ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS UVA - 12/31

Connell62

Gold Member
Aug 14, 2017
It doesn't appear that there was media availability this week. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Connected with Josh yesterday and he told me that they really grinded the team hard this week. Big focus on cleaning up the zone and transition offense (key # 1 as he called it). I'm not sure how much it is going impact rim protection, but he is going to play more of Rodney/Javon/Jalon together, trying to keep two in the game at all times.

I asked him about Cyril getting more PT, and unfortunately, he has been stuck in Canada this week due to the travel fiasco and will miss tomorrow's game. He won't be back until late tomorrow night.

UVA is one of the best teams in the country, they could easily be a Final Four team with their mix of talent and experience. If they stay healthy, I think that they contend for the championship. I won't be surprised if we get crushed tomorrow, UVA has crushed a lot of teams this season, but I suspect we play better than expected.

I realize that many have given up on this squad / coach, that is your prerogative, but please keep snarky comments out of this thread. There's plenty of other threads were you can state your opinions on their future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.