ADVERTISEMENT

Import Sony AXP35 MTS to FCP 7/X (macOS Sierra/El Capitan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

julietzhu520

Aug 2, 2016
Follow the below guide to get the way to transfer Full HD AVCHD files from Sony FDR-AXP35 to FCP X, Final Cut Pro 7 (macOS Sierra/El Capitan). Keep reading to get tips and tricks.

I just met problem while i imporiting the1080p AVCHD films to Final Cut Pro 7editing. I dragged all of the files from an SD card onto one of my External Hard Drives.

I open up Final Cut Pro 7, Go to Log and Transfer, Navigate to the AVCHD folder then to the BDMV folder then finally to the STREAM folder. In the STREAM folder sits all of the .mts files. They are all greyed out and I cannot Ingest them. They will not add to the Log and Transfer Window in FCP 7. What am I doing wrong? How can I Ingest these files into FCP 7 so I can edit with them?

0319-00490-002b1.jpg

To solve the issues, the best solution would be to convert Sony AXP35AVCHD (*.mts, *.m2ts) to MOV for FCPon Mac OS X. Here we recommend thisBrorsoftMTS/M2TS Converter for macto help your transcode Sony AVCHD files to ProRes .mov, the most compatible format for Final Cut Pro.

I bought it because it converts .mts files to formats I can use, it allows me to trim and crop my footage, it offers high resolution output (I output to 1280x720) and it deinterlaces (this is really important to me). Now, follow the step-by-step guide transcoding Sony AXP35 AVCHD MTS to Final Cut Pro X, FCP 7.

Read More in this blog...

Best Workflow for editing Canon C500 MXF in FCP
Converting MTS files to Pluraleyes 4/3 on Mac and Wins
Convert Sony SLT-A77 AVCHD files to FCP 7/X native format
Brorsoft MXF Converter Special Offer for Back-to-School Season

Guide: Transcoding Sony AXP35 AVCHD to Apple ProRes MOV for FCP 7/X

1:Download and install BrorsoftMTS to ProRes Converterfor Mac. Click “Add” button and browse to the AVCHD footages either from Sony AXP35 for loading to the converter.

mts-new-mian-interface.gif

2:Click on “Format” bar and set a FCP friendly format in dropdown-list. You are advised to “Follow Final Cut Pro” template and “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)” format.

prores422-options-fcp-mts.gif

3:Click “Convert” button to start transcoding Sony AXP35 AVCHD files to Apple ProRes MOV for Final Cut Pro 7 under Mac OS X (macOS Sierra include).

Additional Tips:

This versatileMTS/M2TS Video Converter for Macprogram not only can change Sony AVCHD to FCP editable format, but also supports converting Sony AVCHD to iTunes, QuickTime, Windows Media Player, Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, etc video player or editing programs.

(Note:Clickherefor OS X 10.5)

If you have problems when importing or editing your Canon, Sony, Panasonic etc, camera video files, you can check out “Brorsoft Camcorder/Camera Importing Tips" or "FCE, FCP, iMovie Column"to get your solutions.

More Topics:

Work MXF files in Camtasia Studio
Get Best MXF Converter for Mac Reviews
Convert MTS/M2TS to Camtasia Studio 7/8
Play AVCHD MTS files on Windows Media Player
Top 4 MXF Converters for Mac (El Capitan Included)
How to encode Sony MXF files to play on iPad Air 3/2
2015-2016 Best MTS/M2TS Converter for Mac Review
Import Sony PDW-F350 MXF footage to Sony Vegas Pro
Convert M2TS to MP4 for Playback on Plex Media Server
Transcode Panasonic HVX200 P2 MXF to Sony Vegas Pro
Edit Canon XC10 4K MXF files in Windows Movie Maker
Importing Panasonic HVX200 P2 MXF files to Davinci Resolve
Change Panasonic AG-HVX200 MXF files to Avid Media Composer
Transcode Sony PDW-F350 MXF footage to Premiere Elements editing
Play Canon HF R600 AVCHD movies on New Apple Tablet iPad Air 2/3
Source:Transcoding Sony AXP35 AVCHD to Apple ProRes MOV for FCP 7/X

Status