ADVERTISEMENT

Virginia@GT Nov. 19...another 12:30pm kickoff (ACC Network - Split)

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Unless ESPN chooses to 6-day option again, which is entirely possible (though I doubt they are waiting anything on these 2), we should learn the kickoff time and TV any time now. Matt Sarzyniak is guessing 12:30 ACC Network. 12 or 12:30 makes sense based on what we've seen for most of this year. We shall see.

(personally hoping for a late kickoff though I know doubtful...wanting to go to the Elon-JMU game that day with kickoff at 1:30)

CwrTo65XEAEeFXA.jpg

just keep kick us and we will have 5,000 less season ticket holders next year 5 -7 games at noon or 12;30 and one damn Thursday night game with a 25 mile drive that takes over 2 hours to get to Tech on Thursday night.

^^^What he said...that is, what stech81 said^^^

2017 Home Schedule (going ahead and filling you in now)...

Cheaters - 12:30 (ACC Network)
Pitt - 12:30 (ACC Network)
Virginia Tech - Thursday night (ESPN)
Wake Forest - 12:00 (RSN)
Jacksonville State - 12:00 (no TV)
Cesspool - 12:00 (ESPN-Something)

Of course, this is what happens when your program drops towards the basement of the ACC. The better teams tend to get later start times with the key word being "tend" (read: not always).

The old Lincoln Financial 12pm ACC kickoff (now labeled as ACC Network) used to be jokingly called The Duke Game of the Week because those basement dwellers were always the last pick and finished in that undesirable slot.

I've heard some say they didn't buy season tix. because the biggest game was on a Thursday night. Seems like this makes 6 at the Noon hour with 1 at 3 p.m.

The road games have been early too. VT being the lone 3:30. I guess if we played better, a few night games might have come our way? In the least, a few late afternoon encounters would have been nice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT