policy it is.

I see this as no different than the kindergartener a few years ago who eat his cheese sandwich into the form of a gun and waved it around at lunch. Remember when he was suspended from school...

Obviously what they did was reckless, but at the most take the bb gun and make the kids do community service.

I bet Nathan Deal signs that campus gun bill now.
Did they know you could shoot your eye out?

Hopefully after the youngster waved his cheese sandwich around, he finished it up.
Really "grills me" wasting perfectly good cheese. Don't like when it slips off my cracker as well.
Like right now.

In my school, the food was so bad the kids tossed it on the ground. No desire to make a weapon out of mystery meat. It was lethal without any help. Then a game of "kick-food" broke out in the cafeteria(lights out for a real challenge), like hockey, only ice is easier to skate on. Banana peels in the hallway from a homemade lunch.

How do they dare call this pick one item a breakfast in the morning? I make my son a three course, then he gets to school for breakfast, which he calls a snack.

I blame this on the liberal gun hating culture of the American education system.

I blame it on a couple of morons who are now in trouble with the law. Of course, their rep within the team and among Cesspool fans probably shot (no pun intended) way up. They definitely have taken little time to fit right in with their peers.

Really sad.

only a few positives so far. a few players are stepping up, which is always good. But the team needs more.

one positive is after identifying the weak spots, there are 4 months to set a plan to fix them and get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT