ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 5 of 14

Thanks, mate. I'm very happy for my son. I know a lot of folks don't like the Vols. But, they've had their fair share of crap seasons and have been humbled since the dumb decision (IMO) in firing Fulmer. Especially last year, UT fans had to endure so many late close losses. This is a day I've always rooted for the Vols since I was 6 years old when I adopted the Jackets as my team.

Did Tennessee have any timeouts remaining when the nad-lickers threw that go ahead TD? I ask because I cannot believe any defensive coordinator would call a cover 2 in that situation. They might have been in the wrong defense with the coaches having no way to stop it.

Yes, Vols had TO's left. Terrible decision defensively all around.

Holy crap that's crazy. That is an aggressive coverage. Man defense with two safeties playing the deep zones means that three receivers will be manned up for the entire route. That's insanity!

th

Speaking of aggressive coverages, after the Miami game I'll happy to never see us go into a cover 1 or 2 look for the rest of the season. It did not work out for us today. Just stay zoned up from now on...

sad-uga-fan.jpg

Ahhh damn, Tech will STILL have a more recent national championship than us.

georgia-fan-dressed-as-weird-joker-sad.gif

Damn, I put all this crap on just to watch us lose again.

mad-sad-georgia-bulldogs-fan.jpg

I WANT MARK RICHT BACK!!!

13702679-e1410794860280.jpg

8 years of college down the drain...damn.

41570_h.jpg

I've made so many mistakes in my life and now my kid is following in my footsteps. Damn.

uga7.jpg

I'm lazy. I'm ugly. I do nothing. Life sucks.

Now I hope Clemson beats Louisville not that I hate Louisville but I hate their scum of a coach. Being a falcon fan you can understand

I don't hold the animosity towards Petrino that you guys do. I'm not a Falcons fan though I understand your feelings. I think Clemson fans need a big slice of humble pie. So, I'm just going to watch what I hope is a good game and good exposure for the ACC. I have no money riding on this game. So TBH, I don't really care much who wins.

I don't hold the animosity towards Petrino that you guys do. I'm not a Falcons fan though I understand your feelings. I think Clemson fans need a big slice of humble pie. So, I'm just going to watch what I hope is a good game and good exposure for the ACC. I have no money riding on this game. So TBH, I don't really care much who wins.
We don't have too many. ;)

The real reason I picked Louisville in Pick'em is to offset the Petrino angle so that I could just watch this one and enjoy. I'll be good either way it goes down. Hoping for some good football tonight!

Beauty. Love it.

Pitt leads Marshall 27-0 at the half.

Louisville just struck first at Clemson.

Watson is not an accurate passer, that was open for the TD but thrown well behind the receiver for the pick. Looks like the offensive game plan was to run a bunch of QB draws early to freeze the coverage and set up some man situations on the outside. Game plan worked, execution did not.

If Clemson's front seven continues to bitch-slap Louisville like this, I'm feeling even better about what we saw against Miami today. Dayum...

Getting the feeling that we ran into a transcendent defensive buzz saw on that Thursday night. All good stuff (if true) because this means Venables will no longer be a defensive coordinator after this season.

Clemson flexing its muscles now. UofL like a deer in headlights at the moment.

Marshall making a comeback at Pitt. Now down 27-14 with 5:20 left in 3Q.

Getting the feeling that we ran into a transcendent defensive buzz saw on that Thursday night. All good stuff (if true) because this means Venables will no longer be a defensive coordinator after this season.
I hope your right but in would be our luck he would get a head coaching job in the ACC . Need GTJT to tell LSU to come and get him.

Grantham is getting torn apart here playing soft zones at the end of the half. Deshaun is finding his spots and throwing it with accuracy. LOVING THIS!!!

FSU travels to Miami next week. 3rd ACC loss for the Noles?...before they even face the Orangenecks?

Jimbo's behind warming up any? Naaaaaah, right?

;)

I got the attention of the entire household watching Grantham go down in flames there.

I got the attention of the entire household watching Grantham go down in flames there.

I know what you mean. When the Vols caught that last pass, I'm pretty sure the entire trailer park was thinking SWMBO was beating me again.

Here's your scores from the Big 12 today folks...

Oklahoma 52, TCU 46
Baylor 45, Iowa State 42
Oklahoma State 49, Texas 31...man, Texas' offense sucks...I mean, only 31?...What the?

West Virginia 17, Kansas State 16...wait, how the hell did that get in there?

Texas Tech 55, Kansas 19...KU should just drop FB

Brent Venables needs to take a head coaching job in the Big-12 to fill the void.

Brent Venables needs to take a head coaching job in the Big-12 to fill the void.

Probably some kind of rule against having him in their conference. Hurts ratings. Chicks dig offense. And, the long ball.

That Clemson defense is something to behold. According to CPJ we had 15 missed assignments in the first 22 plays (missed meaning doing the wrong thing) and I'll bet the mental mistakes are entirely due to "deer in the headlights" syndrome. I think it all started when Dedrick MIlls who is already a team leader, whiffed on his block of #42 on the first play of the game resulting in a 5 yard loss.

Watch out, Pitt! Your 27-0 lead has evaporated. Marshall has outscored Pitt 27-3 in the 2nd half and has now cut the Panthers' lead to 30-27 with 4:01 left. Heinz Field is about 30% full.

He got fired because chicks dig offense and his boss's brother needed a job. Oklahoma hasn't fared so well since his departure.

Pitt's James Conner being held in check tonight... 11 carries, 34 yards, 1 TD.

But, their other 2 RB's are having big games...

-Chawntrez Moss...11 carries, 95 yards, 8.5 ypc, long of 41
-Quadree Henderson... 7 carries, 57 yards, 8.1 ypc, long of 34

Strap it up, Jackets D.

Pitt has scored 28 or more in every game this season. They "only" scored 28 against Villanova in their season opening win. Since then, the last 4 games they've scored 30+ in each.

From ESPN.com...

...Pitt's James Conner's TD today means he has rushed for at least 1 TD in 13 consecutive games.
Pitt just hit a 54 yd TD pass to go up 37-27 with a minute left.

I distinctly remember having a "You Gotta Be Kidding Me" moment when the news broke that Dabo hired Brent Venables. Damn, just damn.

Pitt has also given up 27 or more in each of their last 4 games (including tonight's 27 to Marshall...with 1:04 left).

Wow. I got lucky again today. I played Marshall-Pitt over 68.5. Pitt leads 37-27 (64). Last play of game, Pitt gets a pick-6 to carry it over, 43-27. Nice.

Woohoo!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT