ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 6 of 14 (Oct. 7-8)

Any updates on the game times?
Heard from BFL, Jr. that LSU vs. Fla. in Gainesville was postponed with no time or date announced. S.C. will not play in Athens or the Ga. Dome, could be a Sunday or Monday reschedule. They are off next weekend, Dawgs are not. Governor will not give them State Patrol on Saturday.

Line moves of note...

• Duke has moved from a 4 pt favorite to a 6 pt favorite vs Army
  • NC State has moved from a 1 pt fave to a 2.5 pt fave vs Notre Dame
  • Cheaters have dropped from a 2.5 pt fave to a 1.5 pt fave vs the Hokies
  • Cesspool has dropped from a 7.5 pt fave to a 6.5 pt fave vs the Gamehens

This reminds me that one of the things the Bammers held against Bill Curry was that he cancelled a game with TAMU (IIRC) in 1988 seeking to avoid Hurricane Gilbert - which never actually impacted College Station, TX. They though it was a show of weakness.

I think I may need another 17 points to go with the. 17 I have with BC. So can I have BC to lose by 33?
Doesn't hurt to ask.

The weather looks pretty awful in the research triangle park area. Unfortunate coincidence to have all four RTP schools playing home games today.

Unsurprisingly, Tennessee has fallen behind A&M early, losing 3 fumbles along the way. Vols are in familiar territory though.

Big surprise amongst this week's Pick'em lineup - Navy is tied with Houston at the half. It's not a fluke score either, Navy is gashing Houston's defense on the ground. That offense looks damn good when it's working.

Navy recovered a Houston fumble on the opening possession of the 2nd half and marched straight down the field to take a 27-20 lead. Time to issue an official upset alert on this one!!

Vols are only down 21-7 at the half. They are going to win going away in the 2nd half!!

Meanwhile, Navy has taken a 34-20 lead on Houston.

Wow! Navy just answered a Houston TD with an impressive drive to go back up 14. The score is 41-27 Navy with 1:25 to go in the 3rd quarter. I'm kicking myself for going back on a decision I made weeks ago to play Navy straight up in this spot. FRUSTRATION

Despite committing 6 turnovers, Tennessee is somehow still in this game with Texas A&M, down 28-21 with 6:58 remaining. If they find a way to pull this one off...

This Vols team is the Terminator. It can't be killed. Win or lose, enjoy the ride with your son, GTJT!!!!

Tennessee has 4 problems...

1. They play to the level of their competition which makes them look bad against the App States and Ohios of the world and why you should bet against them in November when their schedule eases up considerably and they are 28 pt favorites. The flip side is they will step up big against a team like Bama.

2. They turn the ball over far too often.

3. The offense in particular comes out flat in every game.

4. They are missing 3 of their best defenders due to injuries.

Having said all that, if they somehow defeat Bama, the Big Orange is right in the SEC title and playoff picture.

Wow! You're right. I didn't see the game, but saw some highlights of the weather conditions and all. Looking at the stats, ND threw the ball 26 times to 38 rushes. The Pack ran it 51 times and only threw it 14 times. The only score (TD) was on a blocked punt. Seeing the highlights, my first reaction was those are some die-hard fans to stand through that weather. Same for the other 2 games in the Triangle.

Tennessee has 4 problems...

1. They play to the level of their competition which makes them look bad against the App States and Ohios of the world and why you should bet against them in November when their schedule eases up considerably and they are 28 pt favorites. The flip side is they will step up big against a team like Bama.

2. They turn the ball over far too often.

3. The offense in particular comes out flat in every game.

4. They are missing 3 of their best defenders due to injuries.

Having said all that, if they somehow defeat Bama, the Big Orange is right in the SEC title and playoff picture.
Playing to the level of your competition can drive a fan nuts. Hence the reason I'm nuts.

Looking back, that 4Q comeback against one of the ACC's most miserable teams in Ireland may be the difference in Tech sitting at home again during the holidays and our guys getting some really cool junk at a really cool place like Shreveport or Annapolis after that Fat Man flies all over the world breaking into homes (and trailers). ;)

Wow! You're right. I didn't see the game, but saw some highlights of the weather conditions and all. Looking at the stats, ND threw the ball 26 times to 38 rushes. The Pack ran it 51 times and only threw it 14 times. The only score (TD) was on a blocked punt. Seeing the highlights, my first reaction was those are some die-hard fans to stand through that weather. Same for the other 2 games in the Triangle.
We've seen rain storms like that in the past. knew it was coming. But it seems that Notre Dame couldn't run the ball and just gave up on it. I don't know, maybe thy did rush more often than normal. But it just seemed like the wrong game to be passing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT