ADVERTISEMENT

CFB Pick'Em Contest: Week 1 of 14

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Please submit your picks via reply before Thursday at 4pm. I will compile all of the picks in a spreadsheet and post the standings in next Tuesday's set of games. We are picking versus the spread listed in blue. Good luck.

Game 1: Sep. 1, Thu, 7:00 (RSN) Charlotte at Louisville -39.5

Game 2: Sep. 1, Thu, 7:00 (ACC Network Extra) Tulane at Wake Forest -17.0

Game 3: Sep. 3, Sat, 7:30am (ESPN-2) Georgia Tech -3.0 vs Boston College -- at Dublin, Ireland

Game 4: Sep. 3, Sat, 12:00 (ABC) Oklahoma -11.0 vs Houston -- at Houston Texans Stadium

Game 5: Sep. 3, Sat, 3:30 (ABC) LSU -10.0 vs Wisconsin -- at Lambeau Field, Green Bay

Game 6: Sep. 3, Sat, 5:30 (ESPN) North Carolina vs Georgia -2.5 -- at Ga Dome

Game 7: Sep. 3, Sat, 8:00 (ABC) Southern Cal vs Alabama -11.5 -- at Cowboys Stadium, Arlington TX

Game 8: Sep. 3, Sat, 9:00 (ESPN) Clemson -7.5 at Auburn

Game 9: Sep. 4, Sun, 7:30 (ABC) Notre Dame -3.5 at Texas

Game 10: Sep. 5, Mon, 8:00 (ESPN) Ole Miss vs Florida State -4.5 -- at Orlando, FL

Ok here goes :
Game 1 Louisville -39.5
Game 2 Tulane + 17
Game 3 Georgia Tech -3 ( Tech wins 31-10)
Game 4 Houston +11
Game 5 LSU - 10
Game 6 unc +2.5 ( wish there was a way for both teams to lose)
Game 7 Southern Cal +11.5
Game 8 Clemson -7.5 ( don't feel good about this one)
Game 9 Texas + 3.5
Game 10 FSU -4.5

Game 1 Louisville
Game 2 W.F.
Game 3 G.T.
Game 4 Okla.
Game 5 Wisconsin
Game 6 UNCheaters
Game 7 USC-West
Game 8 Clemson(tigers with a lake)
Game 9 N.D.
Game 10 F.$.U.(sure don't feel good about this one...I definetly need to bathe now)

Hey mate, you going to submit another one for Junior, yes? If so, please remind me which one is his in your reply. Thanks.

Mine...

Louisville
Tulane
BC (hope I'm wrong)
Houston
Wisconsin
Cesspool (actually rooting for the meteor)
Alabama
Auburn (Clemson eeks out the W at the end but stays under the number)
ND
Ole Miss (same for FSU as Clemson above)

Hey mate, you going to submit another one for Junior, yes? If so, please remind me which one is his in your reply. Thanks.
I would place BFL, Jr. on top of them if he plays, unless it's easier for you with a separate member post(in which I can sign him up for one)?

I'm either a brain surgeon candidate picking Wake Forest to score more than 17(that is with Tulane getting zero)or the Scarecrow from Oz. Really think Ga. will cover and Missy will only lose by a FG or win straight up, except I just can't bring myself to placing their names next to the BFL moniker. At least for this week. After I get humiliated for a while, who knows? Can't decide how good Texas is this year, Okla.?

Sack Shultz starts Sept. 1....AJC.com/go/sack2016
Good luck picking for prizes, everyone will play!

I would place BFL, Jr. on top of them if he plays, unless it's easier for you with a separate member post(in which I can sign him up for one)?

That sounds good, mate. I'll look for it. No need to set up anything separate.

I may pull a Jeff Schultz and let my loveable beagle, Ginger, pick games this year to track how she does. I won't be using cheese like that cheapskate, Schultz, does. Ginger is far too sophisticated for that. I'll use a half-full Bud Light can.

Reactions: Buzzforlife
At this time it looks like the worst I can do is 4th.

For a donation to my Double Wide Renovation Project, I can assure you that you will do no worse than 2nd. If you know what I mean. (wink wink)

(I told you all up front that I will easily accept bribes in the accounting/scoring)

For a donation to my Double Wide Renovation Project, I can assure you that you will do no worse than 2nd. If you know what I mean. (wink wink)

(I told you all up front that I will easily accept bribes in the accounting/scoring)
I always donate big time.

th

Charlotte
Wake
GT
Houston
Wisconsin
UGA
Alabama
Clemson
Texas
FSU

ETA:

Charlotte because Olsen at QB is good enough to score enough against UL's defensive scrubs to keep it under 40.

