ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Weekly Recruiting Wrap 12/4

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
CMS is going to check out Hannibal (Mizz) OG Dylan Powell. He is currently committed to Purdue and is a high academic kid with interest from Stanford as well as GT. He is the 37th ranked OG and the 8th ranked player in the state of Missouri.

A pair of three-star HS QBs are battling for the one QB spot. Neither have been offered, I did a story on Colerain QB Deshaunte Jones yesterday and McAdory (Ala.) ATH Jay Jones is the other option. I expect both to OV.

On the big man front, 4-star DT Michail Carter will take an OV to GT in January. CJS went to see him this week. Obviously playing time is an easy sell to him.

Romeo Finley has scheduled an OV to GT in January. The Jackets remain his top option but he is waiting to see if Miami circles around or UF.

Mill Creek 3-star OL Robbie Bell has turned down an OV opportunity to GT. Unless Louisville fires Todd Grantham I don’t see Bell reopening his recruitment. He committed there in April and has remained solid. He went to the GT-UGA game as a fan last weekend.

Another Louisville commit will visit though. Baylen Buchanan from Peachtree Ridge will OV on Jan. 22nd. GT feels good about him.

GT has dropped Trysten Hill after CRR went to see him this week. He was probably the weakest link in the 2016 class and with CPJ aiming to go a little leaner at guard he was a bad fit for his plans. Hill wasn’t one they were excited about when he committed and I think they have been slow playing him some since.

GT is looking at Colerain OG Desmond Noel who is a bigger guard type at 6’4” 290, three to four inches taller than Hill in comparison and 20-30 pounds lighter. Noel is committed to Ohio and can also play DT.

CPJ was supposed to do an in-home with Jair Hawkins-Anderson last night, I’ll see what I can find out from his dad Willie later today.

Errin Joe is not going to return to GT for a sixth year.

Tim Byerly’s request for a sixth year is at a standstill so they are preparing to play without him and he is a big bonus if he gets cleared and can go to grad school. If Tim isn’t cleared he has a nice job opportunity lined up from what I’ve heard.

GT will go see Wisconsin commit punter Anthony Lotti next week.

Dedrick Mills pushed his OV back to next week because of the state playoffs. I think GT will stand pat at A-back and B-back with Mills and Xavier Gantt because they are overloaded at both spots numbers wise now.

GT is still looking for one more WR, that is why CPJ did the in-home with Jair Hawkins-Anderson and there are a few more guys under consideration.

Reactions: Matte59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News