ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING The Daily 404: September 17th

Russell Johnson

Recruiting Analyst / Managing Editor
Staff
May 19, 2016
The number one response to yesterday's report was basically "Where does Gibbs stand after his visit" typed and posted in as many different ways as you could imagine, so guess what today's report is about.

You guessed it, scholarship kickers!

(kidding)

I caught up with some people around Jahmyr and the program at Dalton, and heard some interesting things in regard to his recruitment, and the status of his commitment.
First, I'll start this off by saying that Gibbs is still firmly committed to Georgia Tech, as he said in the article he did with Chad last week.

The new schools offering him and showing "love" have definitely caught his attention, but he is still committed to Georgia Tech.

His next two games are both on the road, so my sources were not sure just how many college coaches were going to be at his next two games, but they did say that the phones have been essentially ringing off the hook.

Scoring 20 TD in three games does that.

"I am still committed to Georgia Tech and I still feel pretty good about that decision," said Gibbs in his interview with Chad Simmons last week.. "I have always planned to commit, but to keep my options open, so nothing has changed for me. I still talk to the coaches like I did before I committed. Nothing has really changed. I like the coaches there, I like the new culture and I like the new offense."

Visits to Florida, LSU, and Ohio State are all likely in the next calendar month.

This may not be the norm yet for fans of the program, but this is what Collins, Suddes, and the rest of the staff envisioned when they took over.

Gibbs was on campus this past weekend, and witnessed the loss to The Citadel up close and personal, and that was (obviously) not the best thing that could have happened for him in regards to helping re-affirm his commitment to the program.

"They are going to have to win some games they weren't supposed to the rest of this season," said one of my sources.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News