ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 9 of 14 (Oct. 27-29)

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Week 8 Recap: Kudos to stech81, RyanS12, BornAJacket, BFLJr and SPRITE6 who all went 8-2 this past week. Outstanding, mates!!

Standings thru Week 8:

SPRITE6 48-29 (62.3%)
BornAJacket 46-31 (59.7%)
stech81 45-32 (58.4%)
Texwood 44-33 (57.1%)
RyanS12 41-36 (53.2%)
BFLJr 37-40 (48.1%)
Buzzforlife 34-43 (44.2%)
GTJT622 33-44 (42.9%)

Week 9 games and spreads below. There is a Thursday game this week. Please submit picks by 4pm Thursday. Thanks.

Game 1: Thu 7:00 (ESPN) Virginia Tech -4.5 at Pittsburgh

Game 2: Fri 7:00 (ESPN-2) Navy at South Florida

Game 3: 12:00 (RSN) Duke at Ga Tech

Game 4: 12:00 (ABC) Louisville
-30.5 at Virginia

Game 5: 12:30 (ACC Network) Boston College at NC State

Game 6: 3:30 (NBC) Miami
-2.5 at Notre Dame

Game 7: 3:30 (CBS) Florida
-7.5 vs Georgia

Game 8: 3:30 (RSN) Army at Wake Forest

Game 9: 3:30 (Fox Sports 1) Washington
-10.0 at Utah

Game 10: 8:00 (ABC) Clemson
-4.5 at Florida State

1)VPI(which Va. Tech shows up?)
2)Navy
3)Ga. Tech
4)UVA(they were consistently covering, until I started taking them!)
5)BC
6)UMiami
7)UFla(just can't pick UGaly)
8)Army
9)Utah
10)Clem(too close to call, Tiggers win by some score)

The early money is all over the Cardinals. Line moved a full 3 pts from 27.5 to 30.5 in less than 24 hours.

that's a big jump. and 27.5 seems like an easy pick cover, even though 3 points isn't a lot in a game, it seems much bigger

I need to think about this first

th

ok got it
1)VT -4.5
2) South Florida -8
3)Ga Tech -6.5
4)Louisville -30.5
5)BC +15
6)ND -2.5
7) uga 7.5 ( hope I miss this one but don't like Florida's offense )
8) WF -6.5
9) Utah +10
10) Clemson -4.5

Now back to what I do best.

th

stech81, just confirming, ND is getting 2.5 from Miami and not laying 2.5. Even better news for you going with the Irish. Just wanted to assure.

Here's this week's picks to go against...

Pitt - Panthers had extra time to prep and know how big this game is for their season...getting 4.5 at home is gravy

Navy - Mids have always been a good road dog going back to Admiral Johnson's days...not sure the right team is even favored...getting 8 pts? thanks

Ga Tech - Jackets should have a lot of fun Saturday (key word is "should")

Louisville - whatever progress the Virginians were making is flushed down the toilet at this point...Cards can name the score

NC State - Eagles are just horrible...Pack will enjoy being back home (and an angry bunch of Wolves)

Notre Dame - Irish had the week off to figure out whatever the heck they are doing...will it help? who knows? both of these teams kinda smell...will take the points for the home smelly ones

Florida - I like the Gators defense to have a lot of fun Saturday in JAX

Wake - Army's good start has vanished...Wake continues their quest to win 8 regular season games

Washington - Huskies are for real...I think

FSU - Clemson has shown some chinks in their armor several times this season...will it eventually catch up with them?...if it will, this is a good spot for it happening...getting more than a FG at home? I'll take it

There's your 10 games you should go against. Last time I had a winning week was Week 3. That's 5 straight weeks of losers to provide to you. I always think of you girls. Selfless. Charitable. Giving. That's me. :D

First foursome in the clubhouse and drinking at the 19th hole. Second foursome still on the course, perhaps playing frisbee golf this week.

One of us started hammering shots of Maker's Mark out here on the Frisbee golf course way too soon. Lots of lost discs. Just threw my last disc deep into a native area on the 11th. I'm going in after it. Send help if you don't hear for me.

Please don't drink and "drive", unless you tee off like me(Mr. Slice). Frisbee sails too much on me, I'd still find it in the lake or woods.

I'll volunteer to go in for you. The way I pick, just taking up space.

BFL, Jr. is sleeping in on his selections this late afternoon. He snores, I lose!

BFLJr went 8-2 last week. He's 18-11 over the last 3 weeks. Impressive!

The only problem I had on the course today was falling off the ball washer. Almost broke an arm.

BFLJr went 8-2 last week. He's 18-11 over the last 3 weeks. Impressive!

The only problem I had on the course today was falling off the ball washer. Almost broke an arm.
I didn't like the price of beer went up.

Located a photo. of GTJT622, after he left Charlotte and accidentally passed all of the Va. exits to Beaver Falls(yes, that's the town he got off in)-

Please keep us posted on her employment endeavors.

BFL, Jr.
-----------

Va. Tech, covers, wins 41-34.
Navy, straight up 42-35.
Ga. Tech wins 56-28. Crystal Ball pick of the week, I'm there with John & Alumni Band.
Louisville covers, 65-10.
N.C. St. covers, 37-20.
Miami covers, 23-20. Convicts over the Christians/Catholics.
Fla. covers, 49-21. Booo Dawggies, Ugggggaly!
W.F. covers, 38-21.
Wishington covers, 49-35. Wishes for playoffs.
F.S.U. Straight Up, 42-35. Bouisville playoff hopes renewed.

Bonus: Nebraska beats Wisky by 6. 42-36.

Panthers
Admirals
Jackets
Zima
Wolves
Canes
Gators
Wake
Washington
Tigers

No time to subject you lesbians to my full-retard editorials on these. Been one of those weeks.

Edited to add: Jumped off the Turkey Buzzards on that first game.

Last edited:
7 of the 8 have finally made it into the clubhouse. The first foursome is now completely plastered. Now, we have an APB out for SPRITE6...last seen with his caddy...

images

More line moves of note...

-Louisville has now ballooned out to a whopping 33 pt favorite
-Hokies now "only" laying 3.5 tomorrow night
-USF opened as 8 pt favorites versus Navy...now, has dropped to 6.5

Exhausted and barely able to concentrate, but here 'tis....
VT
Navy
GT
LouLou
Packers
Miami
Uganda
Waking
UtahU
FSup
Back to the grindstone!!!!

Thanks, mate. Uh oh.

We have 1 unanimous pick this week and it's the Jackets. Duke has been involved in 2 of the 3 unanimous picks this season. We all took Duke to cover at home over Wake back in Week 2 as 5 pt favorites. Wake won straight up. Then, 2 weeks later we all went with the Irish laying 21 at home (which looking back now looks really crazy) against the Jersey Girls and the underdogs won outright.

The only other unanimous pick was last week when we all went with Syracuse getting 5.5 at BC. Of course, we got that one right as the underdog once again won outright.

Like I said... uh oh.

SMOKING CIGS

Hokies get a FG on their opening drive. Get a fumble on the Pitt KO return. Drive inside the 5 and have to settle for another FG. Pitt dodging an early bullet here at home. Hokies up 6-0 with 8 minutes left 1Q.

He's not out for good. He was out a series and came back in. Playing well in fact. Hokies leading 39-29 with 7 minutes left.

Pitt's defense is horrible. Glad I played the over (56) tonight. Automatic for a Pitt game.

Hokies will cover. Hokies just received a punt on their own 41 with 5 minutes and some change left up 10. Pitt can't stop them. Pitt's pass defense may be as bad as any I've seen since in a while (in the ACC at least). Alarmingly bad. Their DB's have no clue whatsoever.

Ironic that PItt HC Narduzzi has been crying like a big baby all night about his receivers getting held when his own DB's hold like crazy on every play.

OK. Well, the Hokies played that series conservatively to run clock. Punting it back to the Panthers and handing it back over to Foster's D.

And right down the field storms Pitt to cut it to 3 and currently covering.

Wow.

popcorn

Yep. Evans, the JUCO transfer, is big and throws way better than Logan Thomas ever did. Quicker running too, but not quite as big as LT. Motley, the 5th year senior, who came in from the bullpen tonight has done well.

Looks like the Hokies will win, 39-36. They have at Duke + home vs GT & UVA left. I'd say they are a very strong bet now to be the Coastal rep at the ACCCG in Orlando. Their loss at Syracuse will baffle me as much as UNC's loss to South Carolina as season ago.

Yep. Evans, the JUCO transfer, is big and throws way better than Logan Thomas ever did. Quicker running too, but not quite as big as LT. Motley, the 5th year senior, who came in from the bullpen tonight has done well.
Well that ain't good for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT