ADVERTISEMENT

Convert Sony A7s/A7s ii AVCHD fiels to Avid DNxHD MOV

Status
Not open for further replies.

julietzhu520

Aug 2, 2016
This page tells you to import and edit Sony a7S, a7S ii AVCHD files in Avid Media Composer without any problem (macOS Sierra included). Learn details.

Q: How do i import Sony Alpha a7s avchd in Media Composer 8.5.3
"I shoot video with a Sony a7s at 1920x1080. The camera generates AVCHD files with a file extension of .MTS. I have installed the latest AMA plug-in from Sony's website and the ones that Avid offers. But the newest version of Media Composer does not seem to link to it. Importing does not work either. I get prompted with the error "Invalid file name." The files are in AVCHD and am trying to import .MTS files within the Stream folder."

After serching, i know that Avid Media Composer is a type of computer software application known as a Non-linear editing system. The most compatible codec for Avid MC editing is DNxHD. So to solve the similiar issuses, the best solution here is to transcode Sony A7SAVCHD to DNxHD MOV format.

1394581886.jpg

To get the work done,BrorsoftMTS/M2TS Converter for Macis highly recommended. This allowed me to maintain both quality image and 6 channel audio. I researched for weeks and tried several other products, including TOP, Xilisoft, DVDfab, and some others. Brorsoft worked out to be the best fit of what I was looking for.

It works great. The result is fine and the workflow is easy. If you have problems when using MTS files in Avid Media Composer on Windows, please getMTS/M2TS Converter. Download the program and follow the guide below to edit Sony A7S AVCHD MTS in Avid Media Composer smoothly as you wish.

Quick-satrt guides for Editing MTS files:MTS files to iMovie
MTS files to Premiere
MTS files to Vegas Pro
Edit MTS files in Pinnacle Studio
Sony AVCHD MTS to Final Cut Pro

Guide: convert Sony Alpha A7S AVCHD to Avid Media Composer
Step 1:Download and install the program. Click “Add video” on the main interface to load MTS files to the program. You can also drag the files to the program’s window list directly. This program can also support the batch video clips.

sony-mts-to-adobe-premiere-steps-mac.gif

Step 2:Click "Settings" button, then you will be able to adjust audio and video parameters on the popup window to customize the output file quality. These adjustable parameters include codec, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate, and audio channel. You're advised to adjust the A/V parameters to be the same with source MTS files so as to bear least quality loss at proper file size.

sony-avchd-to-avid-settings.gif

Step 3:Click the convert button, the MTS to Avid converter will start encoding .mts/m2ts for importing to Avid Media Composer immediately.

Once the conversion is finished, you can click "Open" button to get the output files effortlessly, and now you are ready to import and edit MTS/M2TS files with Avid Media Composer 7/6/5/4 without any issue.

Additional Tips:

This versatileMTS/M2TS Video Converterprogram not only can change MTS to Avid MC editable format, but also supports converting MTS to iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc video player or editing programs.

(Note:Clickherefor OS X 10.5)

If you have problems when importing or editing your Canon, Sony, Panasonic etc, camera video files, you can check out “Brorsoft Camcorder/Camera Importing Tips" or "FCE, FCP, iMovie Column"to get your solutions.

More Topics:

Ideal MXF Converter for Mac OS X macOS Sierra
Edit Canon HF G10 AVCHD to Corel VideoStudio
Editing Canon XF100 MXF files in Final Cut Pro X
Editing Canon XC15 MXF files in Premiere Elements
Importing Sony NX3 AVCHD MTS files into Avid MC
Working Sony PMW-500 MXF files in Final Cut Pro X
Editing Canon C300 MK II MXF files in Camtasia Studio
Transcode Canon C300 MK II 4K MXF to Pinnacle Studio
Edit Canon C700 4K MXF in Premiere Pro CC/CS6/CS5/CS4
Transcoding Canon XC15 MXF files to Avid Media Composer
Importing Canon C300 MK II MXF files to Sony Movie Studio