Wake because they are going to be a lot better than anyone reckons. Clawson has had some sneaky success in his recruiting and he knows what he's about.

GT because CPJ has been positive throughout camp. Whenever he's happy, good things follow.

Houston because Oklahoma has issues.

Wisconsin because 10 point home dogs dominate up in that part of the country,

UGA because a meteor won't strike.

Bammer - just because

Clemson because I'm an ACC homer. Only question is the reload on D.

Texas because I'm going to be sitting amongst long time longhorn season ticket holders in a club section for that game and I don't want to piss anyone off.

FSU because they are freaking loaded. Too much is made about their QB "issues".

Last edited:
Reactions: Buzzforlife
8, already. Remember that this is like the baseball trading deadline on the east coast, 4 p.m. today(Sept. 1). I think S.C takes Vandy tonight, as Muscratchimp has gone the JUCO route for a little help.

Many, many thanks to the man, GTJT622 for tabulating with his high level GT computing skills, without having to do unpermitted mathematics on the board. I'm hoping he wasn't serious about Ginger showing me up on here. If so, we can complain that four legs create an unfair advantage in prognosticating. If any of you some how drop below her winning %.

8, already. Remember that this is like the baseball trading deadline on the east coast, 4 p.m. today(Sept. 1). I think S.C takes Vandy tonight, as Muscratchimp has gone the JUCO route for a little help.

Many, many thanks to the man, GTJT622 for tabulating with his high level GT computing skills, without having to do unpermitted mathematics on the board. I'm hoping he wasn't serious about Ginger showing me up on here. If so, we can complain that four legs create an unfair advantage in prognosticating. If any of you some how drop below her winning %.
So I have a good chance to finish in the top 10 this week. MECHANICAL BULL

Louisville -39.5
Tulane+17
GT+3
Oklahoma-11
LSU-10
Ga-2.5
Bama-11.5
Clemson-7.5
Texas+3.5
Fsu-4.5

Got it. Thanks for joining in, mate. Just for clarification to avoid any confusion. Tulane is -17 and GT is -3.

So I have a good chance to finish in the top 10 this week. MECHANICAL BULL
You and me both if we can keep 3 more people from joining in. I tried hiding the iPad from the boy, except he found it. Can I use that credit card you have that belongs to "you know who", so we can charge some payola off and give it back to that same entity?

I'll never hear the end of it, if my son or that "sweet beagle" trashes me!

I spoke to Ginger last night. Well, she claims she allowed me to converse with her. Dang, that gal is spoiled something awful. But, I digress.

She advised me that she was too good to be wallowing with riff raff like us. Her exact words. Something about it wouldn't even be a contest if she was involved and she has better things to do with her time. I guess napping and licking her snatch 24/7. But, again, I digress.

She will not be joining us this season. If we believe her (and I don't), that gives us all a chance. And, it helps assure you two fartekers finish in the top 8.

Please tell Ginger we appreciate her not "licking us".
I offered Junior a new video game not to play. He has been reading our posts the past month and wouldn't you know it, kept nagging me for my password to this site.

My apologies to my buddy(the other farteker)for bringing us serious competition. This kid studies college football more than Algebra 2. If he only put the same effort in to his studies. No hope for me, I've already gone to the dogs(read: not those Dawgs, God take me first).

The breakdown now that all the picks are in...

Thu 7:00 Charlotte at Louisville -39.5 -- 7 UofL & 1 Charlotte (Texwood is the lone wolf here)
Thu 7:00 Tulane at Wake -17.0 -- 5 Tulane & 3 Wake
Sat 7:30am Ga Tech -3.0 vs BC -- 7 Ga Tech & 1 BC (hope I'm wrong)
Sat 12:00 Oklahoma -11.0 at Houston -- 6 Houston & 2 Oklahoma
Sat 3:30 LSU -10.0 at Wisconsin -- 5 Wisconsin & 3 LSU
Sat 5:30 UNC at Georgia -2.5 -- 5 Cheaters & 3 Cesspool
Sat 8:00 USC vs Alabama -11.5 -- Split 4 & 4
Sat 9:00 Clemson -7.5 at Auburn -- 6 AWAL & 2 CWAL
Sun 7:30 Notre Dame -3.5 at Texas -- Split 4 & 4
Mon 8:00 Ole Miss vs FSU -4.5 -- 6 FSU & 2 Ole Miss

We all hope you're wrong or if you're right please be correct with a one, two or three point win.

I know that you placed us in the loss column for B.C., previously. Since my powers extend to dog whispering, I telekineticly asked Ginger to lick you all over the face right after.......

Got it. Thanks for joining in, mate. Just for clarification to avoid any confusion. Tulane is -17 and GT is -3.
Sorry bout that. Hope you read my mind to mean that Tulane would keep it below 17 points difference and Tech would cover 3?

I had a bad feeling about Wake's offense, it was brought to light. At least most of you are 2-0. Thank you Louisville, I can't do worse than 1-9!

Not a part of the Pick 'Em contest, but perhaps we can use this thread to discuss CFB games over the weekend in general???

Stayed up late to watch the Vols pull one out of our ass and avoid disaster. If UT's offense plays like that at Bristol on the 10th, it not only will be a long evening for my son and I, but Bud Foster will have a LOT of fun.

Good win by the Pack as they whipped a good W&M Tribe bunch, 48-14.

South Carolina comes back and shuts out Vandy 13-0 in the 2nd half to overcome a 10-0 halftime deficit and wins 13-10. These 2 teams really stink. The SEC-East may smell really bad once again (though the SEC people will make you believe they are incredibly strong).

Minnesota defeated Oregon State 30-23 in another game last night featuring two P5 teams. Minny was down 23-17 heading into the 4Q.

1 game tonight featuring P5 vs P5 teams...Kansas State at Stanford. Also, the annual Colorado vs Colorado State Let's Get High clash in Denver takes place.

The official mascot of the Colorado vs Colorado State Game...

towelie-intervention.jpg

"Any of you guys want to get high?"

My son was jumping up and down for Tenn., also! We were very worried throughout the game.

I really love Vandy, probably because the folks up there have such class. Great school, but they have to be hurting and wondering if Mason and his house cleaning on the staff was really the problem. He might be Leonard Hamilton 2.0!!

UT looks like they let things go to their head . ( we have seen that happen at tech) .
Don't know what to think of the USC ( of the south) Vandy game. It could be two good defenses of just two bad teams .
Did not see Louisville game I don't read to much into a game like this after last year and the Alcorn game . Still need to see them play a good team.( being a falcon fan I still hate their coach )

I dislike Petrino with a passion. Maybe it's leaving the Falcons in the middle of the night, the cheating, I don't know?

You are right, the Charlotte's and Tulane's tell you little about your team. Toss Kansas in that mix. Are they not brave for scheduling Rhode Island or what? You end up 6-6 and your fans mistakingly think you're good and improving with an MEG.

Delaware beat Del. St., don't they always? And we think the Mutts beat us every year. Can Va. beat VPI one day? Just once, please?

Penn State is honoring Joe Paterno's first game as head coach 50 years ago. The Twittersphere is having fun with that with lots of plays on it to the effect of...

"PSU is honoring Joe Paterno, but fans should just 'look the other way'"

How disgusting of Penn State. The "man" knew someone on his staff was molesting little kids and didn't do anything about it. Just disgusting.

My cousin through marriage, played for Joe Pa in the '60's(was an OL).
I watched in person Bob Campbell(tremendous RB) from Binghamton play for him in the Orange Bowl, defeating Kansas.

Yet, I totally adhere to your thoughts. It is totally in imaginable how that could have happened. Disgusting!

Friday night notes of interest...

• Big win for Jeff Monken and the Black Knights of Army who won 28-13 at Temple
  • Kudos to former Jacket, Mike MacIntyre, whose Colorado Buffs beat their state rival handily, 44-7
  • Nad State defeated Ga State with an announced attendance of 12,233

No way 12k were in the house. My butt is not that big!

Is it true Colorado hasn't beat them that bad since 1956?
Bobo the Clown, ha!ha!

It's my idea Tech was -3 so it's a push. BUT I THINK EVERYONE THAT PICK TECH WINS THIS GAME . ( let me know your call GTJT before my wife goes to the mall and I let her use your credit card )

It's a push. Nobody wins that one. I'm not going to list it in the records so I can avoid having to add a "tie" in the W-L column for any/all pushes we have ATS in this contest over the 14 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT