ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 9 of 14 (Oct. 27-29)

I'd now put the probability of Clemson facing the Hokies at Orlando in the ACCCG at about 85%.

Even if Clemson loses tomorrow at FSU, they still must lose another game for Louisville to supplant them at Orlando since Clemson holds the head-to-head tie breaker. While the Kitty Cats could slip up in one of their final 3 games (heck, NC State should have beaten them at Clemson two weeks ago), they certainly will be favored heavily to run the table...home vs Syracuse & Pitt before traveling to Wake. Having said all that, Louisville may actually be the stronger team...especially by early December. We'll see.

The Hokies, who have the head-to-head tie breaker advantage over the Cheaters, have 3 games left. They travel to Duke next week and then finish up hosting Tech and Virginia. Unless they pull another game like they did at Syracuse 2 weeks ago, which I think is highly unlikely, they probably run the table and win the Coastal in Fuente's first year. Anybody feeling bad about Beamer being gone? I doubt it really. Even if the Hokies don't run the table, the Cheaters still have to in order to win the Coastal...and, their schedule set up favorably for that to happen IMO...home vs GT with a week off ahead, at Duke, and home vs NC State.

If the Hokies do take care of their business, it will be their first trip back to the ACCCG since 2011. This is after they appeared in the game 5 of the first 7 years from '05 to '11. That 2011 ACCCG also saw the only time the Orangenecks and Turkey Buzzards ever faced off in the game's relatively short history. #21 Clemson routed #5 Virginia Tech, 38-10, for Dabo Swinney's first of two ACC titles. The last Hokies ACC title was the year before in 2010 when they were #11 over #20 FSU, 44-33.

Virginia Tech does have a trip sandwiched in November at South Bend for what will be a special road trip for them. The Hokies have never faced the Irish. Quite a season for road trips for Hokies fans. You get the game at Bristol against the Vols that made history. Loss. A trip to the Carrier Dome. Loss. Upcoming a trip to South Bend, a special place and trip I must admit. Win??? It will be interesting to see if the Hokies are 10-2/7-1 facing Clemson, who will be 12-0/8-0 or 11-1/7-1??? Or, will they slip up and it be the Cardinals? I think I'd rather face Clemson right now.

He's not out for good. He was out a series and came back in. Playing well in fact. Hokies leading 39-29 with 7 minutes left.

Pitt's defense is horrible. Glad I played the over (56) tonight. Automatic for a Pitt game.
That injury looked really bad when it happened. I am glad he was tough enough to finish strong.

Side note, Ga Southern got their butts handed to them in Statesboro last night by Appy State, 34-10.

It may take Ga Southern some time to get back with its new coaches. I don't think the current crew is as good as the previous staff.

They are going to need to put their butts back on or their pants will fall down.
Put my pants on today, and my butt fell forward....placed an APB on finding it. Not bragging on my enlarged prostrate gland....would be grateful to have the old one back that didn't feel the urge to go every hour. Many thanks to John Crapper for inventing the toilet, the bushes and trees can grow aplenty because of it.

They are going to need to put their butts back on or their pants will fall down.

Ain't that the truth. The kids today...who needs 'em? With their pants falling down, taking their butts off, long hair and rock 'n roll. Damn.

Put my pants on today, and my butt fell forward....placed an APB on finding it. Not bragging on my enlarged prostrate gland....would be grateful to have the old one back that didn't feel the urge to go every hour. Many thanks to John Crapper for inventing the toilet, the bushes and trees can grow aplenty because of it.
On the prostrate thing I had the TURP done this year don 't know if I would do it again but it did help.( hint you won't like the 3 or 4 days after they do it)

Good grief. USF opens a 28-0 lead to end the 1Q, but a Navy TD early 2Q cuts it to 28-7. Wow!

My goodness. Navy's defense should have stayed in Annapolis. Wait. Maybe they did. USF up 35-7 only 19 minutes into this game.

My goodness. Navy's defense should have stayed in Annapolis. Wait. Maybe they did. USF up 35-7 only 19 minutes into this game.
I guess it's a good thing we don't play like navy. I know some on the Hive want us to be more like Navy
Looks like my pick for USF is safe

stech81 is the only one who picked the Bulls. Looking very likely he will pick up a stroke on the field tonight. Well done, mate.

stech81 is the only one who picked the Bulls. Looking very likely he will pick up a stroke on the field tonight. Well done, mate.
Would have been 2 but ....... Well you know what happen last night

Unbelievable. Navy scores on the last play of the game to secure the cover of 8 in our contest.

On the prostrate thing I had the TURP done this year don 't know if I would do it again but it did help.( hint you won't like the 3 or 4 days after they do it)
At least I don't need a watch or a clock these days. When you get relief on the hour every hour, no need for knowing the time- it's built in.

Can't wait for Medicare in a few years. Without insurance, no chance for TURP. Yes, I'm in the 8% of Obamacare not eligible and falling through the cracks. Did I say crack, that's another area of angst.

Isn't it great getting old?

My only 2 plays today FWIW...

WVU-Okie State under 64.5
Florida -7 over Cesspool

Virginia bowing up at home against #5 Louisville. Frenchies up 10-7 late 1Q.

Side note, SWMBO and I went to breakfast this morning down in Gay Paris. Tons of Cardinals fans in town as might be expected. They travel well in all sports. Might be as many folks in red at SSS today as in orange.

Okie State defeating WVU 20-10 at the half. One of the remaining undefeateds could be going down today.

Virginia leading Louisville late 3Q, 17-14.

WVU about to go down as they are being exposed in Stillwater, 27-10, late 3Q.

BC shocking the Pack in Raleigh.

Louisville won't cover the huge number, but they take the lead 21-17 early 4Q.

Mike Gundy's Cowpokes knocking the Mountaineers from the small group of unbeatens now. Of course, this should be expected. After all, Mike Gundy is a MAN!! HE'S FORTY, BABYYYYY!

And, our unanimous pick goes down again vs the spread...and, once again, Duke is involved.

Woooooow! Heartbreak City for the Wahoos. UofL wins with a TD pass with under 20 seconds left. Still could have made a FG to win it if they didn't get the TD.

Boston Collge upsets the Pack in Raleigh, 21-14. I think NC State's season died when they missed that FG at Clemson.

Do I win anything if I go 0-10 this week ?

Yes. An invitation back next week.

And, you won BC so you resemble the 1980, 1981, and 1994 Yellow Jackets so far. Wait. I swore to forget those miserable years. Sorry.

;)

Yes. An invitation back next week.

And, you won BC so you resemble the 1980, 1981, and 1994 Yellow Jackets so far. Wait. I swore to forget those miserable years. Sorry.

;)
I blind squirrel can find an acorn once. :)

Acorns are overrated. As long as the blind squirrel (or any squirrel for that matter) doesn't get your Bud Light, you are set.

Drink up, mate. November will be stressful. DRUNK BUDDIES

Army going to upset the Deacs. Big win for the Schizo Fighting Monkens.

Utah has a chance to do the same vs Washington. WVU has already lost today. Might the Huskies be the next undefeated team to go down?

Nebraska is an underdog tonight at Wisconsin.

Come on, Gators! Finish this thing off.

Buzzforlife was the only one to take Army. Picks up a stroke on the field. Congrats.

24-10 BANANA DANCEBANANA DARK HAIREDBANANA LHAMABANANA SPLITSBARNEY HITS ITclapRock Horns

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT