ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING The latest on Georgia Tech's pursuit of North Cobb RB David Eziomume..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell Johnson

Staff
May 19, 2016
Georgia Tech and Clemson are fighting it out for North Cobb running back David Eziomume, a four-star recruit and member of the Rivals250.

Eziomume visited Clemson just before the dead period started, opting to also visit Georgia Tech after, giving the Yellow Jackets the last face-to-face time before what many thought would be a time period in which he made a decision.

Rumors have been SWIRLING the last few days, and I have been digging to separate the truth from the rest of it. Here's what I have gathered-
  • Clemson feels very confident that they are poised to land Eziomume, possibly as soon as this week
  • Clemson media are under the impression that he has silently committed to the staff there
  • GT sources are being told consistently that no decision has been made, and that despite rumors about a silent commitment to Clemson, that is not the case
  • Sources unaffiliated with either school believe that Clemson is leading the way as of Monday morning, but GT is far from out of the mix.
  • GT (McKenzie) as the strongest relationship with Eziomume, going well beyond football. The two talk on a daily basis.
  • Members of his family also would prefer he stay close to home, but Clemson has made assurances that have minimized the advantage GT has held on this
To summarize:
  • Clemson leads currently, feels confident and is telling anyone that will listen that they are confident
  • Eziomume is teasing an upcoming decision on social media, including edit creator Hayes Fawcett in it as well
  • GT is maintaining a "business as usual" mentality thru it all, and likely pushing to get him on campus as soon as possible
  • GT sources admit that due to the overwhelming amount of confidence on the side of Clemson, that it is possible he is afraid to give the staff on The Flats the bad news

No FutureCast from me yet, but I am closely monitoring the situation here and am leaning towards believing that Clemson has this one just about wrapped up.

More on the RB position and top targets in this week's war room, but I wanted to get this out there because there has been a TON of questions about him lately. The plan remains to take at least two at the position in this class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.