ADVERTISEMENT

2017 G.T. WBB Recruiting, (3)Commits.

Lady J's OOC opponents revealed FWIW... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/063016aaa.html

Non-conference opponents include: Samford, Kennesaw State, Georgia, Dayton, Missouri/Creighton, Michigan (ACC/Big 10 Challenge), Georgia State, Mercer, Appalachian State, Alabama, MTSU and Princeton. The entire 2016-17 schedule will be announced later this summer.

Alabama should be a road game. Cesspool and Michigan we already know are at home.

Dayton is at the Junkanoo Jam at Grand Bahama Island and we will play Mizzou or Creighton on the last day of that event.

Have to figure Samford, Kennesaw State, Georgia State, Mercer and Appy State are at home.

Not sure if we are hosting MTSU and/or Princeton or going on the road. Both are good programs - especially Princeton.

Only guessing that Princeton or Jersey has been a ground for recruiting in that area, making it a "road stop" to showcase our team for those talented academians. Gives Tilford a chance to go back. Didn't Double E transfer from Rutgers? She must have spent a little time living in the N.E.

MTSU isn't a bad trip, if that is the case. You've been to Knoxville plenty(JF61 travelled up there to watch Tech play the Lady Vols). I personally like avoiding going up 441 North, liking 75 to Murfreesboro better.

Based on an earlier release, there should be eight non-conference home games. Alabama is the return game for last year. Leaves two other non-conference road games.

Thanks, Richard.

Buzzforlife, Double-E transferred in from Hofstra on Long Island. Of course, prior to that her background was/is Nigeria.

I think traveling to Princeton as a "homecoming" game for our S-A's from Philly (Fortune) NY-NJ (Tilford and O'Neil) makes a lot of sense. Will be a tough one no matter where we play them.

Mikayla Coombs
BUFORD, GEORGIA
Wesleyan School, Class of 2017
POSITION G
HEIGHT
5' 8"
COLLEGE CONNECTICUT

The rich get richer, although Buford seems to be Geno's second home when he's not going to Knoxville to help immortalize CPS.

Will forgive that in a heartbeat, as long as you are broadcasting both games?

I usually only pray about important issues, like peace in the world. All lives matter. Ga. Tech broadcasts!

FWIW, Prospects Nation recently re-ranked their '17 class. Tech commit, 4-star Daijah Jefferson (6'2" Wing, Hopewell VA) is now ranked #48 in the nation and #11 at her position. With Kat graduating after this season, she should step right in and compete for playing time at that small forward position.

Tech's other verbal commit, PG Taja Cummings (St. Francis HS, Alpharetta) is also ranked as a 4-star by PN.

ESPNW has Cummings ranked as the 12th best PG in the nation currently and Jefferson as the 16th best wing. Would love to see Kasiyahna Kushkituah added to this class (assuming we are in the running...hard to tell). PN has her listed as #6 in the nation and the #1 post player.

I think now that July is winding down, we should start seeing some momentum pick up on S-A's verbally committing over the coming weeks.

2017(how about that, belongs in this thread....hopefully we will find a way to give two more, so we can take another PG):

One opened up with Howard leaving.

Another post:
Miami Suns EYBL have a skilled center in Sydni Donovan from Jupiter, Fla. She has soft touch around the basket and stands 6-4 on the interior. She also showed range to make plays and hit shots from the high post.

http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/216552/sydni-donovan

https://mobile.twitter.com/76_inches?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3563940/sydni-donovan

http://www.ncsasports.org/womens-ba...dge-academy-of-the-palm-beaches/sydni-donovan

With Sanford in, this must mean Karen Segrue is no longer with the Lady J's. I see where Karen's no longer listed in the staff directory at rr.com. That's kind of sad because KS was one of the good ones at the GTAA and they are so hard to find these days. I didn't even hold against her that she married a Dwag. ;)

Bummer on KK. She is exactly the kind of local talents we continually strike out on far too often (IMO). Hopefully, we won't do the same with Nelson-Ododa.

But, with as little fan support as we get, it is understandable I guess. :(

Let me preface this bit of information given, that I hope turns out to be incomplete....Olivia Nelson-Ododa favors the larger WBB programs. Tech has targeted others in the 2018 class. Obviously, the coaches know more about her than I do.

SC, Tenn, Ga., UConn?

Let me preface this bit of information given, that I hope turns out to be incomplete....Olivia Nelson-Ododa favors the larger WBB programs. Tech has targeted others in the 2018 class. Obviously, the coaches know more about her than I do.

SC, Tenn, Ga., UConn?

Makes sense. Can't really blame her. Was hoping her focus on "best education" and wanting to be a medical professional (physician) would help us.

It still amazes me the job CMJ does considering the blatant lack of support she gets from the Tech fanbase. Further, to be blunt, I'm still pretty amazed she has stuck with Tech and hasn't bailed for far greener pastures with greater fan support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT