ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 9 of 14 (Oct. 27-29)

And, down goes Baylor. Good. Don't like them. Though, I like Jim Grobe.

And, down goes Baylor. Good. Don't like them. Though, I like Jim Grobe.
th

Everyone likes a teddy bear

Watching the Vols-Gamehens game right now. A few minutes ago the announcers agreed and I quote... "the Big 12 will not have a playoff team this year...neither West Virginia or Baylor have played a strong enough schedule to warrant a bid even if they finish with 1 loss...Oklahoma may win the conference anyway and they have 2 losses, both where they were handled pretty easily".

Good. I don't like the Big 12. I still like Jim Grobe though.

Alabama, Clemson, Michigan, and Washington look to be the best candidates at this point. Louisville needs help. Ohio State can still control its destiny if they run the table. Just a damn shame this thing (playoff) isn't at least 8 teams. With auto bids to the P5 conference champs, you'd have so many more teams still in the running and not essentially eliminated at this point. Hence, you make the season and especially November more interesting for more teams.

Then, you'd have a team like Louisville, who might finish 11-1, available for an at-large bid and they aren't "punished" for being in the same division as Clemson and losing to the Tigers in a very close game at Clemson. Maybe D1A CFB will eventually get it right. I'm not holding my breath waiting on it though.

Clemson looking like the better team in Tally so far. Off to a really good start. About to go up 14-0.

Agreed. The D came out and got the INT and great field position off Duke's first 2nd half possession. We take that ball down the field and score and we're up 35-7. Instead, Duke goes down scores to cut it to 28-14. 14-pt swing. Then, the fumbled KO return and Duke scores on the first play to cut it to 28-21. 21-pt swing possibly (no guarantee of course that we score on our first offensive possession of the 2nd half if we didn't fumble). We had the shot to knock them out and kill their will. Instead, we did the opposite. They found life from our turnovers and our D played especially awful once Duke got the momentum.

Would love to see our D create 3 more TO's next Saturday (and the week after) as we are going to need 'em. Hopefully, we aren't as giving ourselves.

Wisconsin up 17-7 over Nebraska. Another unbeaten about to get notch in the L-column???

Agreed. The D came out and got the INT and great field position off Duke's first 2nd half possession. We take that ball down the field and score and we're up 35-7. Instead, Duke goes down scores to cut it to 28-14. 14-pt swing. Then, the fumbled KO return and Duke scores on the first play to cut it to 28-21. 21-pt swing possibly (no guarantee of course that we score on our first offensive possession of the 2nd half if we didn't fumble). We had the shot to knock them out and kill their will. Instead, we did the opposite. They found life from our turnovers and our D played especially awful once Duke got the momentum.

Would love to see our D create 3 more TO's next Saturday (and the week after) as we are going to need 'em. Hopefully, we aren't as giving ourselves.
Will we need TO's or hope they don't pass to the TE's

Meh. TE's, WR's, RB's? Doesn't matter the way we played today. Hell, even Pitt had an offensive tackle score on us. I'm not sure even old drunk lesbian farts like you and me could probably gather 6 or 7 catches for 89 yards and 2 TD's against this defense in its current state as of today.

I hope PJ Davis is back this week. We need his leadership and play-making abilities out there.

Army's upset at Wake today moves the Fighting Jeff Monkens to a 5-3 record on the season. They still have a good-bet win at home vs Morgan State on the schedule. They host Air Force next week, travel to Notre Dame, host Morgan State and then get 2 off weeks before finishing of course with the USNA. The USMA will want desperately to end this nasty 14-game losing streak to the Mids...this year in Baltimore.

Certainly, it looks like in his 3rd year at West Point, CJM will have the Black Knights in a MEG for the first time since 2010. Army has only played in 5 MEGs in program history.

1984 Cherry Bowl vs Michigan State W 10–6
1985 Peach Bowl vs Illinois W 31–29
1988 Sun Bowl vs Alabama L 28–29
1996 Independence Bowl vs Auburn L 29–32
2010 Armed Forces Bowl vs SMU W 16–14

Great to see.

Wyoming gets a safety to take a lead over undefeated Boise State, 30-28, with 1:08 left in the game. Wyoming gets the ball on the free kick. Yet another undefeated team going down today???

Meh. TE's, WR's, RB's? Doesn't matter the way we played today. Hell, even Pitt had an offensive tackle score on us. I'm not sure even old drunk lesbian farts like you and me could probably gather 6 or 7 catches for 89 yards and 2 TD's against this defense in its current state as of today.
You mean we would have to run 89 yards? If that is the case you would have 84 of those yards

Never underestimate what we can do. After all, Hank Aaron and I combined for over 750 homers in MLB.

Calling it now...Kentucky defeats the Cesspool next Saturday night in Lexington.

Vols lose at South Carolina. Gators now in great shape to win the SEC-East.

I laughed... http://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...n-exhale-with-baylor-out-of-the-playoff-race/

5. Kentucky could win the SEC East. Every year, the SEC East seems to reach a new low. The pinnacle would be if Kentucky -- yes, that Kentucky -- somehow reaches the SEC Championship Game for a brutal mismatch against Alabama. Might Nick Saban rest some starters if he played Kentucky for the SEC title? After Tennessee lost to South Carolina, Kentucky now sits alone in second place in the SEC East despite a Week 1 loss to Southern Miss and a 45-7 loss first-place Florida a week later.

If the Wildcats win their last two SEC games (vs. Georgia, at Tennessee) and Florida loses two of their last three (at Arkansas, vs. South Carolina, at LSU), Kentucky would go to Atlanta. Is that likely to happen? Perhaps not. But it's not as far-fetched as it may sound. The decision to move Florida-LSU from Gainesville to Baton Rouge could have major SEC East implications that no one could have imagined: Kentucky in Atlanta.

No. not at all. They have too much on both sides of the ball for us to beat them. Duke and UVA should be W's. We can score on UNC but how many pts will we need? UGA is beatable.
Ryan, you had a good week picking seven winners in a crazy bunch of games. Congrats.! Well done.

I thought GT was going to cover...Miami finally had control...and even Clemsoning had that number.

Good call, mate. RyanS12 and Buzzforlife were the only 2 dudes with winning records this week.

SPRITE6 has a tough week (3-7), but remains at the top. Only 3 games separate 5 guys at the top now.

Good call, mate. RyanS12 and Buzzforlife were the only 2 dudes with winning records this week.

SPRITE6 has a tough week (3-7), but remains at the top. Only 3 games separate 5 guys at the top now.
Really strange weekend. I was probably 7-3 going into the 4th quarter of the games. Then I "clemsoned"!

Reactions: RyanS12
I wish I played single games this week with my "guy". Got greedy and played a few parlays. Tech got me on one and Clemson on the other. I will say Vegas knows what they're doing with the lines this year. They've been tight as hell all season.

This past week has been a blur for me, glad two of us were able to navigate that wild Pick'Em week with winning records - congrats to both of you, mates! Still haven't watched our game but did listen to it while the girl was playing a tournament. The call during the 2nd half sounded just awful defensively - I may quit watching the replay at the half. The girl had her best ever round of golf in tourney play, including her first eagle, so that took some of the bite out of listening to that. But the fact that this program can't put a consistently mediocre defense on the field under CPJ is worrisome.

Awesome news about your lil' princess, mate. Woohoo!

CPJ said he was going to look into what happened defensively today. I'm sure he's got it figured out. No worries.

;)

Not a big fan at how he takes no ownership of the defense after games like this. It's almost as if we don't have a head coach, just two coordinators.

Here is a list of the upcoming Week 10 games we'll be picking this week FWIW...spreads included in the official thread on Tuesday morning...

11:30am (CBS) Navy vs Notre Dame at Jacksonville
12:00 (ESPN-2) Louisville at Boston College
12:30 (ACC Network) Ga Tech at North Carolina
12:30 (ACC Network) Pittsburgh at Miami
3:00 (RSN) Virginia at Wake Forest
3:30 (ESPN-U) Va Tech at Duke
3:30 (ABC) Syracuse at Clemson
7:00 (ESPN-U) Florida State at NC State
8:00 (ABC) Nebraska at Ohio State
8:00 (CBS) Alabama at LSU

Perhaps lost a bit in the shuffle of yesterday...

...remember almost a full month ago when our offense hand-delivered the game on a silver platter to Spray Tan Boy and after their win, the Canes were 4-0 and ranked around #10 in the nation? Good times for the Thug fans.

Since then? Now, on a 4-game losing streak...sitting at 4-4/1-3...and, once again, will not play in the ACCCG.

Of the programs who were in the ACC when the ACCCG began back in 2005, these still have not played in it...

1) NC State is the only Atlantic Division team...the Pack has the longest streak without an ACC title in FB...their drought goes back to 1979...the Cheaters' last title was in 1980, though the Cheaters did finally make an appearance in the ACCCG last year

2) Miami and Virginia are the only two Coastal Division programs who have never played in the ACCCG

This is what I have learned the past few weeks on picking a winner. Always go with the home team unless the other team will win. Never go with a team that you have to get up over 7 points unless you think they will win by over 7. If your not sure pick the team with the best Uniforms. That is unless the other team can win.

Once again, see, it is deep intelligence like that which shows why you are fast tracking up the org chart and the rest of us are left to be professors at UGA.

I don't think UGA will have me, unless your brother has contacts.
I've run every one of BFL, Jr's teachers into the proverbial mud(they all seem to be Mutts these days, like they came from Auburn once or twice when I was in school).

Hope that happens!

If the Wildcats can defeat the Cesspool in the cool weather this upcoming Saturday night in Lexington combined with a potential Clemson Without A Lake win at the Toilet Bowl on Nov. 12, there is a good possibility that a 6-5 Tech team will travel to a 5-6 Cesspool team just after Turkey Day with the Well Endowed Scholars having a chance to end the Cesspool's MEG streak.

November is almost here...

popcorn

Two gifts from our offense to be exact. Ugh. :mad:
...and a partridge from a Techwood tree....JT5 ran for his life, when the ball was snapped. Dah U jail breaks!

---------------------------------------------------------

It looked like Jimbo got at least one unsportsmanlike flag and he continued to berate the officials the rest of the game. Coach get off the field!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT