ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after sleeping on it

BigDaddyBuzz

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2006
What’s the old adage about the sun rising. Yea- it doesn’t feel any better today. Yesterday was a complete and utter embarrassment. I never thought I’d see our program this bad after recovering in the 80’s.
Full disclosure because I get asked a lot. I honestly don’t know what/when it will happen. My longtime source from the AA left 3 years ago and a coach I knew left for green pastures last year. I still will get great info every now and then but all the info I get now is from alum/boosters just like me.
I’m not saying this to justify anything but I’ve been called out on here several times. As an alum, donor, 25 year season ticket holder- I made a stand last year and cut my donations and did not buy season tickets. I hate it but I had to do it. I have reached out to Cabrera several times with only receiving one generic response that others got.
Todd is a different story. Had a few back and forths and here is how it ended. 3 years ago I pledged $50K to the edge renovation while keeping my monthly donation for the general AA scholarship fund. After telling him why I stopped my donations and pledge they sent me basically a demand letter stating I pay my pledge $ asap. Needless to say I was pissed. I told them my new pledge is to not give a dime until Stansbury is fired and he takes Collins with him. That was the last communication I’ve had.
Now onto the present- I heard last week that if we lost to both Ole Miss and UCF that Scoot would be fired. Yesterday my phone was blowing up that the performance fast tracked it and it would happen immediately. Could have just been heat in the moment as it seems it has cooled now. I don’t know what Cabrera is thinking and everyone seems to be mixed on if Todd is safe or not. My opinion is that if we don’t do this now, it is a big FU to the kids, support staff, and more importantly us fans, alum, boosters. Times have changed and having a great sports program goes hand in hand with a great school. Living in Florida I have watched UF fly past us and now UGa is right on our tails in school rankings. There has never been a more important time than now for GT the school to give a shit about GT AA. I bleed white and gold and have never felt this way. It is bad but we can fix it and build back. THWG!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News