ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS Transfer Portal Target Updates 4/20 sponsored by MyPerfectFranchise.net

Kelly Quinlan

Staff
Jul 10, 2006
East Cobb
Thanks to MyPerfectFranchise.net for bringing this to you.

Forward Hayden Brown wrapped up his official visit this morning to Georgia Tech. From talking to sources, Brown was described as a deeply religious and mature young man. He has his masters already from the Citadel and as of this morning was still pondering and praying about his decision between Georgia Tech and South Carolina. The visit went very well, some of the family want him at GT as well so that may help. It will be interesting to see how his personality would mesh with the other kids on the team who are a lot younger and more fun-loving.

GT has reached out to former Texas/UMass forward/center Tre Mitchell who entered the portal. He has a lot of baggage but is talented.

GT are still talking to Alabama wing transfer Jusaun Holt as well.

My source tell me GT are shooting for 12 players on scholarship for the upcoming season not 13, they want to hold back one ship for next year and given Pastner's short rotations that makes sense anyway. GT has nine players on scholarship with the addition of Lance Terry. Terry will start class at GT in less than a month doing the Maymester at GT.

There are seven or eight other prospects Josh Pastner is on privately including several big men, but I am not privy to their names at this time.

Names not to watch:

Utah forward Dušan Mahorčič heard from GT briefly, but after some digging my sources tell me they want no part of that, he has been kicked off teams at Illinois State and now Utah.

Former VaTech shooting guard Nahiem Alleyne is no longer being recruited by GT, he is a little concerned about his ability to play at the ACC level even though he visited FSU recently. That is a HUGE red flag and with Terry in the boat he became less important.

GT are no longer recruiting big man Guillermo Diaz (IMG Academy- Bradenton, FL) either who was one of the few HS targets still on the board for the Jackets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News